Windows 10: New email address

Discus and support New email address in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have changed my email address from BTINTERNET.COM to GMAIL.COM and for some reason I am not able to change the Administrator to my new email address.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Gooner1946, Apr 6, 2019.

1. New email address

I have changed my email address from BTINTERNET.COM to GMAIL.COM and for some reason I am not able to change the Administrator to my new email address. And I cannot delete my old BTinternet email address from my account. I assume the re-occurring yearly payments keep referring to the old email address that I cannot delete from my Microsoft account. PLEASE HELP!!!

:)

Gooner1946, Apr 6, 2019

2. Changing administrator email address

Hi Nooren,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) How do you access the Windows computer? Do you use Microsoft account or local account?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open PC settings, and click/tap on Accounts on the left side.

• Click/tap on your account on the right side, click/tap on the More account settings online link at the top of the right side.

• If this PC or device is not a trusted device, then you will be prompted to enter and submit a security code sent to your phone or alternate email address.

• In Internet Explorer, or your default web browser, click/tap on the Add or change aliases link under Account aliases.

• Click/tap on Rename under your (primary alias).

• Click/tap on Yes, rename my primary alias.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account with your new email address and password. You can close the web browser when finished.

• To Create a New Email Address to Use as your Primary Alias

• Select (dot) Create a new email address as your primary alias.

• Select if you want a new hotmail.com, live.com, or outlook.com address.

• Type in a name you want, click/tap on Rename primary alias
    9. Click/tap on OK.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Transitioning from an existing email address to a new email address

Hi Joni,

To help us determine a way of transitioning from an existing email address to a new email address and to isolate your concern, we'd like to ask additional information below:

• What's the domain name of your email address?
    • Are you trying to transfer emails, contacts, calendar events/appointments and notes?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Louie Del, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Sam Vimes Win User

New email address

Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions

I'm not a big fan of the MS Mail program and don't really use it for serious stuff but somehow or other if I create a new email then as I start to enter the recipients address a whole load of suggestions will appear. I don't have any contacts in the People app so I'm not sure where these come from.

The question is how can I clear this list so that I no longer get the suggestions?

Thanks

Sam Vimes, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

New email address

1. New email address - Similar Threads - email address

2. my pc is asking for a an email address and password as other user while am a local user how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc is asking for a an email address and password as other user while am a local user how...: My product is a dell laptop service code is CYF9693 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-asking-for-a-an-email-address-and/f9d56cfc-85c4-463f-8fe9-bff459ba9a1d
  3. my pc is asking for a an email address and password as other user while am a local user how...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc is asking for a an email address and password as other user while am a local user how...: My product is a dell laptop service code is CYF9693 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-asking-for-a-an-email-address-and/f9d56cfc-85c4-463f-8fe9-bff459ba9a1d
  4. my pc is asking for a an email address and password as other user while am a local user how...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Trying to update my email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to update my email address: I am trying to change the email address on my account. When I try and register my outlook.com email address as an alias it says that it is already in use and will not let me add it. How do I fix this?...
  6. Trying to update my email address

Trying to update my email address: I am trying to change the email address on my account. When I try and register my outlook.com email address as an alias it says that it is already in use and will not let me add it. How do I fix this?...
  7. Trying to update my email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. email address no longer valid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    email address no longer valid: I registered *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and microsoft advises it no longer recongizes this account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address-no-longer-valid/c573e24f-38c0-45b0-9d55-e4c8877d15e8
  9. email address no longer valid

email address no longer valid: I registered *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and microsoft advises it no longer recongizes this account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address-no-longer-valid/c573e24f-38c0-45b0-9d55-e4c8877d15e8
  10. Email address change for kids account.

Email address change for kids account.: We recently purchased a desktop for my kids homework. Currently I have a family account and they have used it primarily for an xbox. One have my kids uses his account with an old email address that they all used to share. Now that he is a bit older he has his own email. Can I...