Windows 10: New empty folders on desktop contain my directory links HELP!

Discus and support New empty folders on desktop contain my directory links HELP! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I open a new folder on my desktop Windows 10, I open it for the first time and it contains my shortcuts to my directories and folders - the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Douguitar, May 5, 2021.

1. Douguitar Win User

New empty folders on desktop contain my directory links HELP!

When I open a new folder on my desktop Windows 10, I open it for the first time and it contains my shortcuts to my directories and folders - the same as when I open the short cut I have to open my directory. Not only that, but ALL folders on my desktop now contain the same directory, at the left side of the folder. I have tried a virus scan and a reset but it still happens. What is going on?Thank you!

:)

Douguitar, May 5, 2021
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, May 5, 2021
  3. slozomby Win User
    I need help on how to transfer Firefox cookies to another OS

Cookies are stored in the cookies.sqlite file in the Firefox profile folder.

You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:

• Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Open Containing Folder

slozomby, May 5, 2021
  4. New empty folders on desktop contain my directory links HELP!

Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.3

Change Log v1.3
    • Resolved an issue where resizing caused the "Directory Size Utility" to crash. - Thanks Drone!
    • New button Icons.
    • New high resolution icon for the Directory Size Utility.
    • New Delete folder button.
    • New right click menu item("Delete folder") for folder list.
    • New Export to Excel button.
    • Renamed "Get folder..." to "Add folder..."
    • Clicking "Directory Size Utility" name in the about window will take you to the home web page.
    Download here!

Spoiler: New Screen Shot Main Screen

New empty folders on desktop contain my directory links HELP! Main.jpg

Mindweaver, May 5, 2021
Thema:

New empty folders on desktop contain my directory links HELP!

1. New empty folders on desktop contain my directory links HELP! - Similar Threads - empty folders desktop

2. My recommended folder is empty in my home directory of windows explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My recommended folder is empty in my home directory of windows explorer.: I am not sure what happened but at the momment there is no quick access menu when i open Home in windows explorer. I cannot see any folders that are ususally there like downloads music documents etc. and my favorites is also empty, I have tried multiple things like resetting...
  3. My recommended folder is empty in my home directory of windows explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My recommended folder is empty in my home directory of windows explorer.: I am not sure what happened but at the momment there is no quick access menu when i open Home in windows explorer. I cannot see any folders that are ususally there like downloads music documents etc. and my favorites is also empty, I have tried multiple things like resetting...
  4. Identify empty folders in Windows directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Identify empty folders in Windows directory: Hello,As Windows 10 et 11 users, is there a way to designate empty folders in a Windows Explorer as "hidden" such that they are ghosted, depending on preference? A colouring scheme for empty folders would also work or any *It looks like it does not exist because this question...
  5. Identify empty folders in Windows directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Identify empty folders in Windows directory: Hello,As Windows 10 et 11 users, is there a way to designate empty folders in a Windows Explorer as "hidden" such that they are ghosted, depending on preference? A colouring scheme for empty folders would also work or any *It looks like it does not exist because this question...
  6. What folder contains the links that appear in the "Links" toolbar?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What folder contains the links that appear in the "Links" toolbar?: That pretty much says it all. I have a folder on my desktop for Web Links, just pages I've saved to read later. I would like to transfer them to the toolbar named "Links" that appears on my Taskbar. I went through the File Explorer and under C:\Users\, found a folder named...
  7. Empty folder on Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Empty folder on Desktop: For some reason, a folder called "Moba" keeps appearing on my desktop. It is empty but every few days it appears out of nowhere. Anyway to track which programme is creating this? I am running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 (Build 19042.746). Thanks https://imgur.com/a/sSSkfjz...
  8. Empty folder on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Empty folder on desktop: I just had an empty folder titled "removeable storage devices" appear on my desktop. I have no idea where it came from. I cannot delete it. Can anybody tell me what it is or why it appeared?...
  9. Desktop empty but there are files in the folder?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop empty but there are files in the folder?: So my father has the problem that nothing is displayed on the desktop of his laptop. Even after he reboots. In the files folder under the desktop, the files that are no longer visible are stored normally. Whatever he changed, how do you fix it? It's a Windows 10 laptop if...
  10. .chk extension on containing folder only & System32 Directory

in Windows 10 Support
    .chk extension on containing folder only & System32 Directory: Hi there, Whilst looking for winload.efi (crashed pc due to a power surge coming out of hibernation). I found it in a directory (found.000>...) which results from checkdisk placing corrupt etc files in. But ... the only thing with a .chk extension is a another...