Windows 10: New Edge version does not show close all tabs box

Discus and support New Edge version does not show close all tabs box in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The new edge version just showed up today on my HP desktop running windows home 10 build 10.0.18362 and edge version 83.0.478.50 build (64 bit). I've... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by revmike, Jun 18, 2020.

1. revmike Win User

New Edge version does not show close all tabs box

The new edge version just showed up today on my HP desktop running windows home 10 build 10.0.18362 and edge version 83.0.478.50 build (64 bit).

I've run the registry edit file to change the dword to 1 to turn the option on and checking the registry editor it indicates that the number has been changed, but edge still fails to show the option when closing. any ideas?
    Thanks

:)

revmike, Jun 18, 2020
  2. xsteveuk Win User

On edge Chromium if you have multiple tabs open - Right click on a tab (( you want to remain open ))
    And then select close other tabs - and it will close all those other tabs you have open

New Edge version does not show close all tabs box [​IMG]

xsteveuk, Jun 19, 2020
  3. revmike Win User

The new edge version just showed up today on my HP desktop running windows home 10 build 10.0.18362 and edge version 83.0.478.50 build (64 bit).

I've run the registry edit file to change the dword to 1 to turn the option on and checking the registry editor it indicates that the number has been changed, but edge still fails to show the option when closing. any ideas?
    Thanks

revmike, Jun 19, 2020
  4. New Edge version does not show close all tabs box

Edge new tab

Hello All,

Sorry for the delayed response from our end.

Please be informed that Edge open a new tab to a specific webpage every time you click the "+" button at the right of a tab. Customizable options available are

• Show top sites
    • Show top sites
    • My news feed
    However you can still enjoy the best of the best features of the Internet Explorer using Microsoft Edge browser page.

Follow below steps:

1. Open Microsoft Edge browser.

2. Tap the three-dot menu (More Actions) on the top right on any page that you want to open in Internet Explorer.

3. Select Open With Internet Explorer.

Your recommendation is a valuable feedback for us and a scope for further improvement.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thanks

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

1. New Edge version does not show close all tabs box - Similar Threads - Edge version does

2. alt + tab not showing edge tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alt + tab not showing edge tabs: alt + tab not showing edge tabs but in my settings it is selected. how can I solve this problem?changes in regedit did not solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-showing-edge-tabs/38263121-8782-4afb-b2c1-c8af929ac6da
  3. alt + tab not showing edge tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    alt + tab not showing edge tabs: alt + tab not showing edge tabs but in my settings it is selected. how can I solve this problem?changes in regedit did not solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-showing-edge-tabs/38263121-8782-4afb-b2c1-c8af929ac6da
  4. How to prevent close of (new) Microsoft Edge browser when last tab is closed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent close of (new) Microsoft Edge browser when last tab is closed?: Is there any way to do it via an extension or setting? Firefox can do it. Thanks. submitted by /u/puppy2016 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gxmuo9/how_to_prevent_close_of_new_microsoft_edge/
  5. Microsoft edge closing and repoening a tab

in Cortana
    Microsoft edge closing and repoening a tab: I have looked at the same question yet the methods do not work how to fix???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-closing-and-repoening-a-tab/e299e48b-3741-4de0-a6dc-0ee06ba1c335"
  6. Closing Out Tab in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Closing Out Tab in Edge: I use Edge browser and alot of the time I'm in full screen with multiple tabs open. I'm aware that ctl + tab will jump from tab to tab. My question, is there a shortcut on the keyboard to close out the tab I'm viewing and not close the other tabs? 126336
  7. Edge asks to close all tabs with only one tab open

in Browsers and Email
    Edge asks to close all tabs with only one tab open: V1809 with the last Tuesday update. When closing Edge, it always asks to close all tabs even though there is only one tab open. [img] 119766
  8. Close all Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Close all Tabs: When using a search engine and having the need to return to a previous page, at present I am unable to do so. All I can do is either "Cancel" or "Close all Tabs" . This means I lose the site and have to start all over again. I am using Windows10 64byte. Can anyone tell me how...
  9. Microsoft Edge - Do You Want To Close All Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Do You Want To Close All Tabs: Hi All, I accidently put a tick in "Always Close All Tabs" when closing down Edge, how can I change this back as I don't want this setting, I thought it might be called "warnonclose" like IE within the Registry, however this is not the case. I cannot see within the...
  10. Close All Tabs setting not working in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Close All Tabs setting not working in Edge: Having this problem with Edge.. EVERY time I close Edge up pops that silly "Do you want to close all tabs?" window along with checking the "Always close all tabs" box.. I say Yes and check the box but it doesn't hold the setting.. Anyone know of a way to stop this annoying...