Windows 10: New Edge is opening some media to a black page

Discus and support New Edge is opening some media to a black page in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Version 80.0.361.48 I'm not sure if there was an update recently, but new behavior as of this morning for me, opening some likes like a game's page on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/seriosbrad, Feb 8, 2020.

1. New Edge is opening some media to a black page

Version 80.0.361.48

I'm not sure if there was an update recently, but new behavior as of this morning for me, opening some likes like a game's page on Steam that plays video, or a gfycat link that opens in a new tab from Reddit, that page is all black. I can click backwards on the mouse to get out of it.

submitted by /u/seriosbrad
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/seriosbrad, Feb 8, 2020

2. open a new tab to my home page in edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

You can set New Tab as a Home Page on Microsoft Edge. Please follow the below steps to do so.

Steps:-

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three dots ()
      on the top right corner.
    • Select Settings.
    • Under the option, “Open with”, check and select, “New Tab Page.”
    • Close and Reopen the browser and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Default pages for Microsoft Edge

Hello Angela,

I understand that you are trying to set the starting page for the Microsoft Edge of your preferred web pages. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the ". . ." at the top right corner. Select Settings.
    • Under Open Microsoft Edge with. Select Specific pages.
    • Set the webpages and Save.
    Please post to us if you have any further queries to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 8, 2020
  4. PamHogg Win User

New Edge is opening some media to a black page

open a new tab to my home page in edge

Did you even read the question?

PamHogg, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

New Edge is opening some media to a black page

1. New Edge is opening some media to a black page - Similar Threads - Edge opening media

2. Edge opening page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge opening page: First when I open edge it will show a unlogged pages. When I tried to click around it that's the time it will show that I'm connected. This still happens even I'm already connected to the internet. How to fix this?...
  3. Edge opening page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge opening page: First when I open edge it will show a unlogged pages. When I tried to click around it that's the time it will show that I'm connected. This still happens even I'm already connected to the internet. How to fix this?...
  4. Edge opening page

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft Jigsaw crashes when opening some page in Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Jigsaw crashes when opening some page in Edge: MS Jigsaw keeps crashing. Today it crashed twice while it seemed to open a page in Edge. The second time I saved the URL in case it helps MS to fix the crashes: https://s0.2mdn.net/sadbundle/15203568126445503942/[object%20Object] I guess MS Jigsaw tries to open some ad for...
  6. Microsoft Jigsaw crashes when opening some page in Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Jigsaw crashes when opening some page in Edge: MS Jigsaw keeps crashing. Today it crashed twice while it seemed to open a page in Edge. The second time I saved the URL in case it helps MS to fix the crashes: https://s0.2mdn.net/sadbundle/15203568126445503942/[object%20Object] I guess MS Jigsaw tries to open some ad for...
  7. Edge opens home page on new Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens home page on new Tab: Latest version of Edge. New tab opens home page. Used to open blank page. How do I get the blank page back? What I find doing a search is for older versions (apparently) or refers to custom in settings but all that does is open a new page in a Tab. 183159
  8. Open microsoft edge with a spacific page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open microsoft edge with a spacific page: Open microsoft edge with a spacific page . Microsoft calendar url ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-microsoft-edge-with-a-spacific-page/864fa942-bfa2-41ff-affa-4d556a035e7f
  9. Edge opens with previous page instead of start page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens with previous page instead of start page: Randomly, not all the time, after a reboot (or power off/on) Edge will start with the previously opened page instead of the set "home" (start) page. Is there any way to prevent this? This is what I have set. [img] 114998
  10. Edge will not open certain pages

in Browsers and Email
    Edge will not open certain pages: Hi! First post here, so I apologize in advance if I break any major forum etiquette, but I am having a very certain issue with edge. It will not open any page related to Google in any way. I can't open Google Plus, the search engine, or even Google Drive. I've looked into...