Windows 10: New feature of nvidia experience "performance" - Strange cpu usage value

Discus and support New feature of nvidia experience "performance" - Strange cpu usage value in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Hp Pavillion with one year or so that i dicided to upgrade the graphics card, a new Gtx 1650 is has far has i can go dued to the limitation of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nmogs, Sep 26, 2020.

1. nmogs Win User

New feature of nvidia experience "performance" - Strange cpu usage value

I have a Hp Pavillion with one year or so that i dicided to upgrade the graphics card, a new Gtx 1650 is has far has i can go dued to the limitation of the 75W, found a issue not related to the topic that windows media feature pack migh had solve it, but runs smootly with no errors at all... with this the new driver of nvidia 456.38 came out with smooth instalation has always... When crossing my eyes a few days later after the update on the new features i thought i might explore it, so i activated the experimental features that resuming are centered on outputing all system resources usage like task manager but with a few more details, since then i have a steady value on the cpu usage with a well known number of computing that is "4294967295", its 4000M times more then the 100% maximum usage, hope this is just a simple buggy that is happening cause it seems the update have several hundreds issues reported... i need to know what to do, if its dangerous or just a wrong number that im giving too much attention...

I might have to refer that windows task manager acts strangely in the first 0.5 seconds, there is always a aplication running that after that short period of time is gone of the list and with this the cpu is in red 100% lowering to a more casual percentage of usage.

:)

nmogs, Sep 26, 2020
  2. kenalbus Win User

Windows 10 CPU usage 100% when Nvidia GPU enabled

I've had the same problem, and have exactly the same GPU model. I was able to set the drivers back to factory default, but any update I've tried (including the most recent) causes the massive cpu usage. I've contacted tech support for both Nvidia and Asus,
    and followed all the steps they suggested, with no luck.

kenalbus, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Windows Shell Experience Host using 35 to 55% of CPU usage on Windows 10

Hi Don,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about CPU utilization by Windows Shell Experience Host, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to end the process from Task Manager and check.

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together to open
      Task Manager

• Go to Processes tab, right-click on the Windows Shell Experience Host process and click
      End Process.

Step 2: Boot the computer in to Safe mode with networking and if the CPU usage is same.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 26, 2020
  4. LemP Win User

HP EliteBook 2530p forced shutdown automatically due to high CPU Usage

High CPU usage -- even 100% CPU usage -- shouldn't in itself cause a shutdown. However, if the computer is running at 100% CPU usage for any significant length of time, particularly if the vents are blocked, either physically or by dust accumulation, the
    CPU is likely to overheat, which will cause a shutdown.

1. Open Task Manager, select the Processes tab, and click the button to "Show processes from all users."
    2. Click "CPU" in the header row once or twice to sort the entries in the order of decreasing CPU usage.
    3. Create the situation where you have 100% CPU usage
    4. List the "Image Name" of the top 5 items in the list together with the indicated CPU usage for each.
    5. As soon as you have noted the values in Step 4, right-click on the top item and select "End Process."; repeat until CPU usage drops to a more reasonable value.
    You should also download one of the following free utilities and monitor the temperature of your CPU and system:

Core Temp
    https://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

HW Monitor
    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

SpeedFan
    http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

HWInfo
    https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

Thema:

1. New feature of nvidia experience "performance" - Strange cpu usage value - Similar Threads - feature nvidia experience

2. incorrect cpu usage values

in Windows 10 Gaming
    incorrect cpu usage values: My pc wasn't like this when I was still on windows 10 it only happened recently as well task manager shows different cpu, memory, and other values incorrect in processes it already doesn't add up didn't happen when i was on windows10 then I checked on users I'm the only one...
  3. incorrect cpu usage values

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    incorrect cpu usage values: My pc wasn't like this when I was still on windows 10 it only happened recently as well task manager shows different cpu, memory, and other values incorrect in processes it already doesn't add up didn't happen when i was on windows10 then I checked on users I'm the only one...
  4. High CPU usage. New Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU usage. New Computer: Edge also runs when it is off with several processes in its drop down menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-cpu-usage-new-computer/5705e266-9d8f-4138-8f27-b309a807abed
  5. Nvidia Geforce Experience Performance Tuning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Geforce Experience Performance Tuning: Hey. This is just a simple doubt. i just made a geforce account, and i saw what great features it has. and i came across performance tuning. It told me it would overclock the gpu a little to boost performance, and fan speeds. Now, i have a laptop, the HP pavilion gaming 15...
  6. Slow performance but low memory and CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow performance but low memory and CPU usage: Hello, I've just recently built a new computer and I'm now running into the problem that Windows is getting really slow like opening the Windows Explorer takes forever while CPU/memory/disk usage is all below 10%. My setup: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x at 4.2GHz w/ a be quiet! Dark...
  7. Strange performance issues

Strange performance issues: For several months i've been having very strange performance issues on my PC. Occasionally, things like video playback and window functionality will freeze, alt-tabbing will no longer work for a period of time [and inputs queue up and fire off once the system returns to...
  8. New Edge doesn't allow Nvidia GeForce Experience's Instant Replay feature to work for games.

New Edge doesn't allow Nvidia GeForce Experience's Instant Replay feature to work for games.: So by elimination, I found out that what's causing my Instant Replay to switch back off as soon as I switch it on, is having Edge opened. For some reason, it only happens when a game is opened (no matter which one) but it seems to work fine on the desktop environment. I...
  9. Nvidia GeForce experience not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia GeForce experience not working: After a recent windows update, Nvidia GeForce experience stopped working. Can anyone help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-geforce-experience-not-working/ea490ae1-61db-4358-abbc-a586ffef4d2a
  10. Strange CPU usage patterns

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange CPU usage patterns: Hi, I have a Dell upgraded from Win7 to Win10 recently. The fan is running unusually frequently after the upgrade, and when I look at task manager, I'm seeing something strange: Usually there is several processes with relatively high CPU usage, but they all have the same...