Windows 10: New Edge Feature

Discus and support New Edge Feature in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Not sure when this was added (might have been the most recent Edge update), but they now have a "Do not allow this site to open more dialogs" checkbox... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mystere, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Mystere Win User

New Edge Feature

Not sure when this was added (might have been the most recent Edge update), but they now have a "Do not allow this site to open more dialogs" checkbox so those input hijacking websites that claim to be a virus, or from Microsoft can no longer be permanently locked out.

It works pretty well, though it can take a few seconds for the malicious site to cycle through all its scripts trying to open more dialogs. Eventually you can close the tab.

:)

Mystere, Jan 19, 2016
  2. Shilohbob Win User

How can I get Edge to open where and how I want it to on my monitor?

MS Edge is still really in development stage and is missing several features, over the next few mths Edge will be modified with some of the old features of IE, plus new features will be added, that is why both browsers are currently available. If Edge
    does not work as you wish continue with IE, remembering that sometime in the future we will have one MS browser - Edge.

Shilohbob, Jan 19, 2016
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Pavan_N, Jan 19, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

New Edge Feature

Thanks for the information

BunnyJ, Jan 19, 2016
  5. jyusa Win User
    I couldn't find this feature in Edge settings. Please advise!

jyusa, Jan 19, 2016
  6. rfruth Win User
    I'm using ver 25.1 & don't see it, help !

rfruth, Jan 19, 2016
  7. Mystere Win User
    The current version of Edge is 27.11099.1000.0, from the latest insider release.

Mystere, Jan 20, 2016
  8. jyusa Win User

New Edge Feature

But where I can turn it ON?

jyusa, Jan 20, 2016
  9. Mystere Win User
    it's on by default, I don't know if there is any way to enable or disable it.. it's just there, if you're using the latest redstone build.

Mystere, Jan 20, 2016
  10. jyusa Win User
    Thanks, I see!

jyusa, Jan 20, 2016
  11. Cliff S New Member
    That's good to know @Mystere, now maybe I won't have to use Task Manager and kill Edge's process when that happens.

Cliff S, Jan 20, 2016
  12. lx07 Win User
    Do you mean this?

New Edge Feature [​IMG]

I'm pretty sure it has always been there (as long as I can remember anyway). Certainly I just took this on 10586 after trying to close a pop-up from some dodgy site or other.

Guess I look at too many of those huh *Wink

13. Mystere Win User

New Edge Feature

Yes, that.. but it's good to know it's been there for a little while, I only just noticed it. It certainly wasn't there in 10240.

Mystere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

New Edge Feature

1. New Edge Feature - Similar Threads - Edge Feature

2. I cannot disable my trackpad edge swipe feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot disable my trackpad edge swipe feature: So i am using a wireless keyboard with a trackpad to operate my desktop from my couch.I have already gone into my local group policy editor and disabled "Allow edge swipe"I have reset the pc after the change, and still if I accidentally swipe left on the trackpad while...
  3. I cannot disable my trackpad edge swipe feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot disable my trackpad edge swipe feature: So i am using a wireless keyboard with a trackpad to operate my desktop from my couch.I have already gone into my local group policy editor and disabled "Allow edge swipe"I have reset the pc after the change, and still if I accidentally swipe left on the trackpad while...
  4. This Windows file controls the uninstallation of Edge, Web Search and other features

in Windows 10 News
    This Windows file controls the uninstallation of Edge, Web Search and other features: Microsoft plans to introduce fundamental changes to its Windows 10 and 11 operating systems in the coming months. Two of the main changes allow users to uninstall Microsoft Edge and Web Search from the operating system. Downside is that these changes will become available for...
  5. Microsoft Edge for Business Download and Features

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge for Business Download and Features: [IMG]Microsoft has introduced Microsoft Edge for Business, and in this article, we will talk about the new browser and the features that it offers. Microsoft Edge for Business Microsoft Edge for Business is a new Edge browser environment specially designed for work. Microsoft...
  6. how can i stop bing from trying to show me the "new" feature every day when I start Edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i stop bing from trying to show me the "new" feature every day when I start Edge?: how can i stop bing from trying to show me the "new" feature every day when I start Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-bing-from-trying-to-show-me-the-new/8543c7fd-7f5a-46a7-bb3c-5a5047cdba90
  7. how can i stop bing from trying to show me the "new" feature every day when I start Edge?

how can i stop bing from trying to show me the "new" feature every day when I start Edge?: how can i stop bing from trying to show me the "new" feature every day when I start Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-bing-from-trying-to-show-me-the-new/8543c7fd-7f5a-46a7-bb3c-5a5047cdba90
  8. is microsoft doing anything to restore the missing share feature from the recent Edge...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is microsoft doing anything to restore the missing share feature from the recent Edge...: is microsoft doing anything to restore the missing Share feature from Edge? Does it care??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-microsoft-doing-anything-to-restore-the-missing/52c4bbbe-b14e-4e17-9678-ce32c61ff07d
  9. is microsoft doing anything to restore the missing share feature from the recent Edge...

is microsoft doing anything to restore the missing share feature from the recent Edge...: is microsoft doing anything to restore the missing Share feature from Edge? Does it care??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-microsoft-doing-anything-to-restore-the-missing/52c4bbbe-b14e-4e17-9678-ce32c61ff07d
  10. is microsoft doing anything to restore the missing share feature from the recent Edge...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging