Windows 10: new family profile cannot login

Discus and support new family profile cannot login in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My dad has given me his Windows 10 laptop to use, and at startup I have been using his microsoft profile to log in. I want to set up my own profile. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JacquelineJeffrey72, Jul 14, 2019.

1. new family profile cannot login

My dad has given me his Windows 10 laptop to use, and at startup I have been using his microsoft profile to log in. I want to set up my own profile. I have added myself as a family member, and although now my email address is showing as an option at startup, whenever I try to login, it states password is incorrect. I know the password is correct as I use it to login to microsoft online. Can someone please advise how can I get logged onto laptop in my own name?

Thanks

Jac

:)

JacquelineJeffrey72, Jul 14, 2019
  2. McHenry Win User

Microsoft family features - child profile not working properly

I recently determined that my son's Windows 10 account profile (Windows 10 regular user account linked to his Family/Child Microsoft email account) had become corrupted, as several things were not working correctly under his Windows 10 login (Edge and IE
    were limited to 8MB of internet cache)

I removed the profile, and had him login again, and a new profile was created, resolving the Edge issues, however the Family Features are not active or working. His time limits are not enforced, and my Family settings online at https://account.microsoft.com/family/
    indicate that there is an issue with his account.

"Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family features to work properly."

The resolution steps indicate that I should do the following:

"To fix this:

1. Have your child sign in with their Microsoft account on their device.
    2. Open Microsoft Edge and go to https://aka.ms/familyverify.
    3. Follow the instructions on screen to verify their account."

When I follow the steps and try to go to the URL, Windows 10 attempts to open the Microsoft Store app to look for an app to open MS_WPC

On the same computer, when I go to the same URL, it asks for my live credentials, then updates the Family Features settings.

It seems like windows is not fully linking to his Windows Live account. For his siblings, their accounts show up as their email address until they login, then it resolves to their full name. For the new profile for him, this does not happen. I have removed
    the profile a few times and tried starting over again, but it yields the same result. Any ideas or suggestions?

Perhaps has the default profile become corrupted?

EDIT: He has received notification that his time is up, but when he requests more time, there is an error that indicates there may be an issue with the Internet connection (which there is not).

McHenry, Jul 14, 2019
  3. Microsoft family features - child profile not working properly

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the family features are not working properly on the child account.

• When you say, “I removed the profile, and had him login again”, did you remove the account from the family or from the PC?

Regarding the app issue: Since you receive the message to look for an app from store while accessing the link to fix the child account issue. I suggest you to follow the steps to
    re-register the apps.

1. Press and hold the Windows key + X.
    2. Select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    3. Type the command and hit Enter on the keyboard: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    4. Restart the PC.

In addition, you can also try removing the child account from family and adding it again to the family. Refer the article

Remove members from your family group and
    Add members to your family group.

Regarding the email address on the login page:
    Do you see verify option under accounts in settings?

If you are able to see the verify option under accounts in settings page, I suggest you to try verifying the account and check if that helps.

1. Go to Settings >
      Accounts > Your info.
    2. Under the Email address click on
      Verify.
    3. Enter the code, which will be sent to your
      email address or mobile number.
    4. Click on Next to verify the account.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 14, 2019
  4. new family profile cannot login

Family Safety - add device to child profile

Since this is the case and you have ensured the settings are correctly setup in family Safety, we suggest that you sign in using your main account and remove you child's account from Family Safety list. (Refer to the image below for reference.)

new family profile cannot login 7618e897-2574-4517-80ca-0ef18325dda6.png

After completing the steps, attempt to use the email address of your child to login to the computer and see if the same error message still shows up. If the error no longer shows up, we suggest that you attempt to add the account back then to Family safety.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

new family profile cannot login

1. new family profile cannot login - Similar Threads - family profile cannot

2. Roaming Profile removal causes new profile every login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roaming Profile removal causes new profile every login: I have a weird issue I can't seem to find anywhere else on the web. I inherited an active directory environment that uses roaming profiles. I would like to get rid of them, but when I remove the unc from the profile location, that user happens to alll of the limited number of...
  3. Roaming Profile removal causes new profile every login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roaming Profile removal causes new profile every login: I have a weird issue I can't seem to find anywhere else on the web. I inherited an active directory environment that uses roaming profiles. I would like to get rid of them, but when I remove the unc from the profile location, that user happens to alll of the limited number of...
  4. Roaming Profile removal causes new profile every login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 'User profile cannot be loaded' Error during login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'User profile cannot be loaded' Error during login: I sometimes get a 'User profile cannot be loaded' Error during login. Usually a reboot allows login in the user account. However, sometimes it requires a safe mode login to enable a normal login. The Event Viewer in Application and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > User...
  6. Other profiles cannot Log on Family account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Other profiles cannot Log on Family account: Hi, I am setting up a different account for my daughter as part of a microsoft family account. I can see her profile already in the Family & Other users in settings and it says she can sign in. But when I log on to the computer, it is only my profile that appears. In the...
  7. Family Member cannot login to Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Family Member cannot login to Windows: I just added my husband as a "family member" on a brand new laptop. When I click on Microsoft Edge the window blinks but will not open. Please help!!!! I can open Windows if I am logged in but not my "family member"....
  8. User Service Profile Cannot be Loaded-New profile created

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Service Profile Cannot be Loaded-New profile created: My child is not able to login to his account, received the User Service profile cannot be loaded message. I have performed disk cleanup, restarted laptop numerous, ran in safety mode several times still received same result. Created a brand new profile for my child, restarted...
  9. Cannot Login to Admin Account - Profile Cannot Be Loaded

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Login to Admin Account - Profile Cannot Be Loaded: Hello, I changed the name on the admin account (only me using the Windows 10 Home laptop) and noticed the home directory did not get renamed. So I attempted to create a new account and give it admin rights and change the old account to regular user. When I tried to login as...
  10. Login ERROR: User login failed. Profile cannot be loaded/started.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login ERROR: User login failed. Profile cannot be loaded/started.: Hi Guys, I've recently got an issue with loading profile settings after probably deleting one of the Admin profiles on Windows 10 Home. I can't load: 1. The most important: Built-in Adminstrator profile: Error: " Location/Path...