Windows 10: New email sound alert

Discus and support New email sound alert in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to hear a sound alert when a new email arrives, as I used to, but it doesn't work with Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by e3LEOPOLD, Aug 15, 2019.

1. e3LEOPOLD Win User

New email sound alert

I would like to hear a sound alert when a new email arrives, as I used to, but it doesn't work with Windows 10

:)

e3LEOPOLD, Aug 15, 2019

2. text message alert sounds?

Hi,

To assist you better please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the phone?

• When you say ‘’cannot find how to set text message alert sounds’’ are you referring to setup a particular sound/alert for the message or there is no sound alert at all when you received the message?
    I also like to inform you that, you cannot setup a different alert sound except the inbuilt sound alert. If you refer to setting up your choice sound alert, I suggest you to provide your valuable suggestion and feedback using feedback app.

Thank you. If you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 15, 2019
  3. e mail alerts

Hello,

Try these steps:

To turn on and turn off email notifications, follow these steps:

• From the Start screen, touch the screen and slide left.
    • Scroll to and tap Settings.
    • Tap ringtones+sounds.
    • Tap manage app sounds.
    • Tap the email account.
    • Tap the Notification sound field.
    • Select the desired alert option.

Smittychat., Aug 15, 2019
  4. Chanh S. Win User

New email sound alert

Email sound alert in Nokia lumia 625

Hi Gilbet,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Support. In regards to your email sound notifications and your Nokia Lumia 625, I'd like to go over a few things and see what we need to do next.

• On the phone, navigate to Settings>Ringtones+Sounds. Do you have the checkbox marked in for "All other notifications"? Additionally, under New email, do you have an alert tone set?
    • When selecting an alert tone for the Email, you can test it out first. Does it play without issues?
    • What is your volume set to on the phone?
    • Do you have issues with any other sound alerts on the phone?
    • Try changing the email alert tone to a random tone. Afterwards, initiate a power cycle of the phone by pressing and holding both the Power Button and Volume Down until the phone restarts. Try then to send a test email to yourself and see if the tone plays.
    Feel free to get back to us when you can and we'll go from there.

Regards,

Chanh S., Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

New email sound alert

1. New email sound alert - Similar Threads - email sound alert

2. Security alert email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security alert email: I received a security alert email that said someone was trying to access my account and urged me to click on a link to recover my account. I need to know if it is legitimate. How do I report it ?...
  3. Security alert email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security alert email: I received a security alert email that said someone was trying to access my account and urged me to click on a link to recover my account. I need to know if it is legitimate. How do I report it ?...
  4. Email alerts !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email alerts !: I have been using the Windows Mailbox/Calendar app for a long time now and think it's great most of the time. Over the last few weeks I have to keep resetting it to make it work correctly. Sometimes the alerts don't work but the main problem is emails waiting ages in the...
  5. Email alerts !

Email alerts !: I have been using the Windows Mailbox/Calendar app for a long time now and think it's great most of the time. Over the last few weeks I have to keep resetting it to make it work correctly. Sometimes the alerts don't work but the main problem is emails waiting ages in the...
  6. Annoying alert sounds

Annoying alert sounds: I sometimes get bugged by recurring alert sounds with no indication of what is causing them. Is there a way to find out what is causing these sounds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-alert-sounds/e987d981-6b37-45a1-a127-bdb58ea2ed4e
  7. new email alerts

in Windows 10 Customization
    new email alerts: how can I turn off the sound when a new email arrives? I am using Outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-email-alerts/4ffed2b9-7add-4232-b6af-bdde4f92e705
  8. CHANGING NEW MAIL SOUNDS / ALERTS.....

CHANGING NEW MAIL SOUNDS / ALERTS.....: I recently purchased - through Microsoft Store - an app for "sounds" that can be used on the computer for new mail alerts, a smartphone, and others. I had to convert the sound from MP3 to WAV format. I currently use Thunderbird for my email server, and have made the...
  9. Alerts to New Email

Alerts to New Email: When I am working on something it is annoying for the alerts to pop up in the lower right of my screen to tell me some advertiser or other emailer is sending me a msg. How do I turn this feature off?...
  10. Email Alert

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Email Alert: I wasn't sure where to post this , so I posing it here. I want to warn everyone of a email I received today. I got a email saying my PayPal account was being limited because of some violations. It also contained a file that I was supposed to open to confirm my identity. I do...