Windows 10: New facebook update?

Discus and support New facebook update? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ok thank you. The version you have matched the one on my main PC that is not being offered the newer version. The only logical thing I can think is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Nov 10, 2016.

1. f14tomcat Win User

New facebook update?

You're welcome, no bother. At least you know it's not gremlins running amok on your box! *Wink

f14tomcat, Nov 14, 2016

2. Yes thank you. Your right , it wasn't so much that I really bothered what version - it was because I was more worried that the main machine had a problem and wasn't doing what it was supposed to!

Scottyboy99, Nov 14, 2016
  3. Hmmm, saga goes on. The secondary machine received an app update this morning once again for Facebook bringing it to an ever so slightly higher version number. Yet the main PC on manually checking only received updates for Skype preview, calculator, feedback hub but no Facebook. So it still runs the older 69. Version. Just pretty baffled by why it's happening and Facebook updates are not pushed to all machines! It sounds like it's a ms server issue where the Facebook app is not being brought up to date on all their servers but only some

Scottyboy99, Nov 16, 2016
  4. f14tomcat Win User

New facebook update?

Sorry to hear you still have issues with that. I got an update this morning, also.
    New facebook update? [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Nov 16, 2016
  5. Ok thank you. I'll check for app updates again this evening, it is pretty baffling why this one pc picks up every app update going but seems unwilling to grab the new facebook versions. It is strange when you initially downloaded you got the older version and only now got the newer one. Maybe I still need to give it more time to be offered to my main machine.

6. You are not alone
    I am still on 69 version of FB
    Others apps have been updated this morning

I have auto updates on, so will get it when its sent to me

paulsalter, Nov 16, 2016
  7. Thank you Paul - whilst I don't want others to have issues it is reassuring I am not alone. I do tend to PC panic when things don't add up or look right so sometimes a couple of cool heads like yourself and f14tomcat to provide assurance!!!

cheers, Wayne

8. f14tomcat Win User

New facebook update?

Hmmmmm...... appears to be a "wrong side of the Pond" issue.........*chuckle

f14tomcat, Nov 16, 2016
  9. You could be right, but its odd that our little BRIX machine got the update. I sent feedback to Facebook about it but I don't suppose they will respond or do anything. I think the problem is probably more to do with MS not hosting the updated app on all it's servers. I checked again just now manually within store (11 pm UK time) and still nothing coming through on my main machine

Scottyboy99, Nov 17, 2016
  10. Hurrah, finally the facebook update gets offered. Still baffled at the delay but the two PCs now show the same version after nearly two weeks being out of sync!

Scottyboy99, Nov 17, 2016
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    New facebook update? [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

New facebook update?

1. New facebook update? - Similar Threads - facebook update

2. Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please: Hello experts,Help please,I've tried - Troubleshoot Apps - repair and the rest no changeUninstalled restarted Installed fresh from MS Store, no go.I don't use Facebook, just messenger, my FB is disabled I just s messenger allot while i work rather than phone and SMSing and...
  3. Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please: Hello experts,Help please,I've tried - Troubleshoot Apps - repair and the rest no changeUninstalled restarted Installed fresh from MS Store, no go.I don't use Facebook, just messenger, my FB is disabled I just s messenger allot while i work rather than phone and SMSing and...
  4. Can't see pictures or videos on Facebook and Instagram after getting windows security update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't see pictures or videos on Facebook and Instagram after getting windows security update.: I got some kind of windows security update yesterday on my PC and now when I go to Facebook and Instagram the pictures and videos will not show. I can see pictures on Twitter and YouTube and Pinterest. Both Facebook and Instagram seem to take awhile to load now too. I can't...
  5. Can't see pictures or videos on Facebook and Instagram after getting windows security update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see pictures or videos on Facebook and Instagram after getting windows security update.: I got some kind of windows security update yesterday on my PC and now when I go to Facebook and Instagram the pictures and videos will not show. I can see pictures on Twitter and YouTube and Pinterest. Both Facebook and Instagram seem to take awhile to load now too. I can't...
  6. Can't see pictures or videos on Facebook and Instagram after getting windows security update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. After installing Windows 10 update 2020, I am unable to upload pictures/videos to Facebook

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After installing Windows 10 update 2020, I am unable to upload pictures/videos to Facebook: After installing Windows 10 update 2020, I am unable to upload pictures/videos to Facebook. I have never had this problem before. I tried several times....
  8. Pictures no longer attach in Emails, Facebook, Nextdoor, etc. etc? since the new updates??...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures no longer attach in Emails, Facebook, Nextdoor, etc. etc? since the new updates??...: My pictures from my tile have always been able to click and attach to emails, Facebook posts, Nextdoor posts, etc. I can no long attach anything to my documents or sites? New updates have been updating and are done....
  9. Facebook will not load after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Facebook will not load after update: After updating Windows 10 on May 18, I can't connect to Facebook sign-in page. Getting error message: "The page isn't redirecting properly" Does not seem to be a browser problem. Does the same thing on different browsersI use Firefox. Not a facebook problem. Loads just fine...
  10. Updating Windows and Facebook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating Windows and Facebook: Hi, I updated Windows on my pc on Sept. 2 and my Facebook posts are now not visible since Sept. 3. What do I need to do to fix this? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-windows-and-facebook/db98ff80-db7a-4cd7-90ea-329bf7434930