Windows 10: New File explorer - default an abomination

Discus and support New File explorer - default an abomination in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi folks Who else like me (For Eng scholars me is correct -- Cambridge UK graduates think it should be "Like I" however use the plural and nobody... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Aug 5, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

New File explorer - default an abomination

Hi folks

Who else like me (For Eng scholars me is correct -- Cambridge UK graduates think it should be "Like I" however use the plural and nobody would say "Like WE " in this contest -- they'd always say "Like US" !!! -- only mention because that cost my colleague in a Bar today 4 pints of great Beer !!!!!!!!!) thinks that the change to the default layout of File explorer in the next (slow / fast / skip ahead) builds are an abomination -- default shows changes by Date -- for me I prefer the old standard way of doing it by file name etc -- add all these extra bits to display it but don't change the defaults which I assume most people are happy with.

As we say in Engineering -- "If it Ain't broke -- don't fix it " !!

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 5, 2019

2. Win10: set 'view' default in file explorer

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that you are trying to set file explorer as default. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to set file explorer as default and check if it helps.

1. In the search box type as “settings”.

2. Go to “system” and click on “default apps”.

3.Then click on “set default apps by”.

4. Select “File Explorer from the list” and click on “choose defaults for this program”.

5. Then check the box “select all” and click on “save.

6. Then click on “ok”.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 5, 2019
  3. File Explorer default veiw setting Win 10 Pro

Hi Bob,

You can change the default settings of your File Explorer view. If you would like to sort it by Date, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Go to Start, type File Explorer.
    • Select View located at the top of the address bar.
    • Locate Sort by.
    • Select Date.
    • Choose between Ascending and Descending.
    • Close the File Explorer and check back if the changes applied.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Ronalene Mat, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

1. New File explorer - default an abomination - Similar Threads - File explorer default

2. How to open file explorer folders as new tabs by default instead of as new file explorer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open file explorer folders as new tabs by default instead of as new file explorer...: Hello,I am loving the tabs functionality of the new file explorer, but I am constantly annoying with the fact that opening any folder results in a new file explorer windows being spawned. What I would instead like to happen is that my current file explorer windows is made...
  3. How to open file explorer folders as new tabs by default instead of as new file explorer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to open file explorer folders as new tabs by default instead of as new file explorer...: Hello,I am loving the tabs functionality of the new file explorer, but I am constantly annoying with the fact that opening any folder results in a new file explorer windows being spawned. What I would instead like to happen is that my current file explorer windows is made...
  4. Default file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Default file explorer: I recently downloaded an app called "Files" from the Microsoft Store and It's exactly like the file explorer but just more modern, although when I go to open a folder from my desktop, my laptop still opens it with the default Windows 10 file explorer. Is there a way to change...
  5. Change the default file explorer

Change the default file explorer: I recently downloaded “files” from windows store, its a more modern and simple file explorer. Is it a way to change the default file explorer? submitted by /u/CandidSchedule1281 [link] [comments]...
  6. Changing default File Explorer.

Changing default File Explorer.: How can I change the default File Explorer in Windows 10? The legacy Explorer takes too long to load some files in a folder, so I'm using an alternative (Files UWP Preview). It's better, load times are shorter so I've decided to change the default explorer to Files UWP (if...
  7. File Explorer Default settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Default settings: When I open File Explorer for the first time I want to control what it displays. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-default-settings/bab1ad48-2bd1-44ca-bc3c-03b61bd46647
  8. change default file explorer?

change default file explorer?: Recently I found and installed an app called Files UWP and while I like it very much, I can't find any way to make it my default file explorer submitted by /u/KibSquib47 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hh2stm/change_default_file_explorer/
  9. Default File Explorer

Default File Explorer: Hello! There is a secret file explorer menu in windows and I want to use it as my default because I like the design. Any tips to make it the default file explorer on my system? submitted by /u/Lackmey [link] [comments]...
  10. abomination

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    abomination: Windows 10 is an abomination I'm sick and tired of this god damn abomination of an OS. I have never seen a more violated desktop or Task Manager than when attempting to use this joke of an operating system. Furthermore, the amount of unnecessary features and practically...