Windows 10: New entries in Device Manager

Discus and support New entries in Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have never seen these entries before. Previous installation didn't have them. Only thing I can think of is my NAS box although that's in the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by swarfega, Aug 2, 2016.

1. swarfega Win User

New entries in Device Manager

I have never seen these entries before. Previous installation didn't have them. Only thing I can think of is my NAS box although that's in the other room.

New entries in Device Manager [​IMG]

:)

swarfega, Aug 2, 2016

2. device manager portable devices has |:\ as an entry

Hi,

Make a Restore Point - then Right Click on that device in Device Manager and Uninstall - then reboot.

If needed then re-install the "possible" device driver for whatever appears there after the reboot.

-----------------------------------------

Troubleshoot blue screen errors <-- check this!!!

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

We can analyze the minidumps if you make them available from the

OneDrive or other file sharing sites (such as MediaFire).
    If you have

problems uploading the minidumps copy them to the Desktop or the

Documents folder and upload them from there.

Adding files to your OneDrive

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/getting-started-onedrive-tutorial

Upload photos and files

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/add-photos-files

One-Drive - Share files and folders and change permissions

Share OneDrive files and folders

Zip or upload the contents of C:\Windows\minidump

Use OneDrive to upload collected files

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

=====================================================

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

BCCode: 1E 0x0000001E

Remove ALL power and reseat all the cards, memory, and cables (both ends when

possible)
    - actually remove and replace - do not just snug. Those are for a PC and about all that can be done for a laptop is reseat the memory and clear the vents. Make sure the BIOS, low level chipset drivers, and major device drivers are all up
    to date by checking manually at the makers' sites.

BCCode: 1E 0x0000001E

BCCode: 1E 0x0000001E <-- read this link

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This utility makes it easy to see which versions are loaded :

Run DriverView - set VIEW to Hide Microsoft drivers - update those without

Dump in their names (and update BIOS and chipset).

DriverView - Free - utility displays the list of all device drivers currently loaded

on your system. For each driver in the list, additional useful information is

displayed: load address of the driver, description, version, product name,

company that created the driver, and more.

DriverView: Loaded Windows Drivers List

For Drivers check System Maker as fallbacks and Device Maker's which are the

most current. Control Panel - Device Manager - Display Adapter - write down

the make and complete model of your video adapter - double click - Driver's

tab - write down the version info. Now click UPdate Driver (this may not do

anything as MS is far behind certifying drivers) - then Right Click - Uninstall -

REBOOT this will refresh the driver stack.

Repeat that for Network - Network Card (NIC), Wifi, Sound, Mouse and Keyboard

if 3rd party with their own software and drivers and any other major device drivers

you have.

Now go to System Maker's site (Dell, HP, Toshiba as examples) (as rollback) and

then Device Maker's site (Realtek, Intel, Nvidia, ATI as examples) and get their

latest versions. (Look for BIOS, Chipset, and software updates at System Maker's

site while there.)

Download - SAVE - go to where you put them - Right Click - RUN AD ADMIN -

REBOOT after each installation.

Always check in Device Manager - Drivers tab to be sure the version you are

installing actually shows up. This is because some drivers rollback before the

latest is installed (sound drivers particularly do this) so install a driver - reboot

- check to be sure it is installed and repeat as needed.

Repeat at Device Makers - BTW at Device Makers DO NOT RUN THEIR SCANNER -

heck manually by model.

Manually look at manufacturer's sites for drivers - and Device Maker's sites.

How to Find and Download Drivers

====================================================

Memory tests do not catch all errors such as mismatched memory (possible even

for sticks that appear to be identical) and when faster memory is placed in system

behind slower memory. So it is best to also swap sticks in and out to check for

those even if all memory tests fail to show a problem.

To test RAM check here - let it run 4+ hours or so. <-- best method

www.memtest.org

MemTestX86 - Test RAM With

MemTest86+ - Test RAM

For the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Type in Cortana's search box -> Windows Memory Diagnostics

at top of list - click it. in Windows 8/8.1/10 the name is "Windows Memory

Diagnostic".

================================================

After doing ALL the updates you can, and if the issue continues, then run

DriverVerifier.

Driver Verifier can help find some BSOD issues :

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617

How To Troubleshoot Driver Problems in Windows Vista or 7. (8/8.1 and 10

are essentially the same).

