Windows 10: New Edge and all chrome-based browsers will cause a DCOM

Discus and support New Edge and all chrome-based browsers will cause a DCOM in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; New Edge and all chrome-based browsers will cause a DCOM error in the event log.There is no error until it is opened. 149236 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by degu61, Jan 25, 2020.

1. degu61 Win User

New Edge and all chrome-based browsers will cause a DCOM

New Edge and all chrome-based browsers will cause a DCOM error in the event log.There is no error until it is opened.

:)

degu61, Jan 25, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Site links not working in Chrome or Edge

Hi,

Have you tried resetting your browser? If not, we suggest you to do so. To reset Edge, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Browser Settings.

• Clear
      Browser Data.

• Close the browser and launch it again.

If the issue persist, follow these other steps:

• Go to
      Task Manager.

• Click on
      MicrosoftedgeCP.exe

• End the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Sharyn698 Win User
    Edge browser no longer displays the news feed

I am replying to the above advice. Been there, done that. In fact, I did that set of steps before I ever asked for help here. Does anyone have any other suggestions? It is very inconvenient to have no taskbar.

Thank you.

Sharyn698, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Edge browser no longer displays the news feed

Hi Charles,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below on how to Customize News Feed in Microsoft Edge Browser and check if this helps:

• Open Microsoft Edge Browser and click “Customise” (above top sites on the right side).
    • Select Top sites and my news feed, select your language and choose your favorite topics.
    • After selecting your favorite topics, now click Save. That’s it. Now you can see your favorite news on Microsoft Edge home.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arul_D, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

1. New Edge and all chrome-based browsers will cause a DCOM - Similar Threads - Edge chrome based

2. wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome: Hi there.I'm Frontend Developer. Some websites such as nextjs.org had wierd font. In some my emails this font applied. I have no idea what it is! I tryed many ways to fix this. install windows again some doing registry setting and no diffrent. when I use vite technology for...
  3. wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome: Hi there.I'm Frontend Developer. Some websites such as nextjs.org had wierd font. In some my emails this font applied. I have no idea what it is! I tryed many ways to fix this. install windows again some doing registry setting and no diffrent. when I use vite technology for...
  4. wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. the microsoft edge that new chrome browsers causing DPC Watchdog Violation on youtube...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the microsoft edge that new chrome browsers causing DPC Watchdog Violation on youtube...: I just today had an edge-based browsers causing DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD screen, my gigabyte desktop was working normally I would say most of the summer, now I am getting that problem, I was going to youtube in edge when it happened, I am thinking either some hardware...
  6. the microsoft edge that new chrome browsers causing DPC Watchdog Violation on youtube...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the microsoft edge that new chrome browsers causing DPC Watchdog Violation on youtube...: I just today had an edge-based browsers causing DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD screen, my gigabyte desktop was working normally I would say most of the summer, now I am getting that problem, I was going to youtube in edge when it happened, I am thinking either some hardware...
  7. Does the new Chrome-based Edge uninstall the old version?

in Browsers and Email
    Does the new Chrome-based Edge uninstall the old version?: Simple question, as per the title... I'm slightly confused, as CCleaner still thinks both versions of Edge are installed - or is it that CCleaner is the confused one? Cheers, Mike. 152212
  8. Question about the new Chromium based Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Question about the new Chromium based Edge Browser: Hi. I was was wondering if anyone has an opinion on weather it's ok at this time to manually download and install the new Edge Browser or wait until Windows Update pushes the update. I do like the Edge Browser although I use Firefox as my default browser. I have a HP Desktop...
  9. All browsers (Chrome and Edge) continuously don't respond.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All browsers (Chrome and Edge) continuously don't respond.: I have Windows 10 and I have all the updates. What started as my browsers slowing down after 7pm are now happening all the time. Both Edge and Chrome don't respond continuously to the point I can't use them. It's worse with Youtube and Facebook, but even without those two it...
  10. Microsoft is working on new features for Edge, Chrome browsers

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is working on new features for Edge, Chrome browsers: It’s clear that Microsoft is fully committed to improving Chromium-based Edge browser and multiple enhancements are already underway. Many of the improvements will come to all Chromium-powered browsers, including Chrome. After adding an improved version of Find box to...