Windows 10: New facebook update?

Discus and support New facebook update? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; One of our PCs has received a new facebook update through store for version 71.664.57956.0 whilst our main machine is not getting offered it. Is anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Nov 10, 2016.

1. New facebook update?

One of our PCs has received a new facebook update through store for version 71.664.57956.0 whilst our main machine is not getting offered it. Is anyone else seeing an app update come through? Seems strange that our other machine remains on the older version 69.651.21211.0

:)

Scottyboy99, Nov 10, 2016

2. Birthday's on Facebook app won't sync with Lumia Calendar

hiii , i am done 2 times uninstall and re-install,but birthdays are not sync in calendar with new Facebook app.

this is the new Facebook app link-https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/store/p/facebook/9wzdncrfj2wl

Shubhasish Das, Nov 10, 2016
  3. facebook contacts are not updated in peoples hub.

Whenever i add a new facebook friend from the website . my peoples hub doesnt updates the new facebook contact and i cant even find a setting related to this anywhere and how to even update manually. And i also wanted to know is there any option on the
    windows phone to see facebook friends request..As facebook is well integrated as all notification are updated well but we cant see who has send a friend request..Is there a solution to this??? plz help

thnks
    regards,
    puranjay

puranjaykumar, Nov 10, 2016
  4. New facebook update?

Hi:

I do not use that app.
    However, MS -- like all other software companies -- releases software updates and patches to a portion of users at a time.
    In other words, the entire world does not get updates all at once.
    Just because you have more than one computer in your household does not mean they will get updates at the same time, either.
    This gradual release is called "throttling".
    It's done both to balance server load and to watch for problems that may necessitate (for example) pulling a particular update.

It's nothing to worry about.

MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 10, 2016
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    @Scottyboy99, you can always go to the Store, Downloads and Updates, Check for Updates. That may get you the update quicker than waiting in line.

f14tomcat, Nov 10, 2016
  6. Yes thank you. I'd already been doing that. I have auto updates of apps turned off so it's always a manual check. Unfortunately the update wasn't being offered on one PC, they both found app updates for camera and Mail & calendar but Facebook was only in the list on one machine and not the other. Maybe MM is right, I'll try again later. I just wanted to get the update done and dusted whilst the machine was on

Scottyboy99, Nov 10, 2016
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    Scotty, if it wasn't in the list (Downloads and Updates), check "My Library". If not there, search for it and install it again. It may be "stuck".

f14tomcat, Nov 11, 2016
  8. New facebook update?

Thanks again. It's in my library. The issue is purely when doing a manual check for updates the new version isn't being offered for download. I can't see anything stuck. I still have the app in my start menu and it launches just fine. If I go to store and search for update the box says 'launch'. It just baffled me that one machine gets the update and the other is not yet finding it, so each machine is now running a different version of the app. Hopefully MM is right and sometimes app updates do not get offered all at the same time. As I'm thinking about it I'm sure some time ago I got a onenote update on one machine and not the other despite regular manual checks for updates. It didn't eventually show up on the other machine a day or two later. So I guess it does happen albeit rarely. It's just frustrating as I have just checked again and it still isn't offering. Just would of been nice to get it done and out of the way. I guess if it doesn't show within a couple days I'll assume it is problem of some kind

Cheers

Scottyboy99, Nov 11, 2016
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    One last trick, if you want to. Uninstall the one you have and re-install from store. Don't know how much setup is required cause I don't use it.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrr........ just wait! *Biggrin

f14tomcat, Nov 11, 2016
  10. I think that's good advice. What I will do is give it 24 hours and if no update becomes visible I will uninstall the app and then re install from the store as suggested

cheers Wayne

11. I got impatient and I uninstalled the app, then re installed the app. Unfortunately it's still showing the as the 'older' version. Seems strange MS is not offering the update to everyone, I can't understand why a small ish app update would put too much strain on servers. Guess I'll need to wait it out

EDIT : now 2 days later and still no new Facebook update being pushed to our main machine. I checked again just now and received an update do mail and calendar app but nothing for Facebook. How can MS take so long to push a small non bandwidth hungry app update to all machines. It seems ridiculous one machine is running an older version to the other

12. I still don't understand this, has anyone else seen the new facebook version? several days later and our main machine is still not getting it. Yet it is happily getting uodates for other apps through the store. I wonder if the facebook update got pulled soon after our second machine got it?

