Windows 10: New Edge Chromium does not display favorites in horizontal view

Discus and support New Edge Chromium does not display favorites in horizontal view in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi folks - Have two systems that are running the new Edge. Imported my favorites for display in a horizontal line, but Edge keeps them under Bookmarks... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Compumind, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Compumind Win User

New Edge Chromium does not display favorites in horizontal view

Hi folks -

Have two systems that are running the new Edge. Imported my favorites for display in a horizontal line, but Edge keeps them under Bookmarks Toolbar and Other Favorites.
    I just want them to simply display in the bar (image below) horizontally.

What am I doing wrong, if anything?

New Edge Chromium does not display favorites in horizontal view [​IMG]

The import procedure was automatic on my other systems.

Strange.

TIA *really

:)

Compumind, Jan 24, 2020
  2. graye Win User

Favorites Bar in Edge

Nothing will show up in the horizontal Favorites BAR until you put something there

There are two steps to make this work:

• Enable the Favorites BAR (which it appears you have already done)
    • Move some favorites into the Favorites BAR

Most people use the horizontal Favorites BAR for just a few of their frequently used favorites... and do not attempt to put their entire collection of favorites there. Instead, the "big" list of favorites remains in the vertical Favorites PANE.

So, open the vertical Favorites PANE the normal way (via the "hub" icon... the 3 little lines), expand the FOLDER called "Favorites Bar", and move a few favorites there via a "drag-n-drop" operation. This is a special folder that mirrors the horizontal
    Favorites BAR. So, anything you put there will show up both in the vertical Favorites PANE and in the horizontal Favorites BAR.

Note: Make sure that you don't accidentally have two folders called "Favorites Bar" in the vertical Favorites PANE. If you have more than one, then you should be using the one at the top of the list.

New Edge Chromium does not display favorites in horizontal view 522d956e-ac04-4c0b-a8f0-705dc82f4691.png

graye, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Edge Chromium, the Reading List

on the Edge feedback forum at

I have posed the following question in response to an existing thread

I wanted to ask this more pointed question:-

Will the mooted "offline" Reading List feature that was included in Edge HTML but never fully activated be added to Edge Chromium?

(I did get one reply to a question I posed, I think back in 2015,on the promised offline capability that reply said simply and unequivocably

""At this time, the reading list is not available offline in Microsoft Edge, but we’re working on it for a future update"

In my opinion it is a pretty useless add on anyway. because in EdgeHTML it does nothing that adding a URL to the Favorites list already does and now tht Edge Chromium sensibly includes an Internet Exploder like facility to Save a webpage complete you can
    save the whole webpage for off line viewing i.e.reading anyway

johnfowles, Jan 24, 2020
  4. New Edge Chromium does not display favorites in horizontal view

Created folders missing in Edge Favorites

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to find the favorites and check if it helps.

• Click on the Hub icon (icon with 3 horizontal lines, just to the right of the favorites "star" icon).
    • This opens the Hub. Now click on the Star icon in the hub and check whether you can find the favorites.

Also I suggest you to refer to the articles below and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/microsoft-edge

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

New Edge Chromium does not display favorites in horizontal view

1. New Edge Chromium does not display favorites in horizontal view - Similar Threads - Edge Chromium does

2. Stored Favorites/Bookmarks in Chromium Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Stored Favorites/Bookmarks in Chromium Edge: Windows 10 v. 21H1 Every site I visit states the following: You'll find the Microsoft Edge (Chromium) bookmarks/favourites over here: C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default\Bookmarks ("Bookmarks" is the actual file). All is great until I get to...
  3. Edge Chromium Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium Favorites: Could someone tell me when MS changed the way favorites are accessed in Edge Chromium. It used to be horizontal and now it's back to all vertical. I haven't seen any updates in the last few days, but it just changed overnight. 173585
  4. New Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Edge Favorites: I just installed the New EDGE. Can I import all my favorites from somewhere? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-edge-favorites/709dcff8-10b6-43df-9d12-955c1d12b642
  5. Recovering edge chromium favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Recovering edge chromium favorites: My computer did not power up as of yesterday. Do I extracted the HDD and hooked ot up with a spare casing as an external usb hdd. I recovered all my data by a simple copy and paste. I would like to know what file (maybe a db file) can I copy extract and replace to recover...
  6. Recovering edge chromium favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovering edge chromium favorites: My computer did not power up as of yesterday. Do I extracted the HDD and hooked ot up with a spare casing as an external usb hdd. I recovered all my data by a simple copy and paste. I would like to know what file (maybe a db file) can I copy extract and replace to recover...
  7. Import favorites from Edge Chromium Beta instead of Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Import favorites from Edge Chromium Beta instead of Edge: I have been using Edge Chromium Beta for some time now and all relevant favorites are now on that browser. I cannot find a way to export the favorites from the beta version so I can delete the old Edge favorites and import them into the new Edge that comes with build 2004....
  8. Favorites in the new Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites in the new Edge: Just started using the new Edge. Is there a way that when you click on the Favorites button, that all of your favorites will appear without having to hover over the Other favorites folder icon? Windows ver 1909. Thanks 151321
  9. Favorites are not displayed in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Favorites are not displayed in Edge: Please help me to find favorites and bookmarks on Edge. I’ve imported them from Internet Explorer but cannot see them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-are-not-displayed-in-edge/ea7bb85f-e371-4cb6-a914-99e265c81eee
  10. Ms Edge viewing favorites folders.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms Edge viewing favorites folders.: Here is what I am wondering, in google you can click on a favorites folder and see list of links, then you can slide your mouse over other folders, and see your links. But in Ms Edge you can't do that, you have to click on the page to close folder, then click on another...