Windows 10: (New) Edge has vanished again (Part 2)

Discus and support (New) Edge has vanished again (Part 2) in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Edge is constantly in use on my TabletPC, unless (as now) it has vanished from my machine, and I have not yet found how to restore it. There is no... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by clayto, Oct 25, 2020.

1. clayto Win User

(New) Edge has vanished again (Part 2)

Edge is constantly in use on my TabletPC, unless (as now) it has vanished from my machine, and I have not yet found how to restore it. There is no longer a Desktop shortcut, or a Tile in Start Menu, and it cannot be found by searching my device. Worse still, I have not succeeded in downloading it again from the (Chromium) Edge webpage where the 'give it a try' buttons fail. It seems ironic that I have to use another browser to find and launch this TenForums webpage so I can appeal for help.

This keeps happening to me. Am I the only one having this problem with Microsoft's flagship browser? To make things more disheartening Ancient Edge is still around like an unwelcome ghost ready to materialise, as I search for the new version. The only consolation so far is that when I do finally manage to reinstate it, although what materialises is the original manifestation, after a while all my work (Collections, SetAside Tabs, Favourites, Extensions) is eventually restored, presumably when syncing has occurred.

Can someone please give a working link to download a reliable copy of Edge and if possible advice on how best to deal with this?

:)

clayto, Oct 25, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Edge drops the internet

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you use a new InPrivate window. To open a new InPrivate window, follow the steps below:

• Open Edge.
    • Click on the three dots icon on the upper-right part of the screen.
    • Click New InPrivate window.

If the issue persists, we recommend that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • In the search bar, type Network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

To isolate the cause of the issue, turn off any third-party security software or firewalls in your system. If possible,
    try moving your PC or laptop closer to the router or access point.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Sharyn698 Win User

Edge browser no longer displays the news feed

I am replying to the above advice. Been there, done that. In fact, I did that set of steps before I ever asked for help here. Does anyone have any other suggestions? It is very inconvenient to have no taskbar.

Thank you.

Sharyn698, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

1. (New) Edge has vanished again (Part 2) - Similar Threads - Edge has vanished

2. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. part 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. part 2: Hello, I am getting constant crashes, multiple times per day, causing me to lose work. Here is the latest: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff80544973358. A dump was...
  3. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. part 2

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. part 2: Hello, I am getting constant crashes, multiple times per day, causing me to lose work. Here is the latest: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff80544973358. A dump was...
  4. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. part 2

5. BSOD New PC build Part 2

BSOD New PC build Part 2: I posted on here yesterday regarding my recent PC build and the continues BSOD and random error messages I keep getting. I tried reinstalling Windows from scratch but this time it crashed mid install from USB stating a critical windows stop 'memory management' when it...
  6. Bluetooth has vanished

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth has vanished: I have been happily using Amazon Echo as my speaker for my admittedly elderly Inspiron 1710. I installed a new hard drive a few weeks ago. The computer is running Win 10 up to date. The Echo connects with Bluetooth and has been working just fine for several years, as...
  7. Timeline has vanished

in Windows 10 Support
    Timeline has vanished: My Timeline is no longer visible ---- all the past activities are no longer shown. All I get is what is displayed currently on the desktops. Search does not find anything, and I cannot find where the setting are, in case Timeline has got switched off. I think I once accessed...
  8. Edge weather vanished.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge weather vanished.: I have been away and turned off my computer, router and all. I now find having turned everything on again that when I open Edge the weather and sport that used to appear top right on home page has vanished. How can I get it back please? 109585
  9. Search Box Vanished In Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Search Box Vanished In Edge: Hi, Been using Edge browser since it first became available, with little or no problems......but this is doing my head in....the search box has disappeared from the new tab page, I am running two laptops, both with exactly the same settings....one still shows the search box,...
  10. PC Has Vanished

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC Has Vanished: Some time in the past few months, one of my PC's has vanished from the network. It seems to be an issue with Network Discovery. The PC is accessible if you type in a path from another PC, it is also present in the Homegroup, but it is missing from the list of PC's in Windows...