Windows 10: New February Windows update breaks AMD HD 3300 graphic display

Discus and support New February Windows update breaks AMD HD 3300 graphic display in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Seriously? You expect us to buy a new computer, or graphic card now for a computer that was perfectly functioning? Don't you people care for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VinsD, Feb 17, 2020.

1. VinsD Win User

New February Windows update breaks AMD HD 3300 graphic display

Seriously?

You expect us to buy a new computer, or graphic card now for a computer that was perfectly functioning?

Don't you people care for the environment?

What are we supposed to do with the computer that was functioning just fine 1 day ago?

Just ditch it?

If Bill was in charge, this would have never happened.

Shame on you. I'm Switching to Linux. Permanently!

This was long time coming anyway.

:)

VinsD, Feb 17, 2020

2. AMD Radeon HD 3300 "device requires further installation"

I have a PC with an Asus M4A78T-E AMD compatible motherboard, which has integrated AMD Radeon HD 3300 graphics. I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 1607, and now I have a wake from sleep problem .... namely that when I wake from sleep, the monitor does
    not turn on (black screen).

The AMD website says the Windows 10 driver for HD 3300 is to be obtained thru Microsoft Update, and in fact the driver installed automatically during the 7 -> 10 upgrade. But I looked at Device Manager for the HD 3300 graphics, and I see a message:

Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9614&SUBSYS_834D1043&REV_00\4&456635&0&2808 requires further installation.

which I suspect could be the problem. I tried updating the HD 3300 driver thru the Device Manager, and the response is that I already have the best driver installed. I tried uninstalling the HD 3300 device, so that it falls back to generic low resolution
    graphics, and then rebooting, several times, and I still get the message above and the monitor black screen upon wake.

Ideas to diagnose and/or resolve appreciated. Thanks, Gus

RodolfoLaCuadrillaMaestro, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 auto updater breaks graphic driver

I am having trouble with my AMD HD6750M graphics card. When I turn the PC on, it boots ok and the login screen blinks and goes black. I've tried to restore Windows multiple times and now I'm running a fresh install.

Everytime I format the pc, it works until I restart (as windows updater downloads the driver for AMD and installs it again). I've even managed to completely remove the display driver with the Display Driver Uninstaller from Guru3d (in safe mode!), and the pc works fine until it downloads the driver again, I restart the pc and it breaks again.

I want to completely remove and disable this graphic card, once I believe it's defective and my pc already comes with a Intel HD card onboard.

And yes, I've already downloaded and installed the drivers from AMD website. It breaks it anyway when installation is finished.

Specs:

• Samsung Chronos Series 7
    • Intel Core i5 2450M 2,5 GHz
    • AMD Radeon HD6750M
    • Windows 10 Pro
    • 6GB DDR3 RAM

Vinícius Perotto, Feb 24, 2020
  4. New February Windows update breaks AMD HD 3300 graphic display

Driver Error AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000

ok, it didn't work after all. windows update has seemingly installed another
    driver update for my amd mobility radeon hd 5000, this time breaking it again.

i tried what you suggested step by step, but that didn't work either. I'll try it again with running a win 7 driver in compatibility between steps two and three and keep you posted on the results.

WanjaLeuthold, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

New February Windows update breaks AMD HD 3300 graphic display

1. New February Windows update breaks AMD HD 3300 graphic display - Similar Threads - February update breaks

2. IntelR HD Graphics 520 - display issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IntelR HD Graphics 520 - display issues: Hi,Today the display on my laptop suddenly changed to a square shape and contents zoomed in.I looked at a few other community threads which prompted me to uninstall the display adapter IntelR HD Graphics 520 which immediately fixed the problem. However, each time I do this...
  3. Windows update breaks graphics cards

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update breaks graphics cards: Hi allSo in the past couple of days I allowed windows to update on two different PC’s and now I have no display at all, it looks like it’s killed the graphics cards on both machines, I don’t even get the bios screens I know one machine is up and running as it’s also my media...
  4. Cumulative Update February 2021 - Breaks Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cumulative Update February 2021 - Breaks Windows Hello: Installed the 2021-02 Cumulative Updates 3. This update broke WIndows Hello facial login. Upon restart Windows Hello cannot start camera and must use alternate login method. Checking update status one update, I believe the .NET framework errored out - yet it shows...
  5. New Graphic card to replace AMD Radeon hd 7970M.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New Graphic card to replace AMD Radeon hd 7970M.: Hi there. I have trouble finding a replacement to my old graphic card in my laptop. Does it pay off to replace the AMD Radeon hd 7970M as it is no longer supported and replace it with a newer one that may enable me to play Space engineers?
  6. Display adapters - Intel HD graphics driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display adapters - Intel HD graphics driver: I have deleted and removed the display adapter for a Dell XPS 13 9380 . I have downloaded the Intel HD graphics driver from Dell Website but now i cannot see this in the list on my device manager. i dont know know what to do now. thanks....
  7. intel HD Graphics and AMD Radeon HD 8670m problem details in the post

intel HD Graphics and AMD Radeon HD 8670m problem details in the post: I have intel HD Graphics and AMD Radeon HD 8670m problem when i click right click on disktop only amd Graphics propertis that show up but no intel Graphic propertis / when i reinstall intel graphic driver amd Graphic propertis gone and only intel that show up *Huh Dell...
  8. Need Display HD Graphics Driver

Need Display HD Graphics Driver: Hi All experts I have HP Elitebook 8460P Core i5 Second Generation (2520M) Laptop, And I installed windows 10 pro 64bit, But I not find any Graphics display drivers for windows 10, And I installed windows 8.1 Driver , but there is problem in this driver , That my...
  9. AMD HD 4000 series graphics on Windows 10.

AMD HD 4000 series graphics on Windows 10.: I have an older video card with AMD HD4670 Radeon Graphics. My Windows 7 system has dual 1080P displays. In windows 7 it was necessary to use the “Scaling” option found in the AMD Catalyst Control Center (CCC) to properly size the image on the HDMI display(picture attached)....
  10. Latest 8/8/15 AMD Driver fo ATI Radeon HD 3300 Disables Sleep

Latest 8/8/15 AMD Driver fo ATI Radeon HD 3300 Disables Sleep: I use the on-board ATI Radeon HD3300 graphics on Asus/AMD MB on my Windows 10 test system. On August 8th windows update installed a new driver from AMD. Ever since I can't use sleep on my Win 10 system. With the POWERCFG command, I was able to find out that the sleep function...