Windows 10: New external monitor for laptop: "Duplicate display" looks normal, but "extended display"...

Discus and support New external monitor for laptop: "Duplicate display" looks normal, but "extended display"... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; New monitor is a Samsung UJ59, connected to a Lenovo using the HDMI port. Laptop has two graphics cards: built-in Intel 530, and an Nvidia Quadro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MashTunOfFun, Oct 5, 2020.

1. New external monitor for laptop: "Duplicate display" looks normal, but "extended display"...

New monitor is a Samsung UJ59, connected to a Lenovo using the HDMI port. Laptop has two graphics cards: built-in Intel 530, and an Nvidia Quadro m1000m. Extended Display was working fine for a while until I tried to change the resolution-- that's when the colors went bad. I tried to revert settings, and the resolution went back to what it was before, but the colors are still bad. Again, this is only when using extended display. Any ideas how I can fix this?

submitted by /u/MashTunOfFun
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MashTunOfFun, Oct 5, 2020

2. Duplicate Display on an external monitor & a projector

Yes, I can extend separate screens to both external monitors, and still keep the desktop on my laptop screen.

However, I cannot duplicate the display on the two external monitors.

KenSleeman, Oct 5, 2020
  3. br4to92 Win User
    How to stop automatic duplicate/extend displays

Hello all! I'm using my Windows 10 laptop with a secondary external monitor which i want to use as a display, without the laptop's built-in display. The problem is, despite i set to show the image only on the secondary (external) monitor, after each restart or after i close the laptop's lid, it reverts to duplicating the image (or extends it, if select extend inside of duplicate). How can i stop this?? I have to manually reselect to show the image on the 2nd display only. Thanks!

New external monitor for laptop: "Duplicate display" looks normal, but "extended display"... [​IMG]

br4to92, Oct 5, 2020
  4. New external monitor for laptop: "Duplicate display" looks normal, but "extended display"...

Displaying on monitor with lower resolution looks bad if not using "extend these displays" option

My laptop has a 1920x1080 screen, but it has screen flickering issues. Until I can get it repaired, I want to use an external monitor, which has a 1366x768 resolution. The issue is that when I set the monitor's resolution to 1366x768 and select the "Show
    only on 2" option (or the duplicate images one), the image quality becomes horrible. This doesn't happen with the "Extend these displays" option. Changing the laptop's resolution from 1920x1080 to 1366x768 doesn't help. I don't know why this happens on Windows
    10, as duplicating the display works just fine on Ubuntu.

I don't want to use the extend displays option because my cursor will move to a screen I'm not using when tiling windows and my desktop icons only show up on the laptop's screen.

Tomé Carvalho, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

New external monitor for laptop: "Duplicate display" looks normal, but "extended display"...

1. New external monitor for laptop: "Duplicate display" looks normal, but "extended display"... - Similar Threads - external monitor laptop

2. Duplicate to extend multiple display control.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate to extend multiple display control.: When I switch from duplicate to extend with multiple displays, how can I control which screen automatically shows what was previously on the duplicated screen?...
  3. Duplicate to extend multiple display control.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate to extend multiple display control.: When I switch from duplicate to extend with multiple displays, how can I control which screen automatically shows what was previously on the duplicated screen?...
  4. Extending Monitor Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extending Monitor Display: I am using a television as a second monitor, but when I extend the display, it gives me a "not supported" box. The main monitor however is fine, but all the windows and icons disappear, and I am left with only the taskbar on the screen as if my main monitor has become the...
  5. Extending Monitor Display

Extending Monitor Display: I am using a television as a second monitor, but when I extend the display, it gives me a "not supported" box. The main monitor however is fine, but all the windows and icons disappear, and I am left with only the taskbar on the screen as if my main monitor has become the...
  6. Must duplicate display before extending

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Must duplicate display before extending: After a graphics driver update about a month ago some of my display settings are not working properly, mainly that sometimes my computer will snap out of extending to both my monitors for a number of reasons and in order to get it back I have to first select duplicate,...
  7. Must duplicate display before extending

Must duplicate display before extending: After a graphics driver update about a month ago some of my display settings are not working properly, mainly that sometimes my computer will snap out of extending to both my monitors for a number of reasons and in order to get it back I have to first select duplicate,...
  8. Displaying on monitor with lower resolution looks bad if not using "extend these displays"...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Displaying on monitor with lower resolution looks bad if not using "extend these displays"...: My laptop has a 1920x1080 screen, but it has screen flickering issues. Until I can get it repaired, I want to use an external monitor, which has a 1366x768 resolution. The issue is that when I set the monitor's resolution to 1366x768 and select the "Show only on 2" option or...
  9. Monitor Issues, Windows displays on Monitor 1 or Monitor 2 but will not extend or duplicate...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Issues, Windows displays on Monitor 1 or Monitor 2 but will not extend or duplicate...: When first turning on the computer, the motherboard screen and windows loading screen appears on both monitors, then when signing into Windows it reverts to only showing on monitor 1. After signing in I simply extend the screen using Windows + P and through display settings....
  10. Duplicate monitor display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate monitor display: 1. Since recently being upgrade to WIN 10 1803 I am unable to show both monitor screens. What are the steps to getting both monitors to show? 2. I was also at a user's screen and tried to get the mouse cursor to go forward to one monitor to the other without the cursor...