Windows 10: new duel band router not showing up on wifi network list

Discus and support new duel band router not showing up on wifi network list in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Dell Insperon 7537 and recently upgraded to fiber optic internet. I have a Netgear nighthawk duel band router but neither network shows up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jamesmccoy4, Jun 15, 2020.

1. new duel band router not showing up on wifi network list

I have a Dell Insperon 7537 and recently upgraded to fiber optic internet. I have a Netgear nighthawk duel band router but neither network shows up on my computer. I have changed out the wifi card in the computer to no avail.

:)

jamesmccoy4, Jun 15, 2020
  2. Marc Cai Win User

"WiFi- Show Available Networks" does not list wireless routers anymore

It is good to be cautious at all times. To set an expectation regarding the concern, the
    network lists or saved network profiles should not be affected by the steps. But in order to be sure that everything will be safe and sound, please refer to the following links:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Back up and restore your PC

I noticed that there are good new suggestions. It is best to give each of them a chance.

Regards.

Marc Cai, Jun 15, 2020
  3. CLee9 Win User

Happy New Year!

I upgraded my Lenovo Z500 Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I was able to see list of available wifi networks and hotspots for a couple of months. However, after Windows 10's latest patch/update around Dec 20th 2016, my "WiFi- Show Available Networks" does not
    list wireless routers anymore.

My WIFI still connects to exiting wireless routers that it had been using for past year. However it will not allow me to list wireless networks in new locations such as Starbucks coffee shops. Since windows 10 does not list them, I am not able to connect.

I bought a USB dongle wireless adapter, but it did not work - Windows 10 still does not show list of available networks. (USB dongle worked on my other Windows 10 laptop {a Lenovo Edge 15} - it displays list of wireless networks).

I tried to compare Proxy and other settings between this Z500 and my Edge 15 - I do not see any differences except they use different network adaptors.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled driver from Lenovo for my wireless adapter.

I have over 20 years experience programming in Windows DOS and VB scripts. I have build windows PC for myself.

I've tried following steps here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3084164

and here:

computer will not list available wireless networks

but neither worked for me.

I don't see registry entry for any VPN

I've turned off Norton firewall and even uninstalled all anti virus software - still faced same issue.

I'm ready to switch to Apple Mac!!

Any other ideas?

CLee9, Jun 15, 2020
  4. CLee9 Win User

new duel band router not showing up on wifi network list

Thanks for trying. I think you misunderstood. It has nothing to do with routers (at Starbucks).

The problem is in Windows 10 upgrade that was forced on my Lenovo Z500 - win 10 messed it up so that win 10 will not display "WiFi- Show Available Networks" .

On my Lenovo Edge 15 I am able to bring up properties of my wireless adaptor and select "WiFi- Show Available Networks" which shows list of Wifi routers. I am able to bring up properties of my wireless adaptor on my Z500 and select "WiFi- Show Available
    Networks" - but nothing happens/displays. Same menu - one works, one does not. Both had windows 10 upgrade/patches forced on them.

CLee9, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

new duel band router not showing up on wifi network list

1. new duel band router not showing up on wifi network list - Similar Threads - duel band router

2. New Wifi router not showing on Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Wifi router not showing on Computer: I have just replaced my modem and router with a new arris s33 modem and the w121 mesh router. They are up and running and I can connect with my phone with the network showing a strong and fast signal, but my dell computer with Windows 10 will not show the new network even...
  3. New Wifi router not showing on Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Wifi router not showing on Computer: I have just replaced my modem and router with a new arris s33 modem and the w121 mesh router. They are up and running and I can connect with my phone with the network showing a strong and fast signal, but my dell computer with Windows 10 will not show the new network even...
  4. New Wifi router not showing on Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. 5G wifi wont show up on list of networks

5G wifi wont show up on list of networks: My PC is not recognizing my home wifi network's 5G Spectrum. Yes, my PC is 5G compatible but my PC is not picking up the 5G network. Looked at the network adaptors and tried to find the 802.11n mode to see if it was disabled, but there was no option there with that label....
  6. WiFi not showing up on available network list...

WiFi not showing up on available network list...: I have done the appropriate troubleshooting and updated my computer, Dell, Windows 10, rebooted everything... Consistently, I am not getting my router to show up on available networks. I have a dozen or so other devices and computer on wifi now and my computer works on all...
  7. wifi network band

wifi network band: I can't connect to 5GHz network band from 2.4GHz. I need it to play video games on Geforce Now. My friend is connected to the same university wifi and he gets 5GHz connection. My Laptop is Dell inspirion 7347. Thanks...
  8. My WiFi Router Connection Does Not Show Up In The List Of WIFI Selections

My WiFi Router Connection Does Not Show Up In The List Of WIFI Selections: I Have A Acer Aspire One Cloudbook 14 emmc 32gb UpOn Which Is Running Windows 10 Operating System. I Have Tried All Of The Standard Procedures In An Effort To Try And Solve The Problem With This Systems Failure To List My Wireless Router Along With The Other Wireless...
  9. Wifi network not showing up in list of available networks

Wifi network not showing up in list of available networks: One of my family members recently gave me a factory-reset Toshiba laptop. When I try to connect it to my house's wifi network, the network does not show up in the list of available networks. Any idea what's causing this, or how to fix it?...
  10. Wifi Network Not Showing in List

Wifi Network Not Showing in List: Hello, We had a power outage yesterday that reset our router to factory default settings. We fixed the router and not is is using the name/pw we want but while I see the router/network on my laptop (chromebook) and can connect to it just fine, I can't see the...