Windows 10: New Edge Taskbar

Discus and support New Edge Taskbar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm persevering with new Edge, though it is clearly not built for tablets. Today's problem is that 'Pin to taskbar' has no effect. I've tried... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ralphs1, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Ralphs1 Win User

New Edge Taskbar

I'm persevering with new Edge, though it is clearly not built for tablets.
    Today's problem is that 'Pin to taskbar' has no effect. I've tried everything, short of reinstalling - MS even makes hat difficult!
    Any tips welcome.

:)

Ralphs1, Jul 3, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Sharyn698 Win User
    Edge browser no longer displays the news feed

I am replying to the above advice. Been there, done that. In fact, I did that set of steps before I ever asked for help here. Does anyone have any other suggestions? It is very inconvenient to have no taskbar.

Thank you.

Sharyn698, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

New Edge Taskbar

Pin Microsoft Edge to Taskbar

Hi,

It's possible that you're not able to pin Edge to the taskbar due to some corrupted system files. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is currently on your computer? To check, click
      Start, type winver, and press Enter.
    • Does this only happen to Edge? Have you tried pinning other apps to the taskbar?
    • What are all of the troubleshooting steps that you've done? Please list all of them so that we could move on to the next steps.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

New Edge Taskbar

1. New Edge Taskbar - Similar Threads - Edge Taskbar

2. Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening: Over this last week I have discovered that every time I have tried to open the Taskbar Settings on this Computer details attached they will not open. I get as far as opening the Personalization Settings, and when I click on Taskbar from the left panel it just not open. I have...
  3. Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening: Over this last week I have discovered that every time I have tried to open the Taskbar Settings on this Computer details attached they will not open. I get as far as opening the Personalization Settings, and when I click on Taskbar from the left panel it just not open. I have...
  4. Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar is not showing up when using Microsoft edge.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is not showing up when using Microsoft edge.: Whenever I have a tab in Microsoft Edge open my taskbar refuses to show up on the Edge pages no matter what I do. Autohide is already turned off, and I have already attempted to reboot windows explorer, but neither has helped. This issue started maybe a month ago and is...
  6. Taskbar is not showing up when using Microsoft edge.

Taskbar is not showing up when using Microsoft edge.: Whenever I have a tab in Microsoft Edge open my taskbar refuses to show up on the Edge pages no matter what I do. Autohide is already turned off, and I have already attempted to reboot windows explorer, but neither has helped. This issue started maybe a month ago and is...
  7. Edge or Chrome Browser covering Taskbar when maximized [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Edge or Chrome Browser covering Taskbar when maximized [Fix]: [ATTACH]Some users have reported quite a strange thing. Their Edge or Chrome browser covers the Taskbar when it is launched on Windows 11 or Windows 10. This happens only when one opens a browser, but the other apps don’t hide the Taskbar. The issue also affects...
  8. Remove the "Open Bing Chat in Edge" Button from Windows 11 Taskbar Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove the "Open Bing Chat in Edge" Button from Windows 11 Taskbar Search: Hi,I was wondering if there is a way to Remove the "Open Bing Chat in Edge" from Windows 11 Search, or at least make it invisible.I am refering to the Button in the Top-Right of this Screenshot:I am running Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Build 22621.1702....
  9. Remove the "Open Bing Chat in Edge" Button from Windows 11 Taskbar Search

Remove the "Open Bing Chat in Edge" Button from Windows 11 Taskbar Search: Hi,I was wondering if there is a way to Remove the "Open Bing Chat in Edge" from Windows 11 Search, or at least make it invisible.I am refering to the Button in the Top-Right of this Screenshot:I am running Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Build 22621.1702....
  10. paint disappeared from windows 11 edge taskbar

paint disappeared from windows 11 edge taskbar: paint disappeared from windows 11 edge taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-disappeared-from-windows-11-edge-taskbar/78727902-cce1-41ba-a9ef-d3922321208e