Windows 10: New FF - passwords

Discus and support New FF - passwords in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I installed the new FF yesterday to check out whehter they had fixed a few things. It refuses to save passwords/log in's.??? I have checked the options... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by elbmek, Sep 4, 2016.

1. elbmek Win User

New FF - passwords

I installed the new FF yesterday to check out whehter they had fixed a few things. It refuses to save passwords/log in's.??? I have checked the options out and can find nothing???

:)

elbmek, Sep 4, 2016

2. Firefox Browser NOT Compatible With Windows 10 Update

l also had problems with Firefox after installing windows 10 upgrade from windows 8.1. FF started to freeze up repeatedly. I did FF refresh and all other recommended fixes from the FF browser and still had problems with FF freezes.

I went ahead and uninstalled FF and am now using the new Microsoft WIN 10 Edge Browser. It's OK for basic simple browsing but I am longtime dedicated FF user, am used to using only FF and know it's features well plus I have 1000's of saved bookmarks on it.
    I thought the problem was with FF but looked up this post and problem may be with the new WIN10 OS.

Not completely satisfied with new windows 10 OS. It has great new features like Cortana, ect but I really need to get FF back and running. I don't know for certain if WIN 10 is cause of FF having glitches but will read thru this post and attempt to find
    solutions suggested here.

Also getting messages and ads all over the internet for Windows 10 Driver fix/upgrade. Don't know if they're valid or a scam so will look it up or seek help to fix FF/ WIN10 compatibility issue only thru microsoft corp help/community site.

carminepete, Sep 4, 2016
  3. lesamack Win User
    Firefox Browser NOT Compatible With Windows 10 Update

Same for me .I check my drivers. It always they are working fine But pop ups keep saying I need to update! I really wish I had not upgraded to windows 10!

lesamack, Sep 4, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

New FF - passwords

Options/Security/Remember logins for sites

Edwin, Sep 4, 2016
  5. Hi:

EDIT: OOPS! @Edwin beat me to it. If his excellent solution does not work, then....*Biggrin

First troubleshooting step = Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 4, 2016
  6. elbmek Win User
    Strange, first place I looked, it did not work?? It was already ticked anyway?

elbmek, Sep 4, 2016
  7. Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 4, 2016
  8. elbmek Win User

New FF - passwords

cheers, get back to you

elbmek, Sep 4, 2016
  9. elbmek Win User
    I did the Safe Mode, more than once - no difference. So I reload FF and clicked on refresh, it did its thing and then I closed it

went into 5 sites where password is required, logged in then closed it. Then went back in by clicking the shortcut and it worked fine in each case. So it appears the refresh option did the correction.*Tongue. So will try some more later .................

edit: just tried it again with this site and I was already logged in!!! *Smile Kudos, whatever that is, to Moxie

elbmek, Sep 4, 2016
  10. Excellent news. I'm glad you were able to resolve your issue.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

New FF - passwords

1. New FF - passwords - Similar Threads - passwords

2. Why do my passwords keep disappearing when I turn off computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do my passwords keep disappearing when I turn off computer?: I have 3 browsers. Edge, Firefox, and Chrome. All three require me to enter my password at sites like Amazon and go through a 2-step verification. Or when I have to sign in using Google, I have to use my cell phone to ID myself.It's a lot of annoyance and never happened...
  3. Why do my passwords keep disappearing when I turn off computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do my passwords keep disappearing when I turn off computer?: I have 3 browsers. Edge, Firefox, and Chrome. All three require me to enter my password at sites like Amazon and go through a 2-step verification. Or when I have to sign in using Google, I have to use my cell phone to ID myself.It's a lot of annoyance and never happened...
  4. Windows Security asking for my password incessantly in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security asking for my password incessantly in Google Chrome: Whenever I try to look at any of my passwords in the Chrome password manager, I get a Windows Security popup that forces me to type in my password before looking at any of my other ones. I have tried everything I can possibly think of to disable this feature, including...
  5. Windows Security asking for my password incessantly in Google Chrome

Windows Security asking for my password incessantly in Google Chrome: Whenever I try to look at any of my passwords in the Chrome password manager, I get a Windows Security popup that forces me to type in my password before looking at any of my other ones. I have tried everything I can possibly think of to disable this feature, including...
  6. passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    passwords: so I was told to use Libre office from my coach its free if I use it and keep track of passwords is this suggested by others since I keep changing every 3-5 months thanks ? I have a few things passworded for documents also. that are confidential....
  7. passwords

passwords: so I was told to use Libre office from my coach its free if I use it and keep track of passwords is this suggested by others since I keep changing every 3-5 months thanks ? I have a few things passworded for documents also. that are confidential....
  8. I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition: Good afternoon, dear representatives.I encountered a problem of not finding passwords for the WiFi that I typed.It was working and showing up until some update; can this function be restored somehow?I will wait for your reply.P.S. Previous visibility could be obtained using:...
  9. I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition

I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition: Good afternoon, dear representatives.I encountered a problem of not finding passwords for the WiFi that I typed.It was working and showing up until some update; can this function be restored somehow?I will wait for your reply.P.S. Previous visibility could be obtained using:...
  10. I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition

in Windows 10 Customization