Windows 10: New edge version 8/27/20 - C:Drive files now empty

Discus and support New edge version 8/27/20 - C:Drive files now empty in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Turned on my PC this AM and a new version of Edge appeared. Desktop totally changed no icons and task bar moved. Checked files on my C: drive found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WaynePrice5, Aug 27, 2020.

1. New edge version 8/27/20 - C:Drive files now empty

Turned on my PC this AM and a new version of Edge appeared. Desktop totally changed no icons and task bar moved. Checked files on my C: drive found that they were now all empty. Is there a way to retrieve this missing file data.

:)

WaynePrice5, Aug 27, 2020

2. File named “F6F501913800” appears in C: drive?

It’s not in any folders on the C: drive, it’s where the folders (like users, windows, and program files) are listed. Scanning with MalwareBytes Antimalware shows no threats, right-clicking brings the drop-down menu for files with no extension, the way folders
    and files are listed in C: gives a “date modified” and the date of ot last being modified as “8/27/2017 at 8:54 AM.” the size shows “1 kb.” and the tabs under properties are the usual “General, Security, Deatils, Previous Versions” tabs. I think it may be
    something to do with the Windows 10 Upgrade folder (which is for Creators Update) because every time I uninstall the Upgrade Assistant, it always reappears within the C: drive. I would attach pictures but I’m typing from the Google Chrome app on an iPad.

theCoolGirl16, Aug 27, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Jacee Win User

New edge version 8/27/20 - C:Drive files now empty

C: Drive disk cleanup

I've already done your suggestions....... yep, need a bigger drive for C: suppose!

Jacee, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

New edge version 8/27/20 - C:Drive files now empty

1. New edge version 8/27/20 - C:Drive files now empty - Similar Threads - edge version Drive

2. How to empty C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to empty C drive?: I need help emptying my C drive. I’ve tried a bunch of methods but nothing is working! It still says 115 MB free of 56.7 GB. How do I clear it? I’ve looked in the Software Distribution and I’ve cleared it, I’ve dones windows+R stuff, and it’s still full. Is it an issue with...
  3. How to empty C drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to empty C drive?: I need help emptying my C drive. I’ve tried a bunch of methods but nothing is working! It still says 115 MB free of 56.7 GB. How do I clear it? I’ve looked in the Software Distribution and I’ve cleared it, I’ve dones windows+R stuff, and it’s still full. Is it an issue with...
  4. New files in C: drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New files in C: drive: I only have my C: drive, because I have a laptop. Today a couple random folders and files popped up in my C drive: -mono.msi file -System64 folder -System folder -Mono folder I have literally never seen these before and didn't know they existed. I'm wondering what...
  5. Empty Partition on C: drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Empty Partition on C: drive: Hello, a little while ago i tried to install a linux distribution on my Laptop. Unfortunately, i wasnt able to create a new primary partition because there were alredy four partitions. I wonder if i can delete a partition which is completely empty and does not have any...
  6. Why is C drive empty?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is C drive empty?: Split from this thread. why are there not very files on orginal harddrive From another post: why is C: drive empty From another post: C: drive does not have very many files on it...
  7. New Microsoft Edge app 42.0.2.3773 version for Android - June 27

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Edge app 42.0.2.3773 version for Android - June 27: Microsoft Edge is the fast, safe web browser that gives you one continuous browsing experience from your Android phone to your Windows 10 device. Once you’ve linked your phone, your stuff will sync in the background, so you can browse wherever you like without skipping a...
  8. New Microsoft Edge app 44.1.3 version for iOS - March 27

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Edge app 44.1.3 version for iOS - March 27: Microsoft Edge, now available on iOS, creates one continuous browsing experience for Windows 10 users across their devices. Content and data sync seamlessly in the background, so users can browse across devices, without skipping a beat. Familiar Microsoft Edge features like...
  9. New Microsoft Edge app 42.0.2.3333 version for Android - February 27

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Edge app 42.0.2.3333 version for Android - February 27: Microsoft Edge is the fast, safe web browser that gives you one continuous browsing experience from your Android phone to your Windows 10 device. Once you’ve linked your phone, your stuff will sync in the background, so you can browse wherever you like without skipping a...
  10. New Microsoft Edge app 42.0.0.2529 version for Android - September 27

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Edge app 42.0.0.2529 version for Android - September 27: Microsoft Edge, now available on Android, creates one continuous browsing experience for Windows 10 users across their devices. Content and data sync seamlessly in the background, so users can browse across devices, without skipping a beat. Familiar Microsoft Edge features...