Driver Verifier Manager & Device Manager in Windows

Using Driver Verifier

Driver Verifier

WINKEY + X - RUN - type in -> verifier /reset hit enter to disable

Use BlueScreenView to see if there is a driver specified in the error message.

Also check with MyEventViewer at the time of the BlueScreen.

If DriverVerifier creates a minidump upload it and post the link here so we can

analyze it.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Aug 2, 2016
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    device manager portable devices has |:\ as an entry

Hi Gregory,

Just to verify, does a blue screen error occur when this error message appear? We'll need more information and further assessment before we can conclude what this error message tells us.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Aug 2, 2016
  4. aardvark Win User

Yep, I have all of them on my laptop (all the WAN ones are hidden). Must have something to do with my wireless adapter(s). None on my desktop.

aardvark, Aug 2, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    I'm on a desktop though.

swarfega, Aug 3, 2016
  6. aardvark Win User
    I saw that but do you have any type of wireless connectivity (such as a usb wireless adapter, etc)?

aardvark, Aug 3, 2016
  7. swarfega Win User
    No, I'm connected via a gigabit powerline adaptor.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New entries in Device Manager - Similar Threads - entries Device Manager

2. Duplicate Entries of Drivers in Device Manager in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Entries of Drivers in Device Manager in Windows 11: Greetings.I am facing an issue when I connect my 2nd display touch cable to my HP Laptop. it generating duplicate entries in DM. and the mouse curser not working properly it moving and disappearing. I tried with different cable but problem still persists. when I unplug the...
  3. Duplicate Entries of Drivers in Device Manager in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate Entries of Drivers in Device Manager in Windows 11: Greetings.I am facing an issue when I connect my 2nd display touch cable to my HP Laptop. it generating duplicate entries in DM. and the mouse curser not working properly it moving and disappearing. I tried with different cable but problem still persists. when I unplug the...
  4. Duplicate entries in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate entries in Device Manager: Jeff here... I run a new PC computer with Windows 10 Pro. Under Device Manager there are many devices that have duplicate entries. The duplicates use different usb designation number ie "usb 1" "usb 2" I have read multiple "QUESTIONS" previously asked here and none of...
  5. No Bluetooth Entry in Device Manager

No Bluetooth Entry in Device Manager: Greetings, I recently built a new system (MSI B450 Tomahawk, Windows 10 from MS Store). In trying to run a bluetooth headset to connect to the new system so that I can listen to podcasts and what have you over the headset, there's no Bluetooth entry in the Device Manager,...
  6. Duplicate entries in Device Manager

Duplicate entries in Device Manager: Hello, I believe this is my first time posting. I have looked up this matter, and I have read a few things. A lot of them are from 2015, or earlier. And maybe from sites that I am not sure I can trust. So, I came here to try to get the most accurate and up to date info. I...
  7. No sound. Realtek entry is missing from Device Manager

No sound. Realtek entry is missing from Device Manager: I have Asus ROG Trix with Win 10 Pro 64-bit, version 1803. Yesterday at shutdown, I had sound from various sources - for example, YouTube. Today I have no sound from any source. When I looked in Device Manager, the entry for Realtek has disappeared. That entry was present...
  8. No sound. Realtek entry is missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    No sound. Realtek entry is missing from Device Manager: I have Asus ROG Trix with Win 10 Pro 64-bit, version 1803. Yesterday at shutdown, I had sound from various sources - for example, YouTube. Today I have no sound from any source. When I looked in Device Manager, the entry for Realtek has disappeared. That entry was present...
  9. Multiple entries in Device Manager

Multiple entries in Device Manager: Hello. I have installed Win10 on an old Toshiba Satellite laptop (model A100-497) and I've got this. There are multiple instances in Device Manager mostly with error 12 (not enough resources). [img] Any ideas on how to fix this? Tried looking for a BIOS...
  10. Device Manager "other" entries

Device Manager "other" entries: After a fresh W10 1703 fully updated install on a 3148 Inspiron laptop, four OTHER DEVICES appear in Device Manager: PCI Data Aqquisition and Signal Processing Controller and three 'unknown devices.' "Drivers not installed; no compatible driver can be found." Prior to this...