Windows 10: New Edge Browser and Chrome do not work on my Windows 10 PC

Discus and support New Edge Browser and Chrome do not work on my Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been having issues with Chrome for the past couple of months. It opens but does not do ANYTHING else. Edge used to work but when I downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SilkyPeanut1, Feb 27, 2020.

1. New Edge Browser and Chrome do not work on my Windows 10 PC

I have been having issues with Chrome for the past couple of months. It opens but does not do ANYTHING else. Edge used to work but when I downloaded the new Edge browser, the same thing happens. It opens but it will not do anything else. No buttons work except for the refresh but refreshing does not fix it. I have uninstalled the new edge and have restarted my computer many times. Still same issues. If I had to guess its something wrong with Windows 10 not supporting Chromium browsers because as soon as Edge used Chromium it stopped working. Any suggestions?

:)

SilkyPeanut1, Feb 27, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Site links not working in Chrome or Edge

Hi,

Have you tried resetting your browser? If not, we suggest you to do so. To reset Edge, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Browser Settings.

• Clear
      Browser Data.

• Close the browser and launch it again.

If the issue persist, follow these other steps:

• Go to
      Task Manager.

• Click on
      MicrosoftedgeCP.exe

• End the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 27, 2020
  3. AOL home page on Windows 10 Edge and Chrome browsers

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know if this issue confined to specific website.

I suggest you to Maximize and Minimize the browser screen and check if it helps.

I suggest you to clear cache and cookies from the
    Microsoft Edge
    browser.

Steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on
        More Action at the right top corner.

• Click on Settings, click on
        Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data.

• Select the Browsing history, caches and cookies and hit
        Clear.

• Close the browser and try to open it again.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 27, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

New Edge Browser and Chrome do not work on my Windows 10 PC

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

New Edge Browser and Chrome do not work on my Windows 10 PC

1. New Edge Browser and Chrome do not work on my Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Edge Browser Chrome

2. FTP not working in Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    FTP not working in Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser: [ATTACH]If FTP is not working in your Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser on Windows PC, and you are looking for resolution, then you have come to the right place. We decided to write this post since we received emails asking us why FTP was not working in their browser. You...
  3. My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze: My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze. I have removed extensions and re-installed browsers and reinstalled my Windows 8.1 but it still freezes. What may be causing the problem and how can it be fixed?...
  4. My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze: My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze. I have removed extensions and re-installed browsers and reinstalled my Windows 8.1 but it still freezes. What may be causing the problem and how can it be fixed?...
  5. My keyboard is not working in chrome browser in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My keyboard is not working in chrome browser in windows 10: I am not able to type any thing in my chrome broswer it is working on edge and Firefox broswer but it is not working in chrome broswer tell me how I can fix this type of issue?...
  6. Edge browser is in windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge browser is in windows 10 not working: Edge browser is in windows 10 is not working after recent windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-is-in-windows-10-not-working/228ef603-8de5-4820-a485-7ce200b458a5
  7. new edge browser

new edge browser: where can i download the new microsoft browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-edge-browser/5a51e5f6-fae5-46ff-bd65-d089589c5778
  8. the new edge browser

the new edge browser: When is the new Edge Browser coming out? I think its called Edge Chromium. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-new-edge-browser/edb59077-f0f0-4273-9882-da776bc9e220
  9. new edge browser

new edge browser: should i update to the new edge browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-edge-browser/6713934b-dc8b-4a84-afe0-2aa9a5183822
  10. Microsoft is working on new features for Edge, Chrome browsers

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is working on new features for Edge, Chrome browsers: It’s clear that Microsoft is fully committed to improving Chromium-based Edge browser and multiple enhancements are already underway. Many of the improvements will come to all Chromium-powered browsers, including Chrome. After adding an improved version of Find box to...