Windows 10: "New External Device Detected". ?

Discus and support "New External Device Detected". ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, First, what a great Forum. I'd be lost without you folks, for sure. When I plug in (via usb) a software defined radio, and for other gadgets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Robert11 Win User

"New External Device Detected". ?

Hello,

First, what a great Forum.
    I'd be lost without you folks, for sure.

When I plug in (via usb) a software defined radio, and for other gadgets also, a screen
    pops up with "New External Device Detected".

Really annoying.

I can slide/move the icon of the new device that was
    detected to under the Mac icon, or to under the Windows icon.

Then, after waiting quite a while, usually, the screen goes away, and the device that
    I have just connected works. Sometimes, I can't get rid of it.

Do I have to live with this screen ?

Are my only options to just slide the device icon to underneath the
    Mac or Windows icon, and wait, wait,...

And, there is an "ALT" button to, apparently select the device, or,...?
    Doesn't seem to do anything.

Might someone walk me thru how to handle this, please. (and for the ALT button)

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Jun 19, 2018

2. usb external harddrive is not detected

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

• Have you allocated drive letter for the external drive?
    • Do you get any prompt when you connect the external drive to your PC?
    • Is the external device getting detected under disk manager?

You will be able to view the contents of drives if you have allocated a drive name/letter. If you do not allocate a name/letter and if you try to view it on the PC, it will not be visible.

Connect the external device to the PC and follow the steps below to check if the external drive is getting detected:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows Key + R, type
      diskmgmt.msc and press Enter.
    • Check if the external device is detected in this window.
    • If the device is detected as unallocated, right click on the external drive and select
      New Simple Volume option. Follow the onscreen instructions where-in, in one of the page you will be asked to select a drive letter.
    • Assign a drive letter and check if you are able to access the contents of the drive.

Write back to us with the answers to the above questions and status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 19, 2018
  3. ldybozz Win User
    usb external harddrive is not detected

Have the same issue. But when I right click the options are grey only PROPERTIES and HELP are available. No drive letter is listed. It shows a white arrow going down inside a red circle next to DISK 1

UNKNOWN

931.51 GB

NOT INITIALIZED with a box next to that w/a black stripped header

ldybozz, Jun 19, 2018
  4. "New External Device Detected". ?

External microphones detected but not working

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with External microphone. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to run a Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Search for Troubleshooting in the
      Search box
      , and run it.
    • Select view all in the left pane of troubleshooting Window.
    • Click on the Hardware and Devices, and follow the
      on-screen instructions.

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with external microphone. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Jun 19, 2018
Thema:

"New External Device Detected". ?

1. "New External Device Detected". ? - Similar Threads - External Device Detected

2. External Speakers Not Detected As Separated Playback Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Speakers Not Detected As Separated Playback Device: I'm having a problem where 1 of my laptop's internal speakers is broken and making static noises. The only way I found to make the noise disappear is by muting the speakers through the sound settings.So I thought if I'm using a pair of external speakers, I can just mute the...
  3. External Speakers Not Detected As Separated Playback Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Speakers Not Detected As Separated Playback Device: I'm having a problem where 1 of my laptop's internal speakers is broken and making static noises. The only way I found to make the noise disappear is by muting the speakers through the sound settings.So I thought if I'm using a pair of external speakers, I can just mute the...
  4. External Speakers Not Detected As Separated Playback Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My laptop won't 'detect' a new device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't 'detect' a new device: Hi, I recently got a new graphic tablet but the screen stays black event if the pen does work. So I tried everything all cables works and are well plugged in, no problem with the driver but the problem seems to be my computer. I tried to go in the devices and to 'detect' a...
  6. My laptop won't 'detect' a new device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop won't 'detect' a new device: Hi, I recently got a new graphic tablet but the screen stays black event if the pen does work. So I tried everything all cables works and are well plugged in, no problem with the driver but the problem seems to be my computer. I tried to go in the devices and to 'detect' a...
  7. External audio device detected when no audio device is plugged

External audio device detected when no audio device is plugged: My pc detects audio device when no audio device is plugged.I have not plugged any audio device but there is speaker in playback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-audio-device-detected-when-no-audio/1e426f44-a7eb-478f-a523-2eb923a2eb12
  8. External Storage Isn't Detected by New Laptop

External Storage Isn't Detected by New Laptop: I just got a new Windows Laptop, HP, and it doesn't detect my external storage device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-storage-isnt-detected-by-new-laptop/ea1d80a8-a40d-457a-b1e0-8e261b080239
  9. "No New External Device Detected"?

"No New External Device Detected"?: Hello, First, what a great Forum. I'd be lost without you folks, for sure. When I plug in (via usb) a software defined radio, and for other gadgets also, a screen pops up with "New External Device Detected". Really annoying. I can slide/move the icon of the new device...
  10. External monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External monitor not detected: Hi, I have a Lenovo laptop Yoga 2 11. I was running windows 8 with an external HDMI monitor in the office. When I upgraded to Windows 10, I plug and unplug the external monitor and it is not detected by the operating system, only one display is shown- However if I run the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new external device connected error