Windows 10: New Edge browser - favorites bar is missing

Discus and support New Edge browser - favorites bar is missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had a favorites bar on my old Microsoft Edge and I pinned it to the right side of the screen. However, after update it is missing. I found it now on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gustavo Gemmill, Jul 21, 2020.

1. New Edge browser - favorites bar is missing

I had a favorites bar on my old Microsoft Edge and I pinned it to the right side of the screen. However, after update it is missing. I found it now on the left side and cannot pin or change location. How to change it?

:)

Gustavo Gemmill, Jul 21, 2020
  2. jaswalt Win User

Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge

I recently upgraded to Win 10 64 and have decided that I am going to use Edge as my default browser. I have followed the directions on 2 websites now that tell how to transfer favorites from Firefox to Edge and seem to have hit a little snag. I am trying to transfer my favorites but every time I complete the steps, it takes my favorites and puts them in my favorites bar. I have a whole list of pages on my favorites bar in Firefox that I want to use for my favorites bar on edge. Why is the program turning my favorites from Firefox into my favorites BAR on edge? How do I transfer my favorites from Firefox into favorites on Edge and my favorites BAR in Firefox into my favorites BAR in edge? Thank you in advance for your help.

jaswalt, Jul 21, 2020
  3. Sizing and naming items on favorites bar on Edge browser

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; we cannot change the alignment/space on the favorite bar, it is by design.

I suggest you to provide the feedback for Microsoft Edge browser.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Microsoft Edge homepage.

• Select Send feedback option.

• Provide your feedback and click on send feedback button.

For any query related to Windows Operating System, feel free to post on Microsoft Community.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 21, 2020
  4. New Edge browser - favorites bar is missing

Favorites Bar

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Please provide us the required information to help you better:

Which browser are you referring to?

Please follow the steps to not shows items in Favorites bar in Microsoft Edge:

• Select More actions (…) on the address bar, then Settings.

• Turn off Show favorites bar.
    And to do the same in Internet Explorer:

• In Internet Explorer, right-click any empty space in the area above the address bar.

• Select Favorites bar.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us with the required information if issue persists.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

New Edge browser - favorites bar is missing

1. New Edge browser - favorites bar is missing - Similar Threads - Edge browser favorites

2. Cannot Increase the menu bar and favorites bar in the new Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Increase the menu bar and favorites bar in the new Edge.: I am thinking of switching from Firefox to the new Edge but have run into show stopper. The fonts in the Menu and Favorites bar are much to small for these octogenarian eyes and I can find no way to increase their size. Settings/Appearance allows me to select such things as...
  3. Edge favorites bar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge favorites bar: Hi, I have the Edge Favorites bar along the top of my home page. I have put many favorites along the top, I have selected " show icons only" to save space, however it keeps reverting back after about a day. I repeat this again, and it reverts back again. How can I prevent it...
  4. Edge Favorites Bar Customization

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Customization: Is it possible to set the favorites on the favorites bar to just icons like you have the option in IE11? I'm right clicking all over this program, but I don't see hardly anything that can be customized. 28020
  5. Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge: I recently upgraded to Win 10 64 and have decided that I am going to use Edge as my default browser. I have followed the directions on 2 websites now that tell how to transfer favorites from Firefox to Edge and seem to have hit a little snag. I am trying to transfer my...
  6. Edge Favorites Bar Not Showing Additional Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Not Showing Additional Favorites: I have enough icons in the Edge favorites bar that they do not all show in a browser window. Before the Creator update, at the right end of the items that showed there was a down carrot that expanded vertically down to show a list of the remaining favorites beyond those...
  7. Display Favorites Bar in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Display Favorites Bar in Edge: I've been able to import my favorites from IE11 but no matter what I do I can not get the them to display across the top of the browser. Any suggestions? [img] 58771
  8. Move favorite to left side of new Edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Move favorite to left side of new Edge browser?: Can anyone tell me how to get my favorites to pin on the left side of the new Edge browser? thanks 12475
  9. Managing favorites in edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Managing favorites in edge browser?: How do I manage my favorites in the new Edge browser? I accidently moved a favorites folder into another favorites folder & I don't know how to get the folder out of the other folder? Thanks 12466
  10. How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?: Hey gang, I can't seem to figure this one out. When I set up Win 10 a few days ago, I imported my IE settings into Edge. All my favorites are there, and the ones I had pinned to my favorites bar are there. But I can not seem to figure out, how to add a favorite to the...