Windows 10: New features and improvements coming to Windows 10

Discus and support New features and improvements coming to Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] During the Microsoft 2015 Build conference, Joe Belfiore took the stage to talk about how developers can easily build apps and take advantage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 1, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

New features and improvements coming to Windows 10

Read more: http://www.windowscentral.com/new-fe...ing-windows-10

Brink, May 1, 2015
  2. Winuser Win User

From what I read, I can do without Cortana and Edge. I'm not going to be happy with the changes to the start menu. Hopefully Classic Shell will continue to work in 10.

:)

Winuser, May 1, 2015
  3. wi-fi network connection problem

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us.

Since, Windows 10 is a new operating system Windows will frequently rollout Windows updates with new features to enhance and improve the performance of the operating system.

Thank you. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, May 1, 2015
  4. New features and improvements coming to Windows 10

Windows 10 Creators

While its called the "Creators Update" because we added many great new features for creators and gamers, there are also a lot of improvements for everyone else; improvements to security, privacy, reliability as well as improvements to many of the apps
    that come with Windows like Edge. It's not just for creators. New features and improvements coming to Windows 10 :)

Paul Aaron, May 1, 2015
  5. kenC Win User
    Five good reasons for me to stick with W7

"For discovery and engagement, Microsoft will add a "Suggested" list, which will deliver smart suggestions of apps from the Windows Store if after a while you haven't installed any apps. You can also notice that the app tile also provides star rating and pricing information for a particular app."

"As the system learns your behavior using and installing apps, the Suggested list will become the "Recently added" list of apps. And when the users use the app enough, the apps will then get listed in the "Most used" list."

"Microsoft's Belfiore also noted that with these new tweaks, the Start menu is pretty much a final product. As such, we don't expect any more significant changes beyond what we see today."

"Cortana will also feature app discoverability from the Windows Store as users use search."

"Future updates of Microsoft Edge will include a new "New Tab" window with the most recent links users have visited in the form of tiles. If the site they visited has an app available in the Windows Store, you will see "Get the app" notification in the link tile as well."

kenC, May 2, 2015
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    If they (MS) are going to remove the "full screen" button from the Start Menu, how does one get a full screen Start Menu?

Reach for keyboard and press F11?

Yell at Cortana, "Hey, Cortana, Full Screen!"?

Huh? Am I missing something here? *Confused

f14tomcat, May 2, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    Drag it or go 'Tablet Mode'?
    Dunno! *Confused

Edwin, May 2, 2015
  8. f14tomcat Win User

Now that would be ok.... grab the upper right corner and drag it anywhere to re-size menu! That would work... dynamic resizing.

f14tomcat, May 2, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    But w/o shutter and jitter*Smile

Cliff S, May 2, 2015
  10. ssn650 Win User
    You've gotta be kiddin' me. There must be some way to disable this "Get the App" notification or else I'm staying away from Windows 10 for good. Total nonsense. This feature won't be available to Enterprise users, will it?

ssn650, May 2, 2015
  11. Initial impression is, I'm not liking the Start Menu at all. Will have to actually use the final version for a while to see if I can warm up to it though.

alphanumeric, May 2, 2015
  12. Mystere Win User
    Umm.. most of those are already there in Windows 7, so I'm not really sure what your complaint is...

Windows 7 already has a recently used apps list...

This is already there In IE since, I don't know, IE7... and it's there in Chrome and FF.

Mystere, May 2, 2015
  13. Gman13 Win User

I don't understand why Cortana isn't available in outside USA. Ok, it understands only English but most users knows English well

Gman13, May 2, 2015
  14. kenC Win User
    Mystere said:
    "Umm.. most of those are already there in Windows 7, so I'm not really sure what your complaint is..."

Well, not in my W7 they're not. I don't have notifications in FF telling me to get apps from the Windows store. I don't have Cortana recommending apps when I search W7 or MS suggesting apps to use because I haven't visited the store and I certainly don't have messages appearing after I visit web sites telling me that "There's an app for that"

15. Mystere Win User
    "most" does not mean "only the parts you mentioned that you want to talk about". You quoted several things that would make you go back to windows 7. 2 of them are things that are in fact already in Windows 7.

Mystere, May 3, 2015
Thema:

1. New features and improvements coming to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - features improvements coming

2. Windows 10 KB5009596 is now available with new feature and improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5009596 is now available with new feature and improvements: Windows 10 KB5009596 has been released and it actually comes with a new feature that will help you migrate to Windows 11. Additionally, Windows 10’s optional update also comes with a bunch of general improvements and fixes, including a fix for an issue where all Bluetooth...
  3. Windows 10 21H2 comes with new features for Bluetooth audio

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 21H2 comes with new features for Bluetooth audio: Windows 10 has been criticized in the past for limited controls for audio devices, with users regularly reporting issues when using their Bluetooth devices for both voice and mic. There have also been complaints about the audio quality itself, especially when using premium...
  4. Windows 10X: Here are the best new features and improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10X: Here are the best new features and improvements: After several months of silence, Windows 10X is finally done and Microsoft has finalized the RTM candidate, which is now heading to the manufacturers. We’re unofficially in the final countdown to the launch of Windows 10X, which is expected to arrive between April and June...
  5. Windows 10 will now get features and improvements in a new way

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 will now get features and improvements in a new way: With Windows 10 version 2004 or newer, Microsoft added a new item called “Windows Feature Experience Pack“. This can be found under Windows Specifications in Settings > About and it will now include shell components to enable new features in the OS faster. Currently, Windows...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade experience could improve significantly with new feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 upgrade experience could improve significantly with new feature: Microsoft now warns users of specific Windows 10 bugs and compatibility problems in support documents or community forums, but there’s still room for improvements and Microsoft is aware. After Microsoft released the May 2020 Update (version 2004), it highlighted at least 10...
  7. A look at the new features coming to Windows 10 with Redstone 5

in Windows 10 News
    A look at the new features coming to Windows 10 with Redstone 5: The next big update of Windows 10 is codenamed Redstone 5 and it’s projected to arrive in the fall. Windows 10 Redstone 5 is currently in development, and Microsoft is improving the OS with the help from Windows Insiders. Windows 10 RS 5 will be a big update, and it’ll...
  8. Microsoft - feature update improvements for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft - feature update improvements for Windows 10: I’m Joseph Conway, Senior Program Manager on the Windows Fundamentals team at Microsoft. The Windows Fundamentals team focuses on the underlying technologies that are used to install feature updates as well as a host of other things. We’ve heard your feedback about the...
  9. The Other New Features Coming With The Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    The Other New Features Coming With The Windows 10 Creators Update: Microsoft will release a new version of Windows 10 this spring that they are calling the Creators update. While they did announce the large features that will be coming with this release, the company also posted a video that shows some of the smaller updates that will arrive...
  10. New Enterprise improvements coming to IE11 on Windows 7 and 8.1

in Windows 10 News
    New Enterprise improvements coming to IE11 on Windows 7 and 8.1: In Windows 10 version 1511, we announced a number of improvements to our collection of Enterprise Mode tools, designed to help customers upgrade more easily to Internet Explorer 11. These tools include a new v.2 Enterprise Mode XML schema, which is designed to be simpler,...