Scottyboy99, Nov 13, 2016
  13. Winuser Win User

New facebook update?

Could it be that the update sees something installed on your computer that is incompatible so it won't download?

Winuser, Nov 14, 2016
  14. f14tomcat Win User
    @Scottyboy99

I don't use the app, but I just went to store and installed it. This is the version I got. Don't know if this helps or adds to the confusion!

New facebook update? [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Nov 14, 2016
  15. Ok thank you. The version you have matched the one on my main PC that is not being offered the newer version. The only logical thing I can think is the version 71 was perhaps temporarily offered and then pulled ! I really appreciate the feedback though and the fact you went to the trouble of installing the app to let me know.

cheers

Scottyboy99, Nov 14, 2016
Thema:

New facebook update?

1. New facebook update? - Similar Threads - facebook update

2. Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please: Hello experts,Help please,I've tried - Troubleshoot Apps - repair and the rest no changeUninstalled restarted Installed fresh from MS Store, no go.I don't use Facebook, just messenger, my FB is disabled I just s messenger allot while i work rather than phone and SMSing and...
  3. Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please: Hello experts,Help please,I've tried - Troubleshoot Apps - repair and the rest no changeUninstalled restarted Installed fresh from MS Store, no go.I don't use Facebook, just messenger, my FB is disabled I just s messenger allot while i work rather than phone and SMSing and...
  4. Can't see pictures or videos on Facebook and Instagram after getting windows security update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't see pictures or videos on Facebook and Instagram after getting windows security update.: I got some kind of windows security update yesterday on my PC and now when I go to Facebook and Instagram the pictures and videos will not show. I can see pictures on Twitter and YouTube and Pinterest. Both Facebook and Instagram seem to take awhile to load now too. I can't...
  5. Can't see pictures or videos on Facebook and Instagram after getting windows security update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see pictures or videos on Facebook and Instagram after getting windows security update.: I got some kind of windows security update yesterday on my PC and now when I go to Facebook and Instagram the pictures and videos will not show. I can see pictures on Twitter and YouTube and Pinterest. Both Facebook and Instagram seem to take awhile to load now too. I can't...
  6. Can't see pictures or videos on Facebook and Instagram after getting windows security update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. After installing Windows 10 update 2020, I am unable to upload pictures/videos to Facebook

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After installing Windows 10 update 2020, I am unable to upload pictures/videos to Facebook: After installing Windows 10 update 2020, I am unable to upload pictures/videos to Facebook. I have never had this problem before. I tried several times....
  8. Pictures no longer attach in Emails, Facebook, Nextdoor, etc. etc? since the new updates??...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures no longer attach in Emails, Facebook, Nextdoor, etc. etc? since the new updates??...: My pictures from my tile have always been able to click and attach to emails, Facebook posts, Nextdoor posts, etc. I can no long attach anything to my documents or sites? New updates have been updating and are done....
  9. Facebook will not load after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Facebook will not load after update: After updating Windows 10 on May 18, I can't connect to Facebook sign-in page. Getting error message: "The page isn't redirecting properly" Does not seem to be a browser problem. Does the same thing on different browsersI use Firefox. Not a facebook problem. Loads just fine...
  10. Updating Windows and Facebook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating Windows and Facebook: Hi, I updated Windows on my pc on Sept. 2 and my Facebook posts are now not visible since Sept. 3. What do I need to do to fix this? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-windows-and-facebook/db98ff80-db7a-4cd7-90ea-329bf7434930

Users found this page by searching for:

1. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/facebook/9wzdncrfj2wl