Windows 10: New email account not added in People. Please help

Discus and support New email account not added in People. Please help in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a new pc with Win 10, and it came with my MS Outlook email installed. I have added my other email from a local server in my city, and it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LyndaHood, Dec 23, 2018.

1. LyndaHood Win User

New email account not added in People. Please help

I have a new pc with Win 10, and it came with my MS Outlook email installed. I have added my other email from a local server in my city, and it will NOT show up in "People", so I can add new contacts. I've worked on this 2 days, with no luck. Please tell me what to do. This is my first time using Win 10.

Thanks for any help!

:)

LyndaHood, Dec 23, 2018

2. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Dec 23, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Dec 23, 2018
  4. iBawbag Win User

Problem adding a POP3 email account

It does work fine with pop.

New email account not added in People. Please help [​IMG]

It has a problem with 2 step authentication. What is the domain?
    Is your username the same as email address?

iBawbag, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

1. New email account not added in People. Please help - Similar Threads - email account added

2. Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts: Some programs requiring microsoft account signin were not working so I created a local account, signed out and removed my microsoft account. Now when I try to add any microsoft account, I get this error....
  3. Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts: Some programs requiring microsoft account signin were not working so I created a local account, signed out and removed my microsoft account. Now when I try to add any microsoft account, I get this error....
  4. adding people to my account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    adding people to my account: Hi, how can i add my daughter to my Microsoft account so that we can have separate personal accounts while using Office 365 thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-people-to-my-account/2cc7e989-fb9b-427c-a4d9-195c2cb30189
  5. Adding People To Windows 10 Mail From An Email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding People To Windows 10 Mail From An Email: I am new to Windows 10 and the new Mail program. I have read all I can find about adding contacts to People from a received email and I am unable to do it. What I have read says to left click on a person/email in the reading pane of an email. When I do that a window opens...
  6. Adding an email account gets stuck here, help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adding an email account gets stuck here, help?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dankm3m3zwetdreamz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/efrspk/adding_an_email_account_gets_stuck_here_help/
  7. Adding email sender to People app from Mail

Adding email sender to People app from Mail: When I receive an email in Mail app how do I add that person as a contact in the People app. I am fully up to date running Windows 10 Home 1903. I know I can do this by copy paste etc in a manual way but where is the option to left/right click and select add? I have read...
  8. Adding an email to Calendar and People doesn't work

Adding an email to Calendar and People doesn't work: Hello. I recently got my new Surface Pro (5th Gen). I works quite well, except for the email and Calendar. I have an Office subscription but I'd rather use the built in Windows 10 apps as they integrate better. So I added my email to the Mail app. My email is with this...
  9. Windows 10 adding new versions of email account!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 adding new versions of email account!!!: As with some others as soon as I upgraded to Windows 10 my external email account using Outlook13 received emails but could not send. So I deleted my email and reset it but the send problem persisted. In noted that each time I did the account delete and reset a new name...
  10. Adding a new account asks for email...then nothing happens

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding a new account asks for email...then nothing happens: I added a new user acct to Windows 10. It asked for an email address (I entered my Yahoo email address)...and nothing has arrived in my inbox. How does this work? 47779