Windows 10: New/existing user login and logout right away - can't log into user account

Discus and support New/existing user login and logout right away - can't log into user account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good time of the day dear community.I have an issue with Windows 10 Pro 2004 on laptop HP EliteBook 840 G6.I have a local adm account. I'm able to log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OL11, Mar 6, 2022.

1. OL11 Win User

New/existing user login and logout right away - can't log into user account

Good time of the day dear community.I have an issue with Windows 10 Pro 2004 on laptop HP EliteBook 840 G6.I have a local adm account. I'm able to log into this adm account.Plus I have 2 MS accounts on this PC previously added and signed in both by myself.Some time ago a week or so I started having issues with log into both accounts - can not login.When I'm trying to login system shows "Hello" and after few seconds "logout".I'm able to log into both MS accounts through web so passwords are correct.I : * removed both accounts, * rebooted the PC, * added both accounts, * rebooted the PC

:)

OL11, Mar 6, 2022

2. Unable to logout and login on Windows 10 user accounts.

The question and their answers are as follows:

• many user accounts do you have on the computer?

Two accounts: One main account and one guest account
    • Do you not find the options to login and logout of all the user accounts?

No
    • Are you facing the above issue since upgrading to Windows 10?

I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 preloaded
    • Which is the current build running on the computer?

I do not know how to get this information. I am running Windows 10 Home edition and the latest version is installed, The last info I see for automatic update is:
      Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3172985)

I am a novice user!

Thanks

KiritLathia, Mar 6, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Cannot Login with New User Account in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

• What exactly happens when you try to login with new user account?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to Enable
    the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, and then try to create new user account and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check whether your able to login to windows or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Mar 6, 2022
  4. canadajob Win User

Windows 7 - automatic force logout the user after specific session time (even if user is active)

Hi,

I am looking for a way to force logout a user after 1 hour of computer usage. This will need to happen even if user is active.

It will be good to have some kind of message pop up on screen 5 minutes before the logout to indicate the user to save the details.

This is NOT

• idle time log out
    • Auto screen saver after idle time.
    User should be able to login again after entering the password....... and the 1 hour session cycle repeats.

logical steps may be as below.

1. trigger = user login
    2. counter time - time "system time now + 60 minutes"
    3. trigger 1 = (system clock time = counter time - 5 min)
    4. Action - system message ="you have 5 minutes to save your work. Please save your work to avoid losing it"
    5. trigger 2 = (system clock time = counter time )
    6. Action - Execute logout.exe
    I am not programmer and hence the steps mentioned above may not be accurate.

Please help either by guiding me to some of existing ready solutions available in market or a simple code (like time out counter).

Thanks

canadajob, Mar 6, 2022
Thema:

1. New/existing user login and logout right away - can't log into user account - Similar Threads - existing user login

2. Windows tries to login with wrong user non-existing account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows tries to login with wrong user non-existing account: Hello all,I'm facing a strange problem.I have only one local account "ViVa" and I think I should login only with this user, right?But when I start windows it wants to login with the user Vadym.Can anybody please advise how to get rid of the user "Vadym" login!Thanks in...
  3. How do I log into an account, which is a user, but a user account does not exist?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I log into an account, which is a user, but a user account does not exist?: Before using my Microsoft, account and pin I used to use a username. The username I used is Rickw. Even though I now use the new and improved name I am finding Rickw is still on my PC and has information in it. For instance, I have a download folder that has info in it If I...
  4. How do I log into an account, which is a user, but a user account does not exist?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I log into an account, which is a user, but a user account does not exist?: Before using my Microsoft, account and pin I used to use a username. The username I used is Rickw. Even though I now use the new and improved name I am finding Rickw is still on my PC and has information in it. For instance, I have a download folder that has info in it If I...
  5. New/existing user login and logout right away - can't log into user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New/existing user login and logout right away - can't log into user account: Good time of the day dear community.I have an issue with Windows 10 Pro 2004 on laptop HP EliteBook 840 G6.I have a local adm account. I'm able to log into this adm account.Plus I have 2 MS accounts on this PC previously added and signed in both by myself.Some time ago a week...
  6. New/existing user login and logout right away - can't log into user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New/existing user login and logout right away - can't log into user account: Good time of the day dear community.I have an issue with Windows 10 Pro 2004 on laptop HP EliteBook 840 G6.I have a local adm account. I'm able to log into this adm account.Plus I have 2 MS accounts on this PC previously added and signed in both by myself.Some time ago a week...
  7. Can't login in user

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't login in user: Today I tried to turn on my computer and the error "the user profile service failed the sign-in" popped up. So after looking for solutions, all of these said that I should enter in safe mode. The problem is that I can't even enter in safe mode, it loads for about 15 minutes...
  8. How to logout of user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to logout of user: so i just got a new cpu mobo ram setup and did a fresh install of windows on a new m.2 ssd but instead of logging onto my old account i logged into new account when doing the install now im stuck on this account and i need to go back to the old one to do stuff on this pc need...
  9. can't create new user account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't create new user account: win 10 installed on a cow chip labeled ASUS. I can't create a new account. Only have one admin account, The tab to create a new user is missing. Tried to create one through Settings. Get message the snapin cannot be used. All this started when I tried to give read only rights...
  10. can't log into new user accounts -- and there is no "default user"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    can't log into new user accounts -- and there is no "default user": when I create a new user account I can't log into it error: profSvc service failed I saw posts about changing something in C;/Users/Default User But I don't seem to have such a folder. I defined view settings to show hidden files and also system files, but I don't see...