Windows 10: New Edge Beta version now has dark background on its default home page for those using dark...

Discus and support New Edge Beta version now has dark background on its default home page for those using dark... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/welogique [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/welogique, Oct 29, 2019.

1. New Edge Beta version now has dark background on its default home page for those using dark...

/u/welogique, Oct 29, 2019

2. Dark background for emails?

Sorry to say that the emails don have dark background.. we have to live by that. Btw, its a nice choice to have dark background for mails so that battery also is less utilized.

Neelendu---01, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Maria Fab Win User
    Taskbar clock no longer changes colour on dark background.

Hi,

For better assistance, I would like to ask a few information:

• Where did you download your dark background theme?
    • Have you tried restoring it to the Windows default theme?

Thanks.

Maria Fab, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Mala_S Win User

New Edge Beta version now has dark background on its default home page for those using dark...

Background picture turning dark automatically in Windows 10

Hello Byron 1213,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following queries:

• Does the same issue occur when you set a default picture as the background? Have you tried changing it to a different picture?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on your machine?
    • Does the background picture gets dark? Or is it the dark mode that gets enabled automatically?
    • Were there any changes made to the computer prior to the issue?

According to the description, it seems like the Dark mode is getting enabled. I would suggest you to change the settings to Light mode and check if the issue persists. If yes, kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it works.

Method 1: Update Display drivers.

The issue could be occur due to the outdated display drivers that are installed on your machine. So, I would suggest you to update the drivers from Device Manager. To do that,

• Right click on the Start menu and click on
      Device Manager
    • Navigate to Display adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the driver to choose Update driver.
    • If you've already on the latest driver build, you may visit your PC manufacturer's website to download and install the display drivers.

For reference, you may follow the suggestions provided in the article on
    Update drivers in Windows 10.

Method 2: Create a new user profile.

The issue could be occurring due to user profile corruption as well, so you may create a new user profile and see if that works. To create a new user account, you may refer the article on

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Kindly get back to us with the results. Will be glad to assist you further if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

New Edge Beta version now has dark background on its default home page for those using dark...

1. New Edge Beta version now has dark background on its default home page for those using dark... - Similar Threads - Edge Beta version

2. The Beta version of Chrome (desktop) now also has the full native dark mode (menus with...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Beta version of Chrome (desktop) now also has the full native dark mode (menus with...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/b4a19b/the_beta_version_of_chrome_desktop_now_also_has/
  3. Task Manager Background Color Dark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager Background Color Dark: I changed my personalization color settings as showing in the attached photos. My default color for app mode is light but when I open task manager, my background color is dark. I want to change the background color to light mode but the only way I can is to change default...
  4. Programs and Features has a black background in dark mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs and Features has a black background in dark mode: I have a weird problem where the programs list background in Programs and Features applet is dark gray/black, as you can see, making the entries almost unreadable: [ATTACH] It's strange because no other Control Panel applets have this issue, and another machine does not...
  5. Dark background in win 10

Dark background in win 10: Hello everyone, I have a little problem with dark mode in win 10 system. Whenever i open app such as File explorer, Excel or Microsoft Paint, those programs will run as dark mode display like this photo. [ATTACH]I think it's not totally about dark mode. I've tried many...
  6. Colors on a Dark Background

Colors on a Dark Background: This thread is for discussion of and experimentation with colors on dark backgrounds. What works for you in a light background doesn't work for me on a dark background. For years, those with eye problems have begged Microsoft to give us a choice between a dark and light...
  7. File Explorer background dark

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer background dark: Hey After an update, the background in my file exlorer turned very dark. I tried changing the theme, and tired with high contrast. The only thing that changes is the header, the background stays the same. [img] 138766
  8. For those who like dark themes -- Breeze Dark on Linux VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    For those who like dark themes -- Breeze Dark on Linux VM: Hi folks for those who like dark themes : Here's fedora 30 running as a VM with Breeze dark. [img] Now if I could replicate Windows itself to do similar !!! I'm sure there are plenty but haven't got the info. Anybody got any links for decent Windows dark themes I could...
  9. Dark Background

Dark Background: I just picked up a new surface pro, and I am not able to get the office / windows product to display anything other than a black background, which I really do not like. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-background/8b65415e-8ad8-4b57-b5f4-0e7c38ec2ebc
  10. New extension for Windows 10 Edge browser brings dark theme to web pages

in Windows 10 News
    New extension for Windows 10 Edge browser brings dark theme to web pages: A new extension Night Eye is available for Microsoft Edge which brings dark theme support to the web pages. The extension developed by Razor is available to download from the Microsoft Store. Night Eye brings the support for the dark mode for all websites like Facebook,...