Windows 10: New File Share Witness Feature in Windows Server 2019

Discus and support New File Share Witness Feature in Windows Server 2019 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; This blog discusses a new feature in the upcoming release of Windows Server 2019. Currently, Windows Insiders receive current builds of Server 2019. We... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

New File Share Witness Feature in Windows Server 2019

Source: New File Share Witness Feature in Windows Server 2019 | Clustering and High-Availability

:)

Brink, Apr 16, 2018

2. AD User Accounts Spanning Homefolders - Permissions Denied Entries Etc

We are witnessing an issue where a group of random AD users workstations will auto span the network share that houses the home folders of our other office users. This is happening automatically and and high volumes. This is only some users, less than 1%
    but very noticeable on our file permissions audit logging as denied entries of course.

If we image the workstation, it stops. Then another workstation fires up maybe. In fact a user that just received a new computer is scanning away.

We use Sophos Antivirus Cloud, server 2016 file server, Win10 etc

Any thoughts? Sort of at wits end...

FANTASIA Jonathan, Apr 16, 2018
  3. garym123 Win User
    So if Microsoft just gave up WIndows phone, how am I supposed to watch movies I bought through Mircrosoft on the Android or Iphone I now have to go buy?

Just because Microsoft will not be making phone hardware does not mean your phone will stop working.

Windows 10 Mobile with creators update will still be supported till 6/11/2019. You Will still get bug fixes, security updates but no new features.

garym123, Apr 16, 2018
Thema:

New File Share Witness Feature in Windows Server 2019

1. New File Share Witness Feature in Windows Server 2019 - Similar Threads - File Share Witness

2. Windows server 2019 file server backup server.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows server 2019 file server backup server.: Hello,So basically I have a server running server 2019 dedicated for files and all the network drives / users home spaces etc. What I really want to do is get another server and set the new server up as a fail back. So, if there's any issues with the main server it will...
  3. One File share witness or Cloud Witness for two clusters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One File share witness or Cloud Witness for two clusters: Is it possible to use One File share witness for two separate clusters, below is the requirement:Data Center 1 Node1, Node2, WINCLUXData Center 2Node3, Node4, WINCLUYData Center 3Only one file share witness\\filesharewitness\WINCLUor One Cloud witness...
  4. One File share witness or Cloud Witness for two clusters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One File share witness or Cloud Witness for two clusters: Is it possible to use One File share witness for two separate clusters, below is the requirement:Data Center 1 Node1, Node2, WINCLUXData Center 2Node3, Node4, WINCLUYData Center 3Only one file share witness\\filesharewitness\WINCLUor One Cloud witness...
  5. "missing" file in server 2019 file share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "missing" file in server 2019 file share: Our developer runs macro's in MS Access on his machine and has been reporting for a little while that files that he can see exist by RDP'ing to the file server and viewing the folder location are apparently missing on his network drive. When he refreshes his explorer window...
  6. New server wit previous domain name

in Windows 10 Customization
    New server wit previous domain name: We recently had to replace a Windows Server 2011 with Windows Server 2019. This was done by building a new server rather than doing an upgrade. When building the new server, it was given the same computer name and domain as the previous server. We removed workstations from...
  7. Windows Server 2019 Removed & Deprecated features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server 2019 Removed & Deprecated features: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Just like Windows 10 for consumers, Microsoft keeps building new features and functionality for its server editions. Apart from adding, functions are also removed and deprecated. Here is a list of Windows 10 Server 2019 Removed & Deprecated features Windows...
  8. Windows Server 2019: removed and deprecated features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server 2019: removed and deprecated features: Every new Windows 10 or Windows Server release makes changes to existing features. Some of these features are removed entirely from new versions of the operating systems, others may be deprecated. Deprecation means that the feature remains available in the release but is not...
  9. What is File Share Witness feature in Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 News
    What is File Share Witness feature in Windows Server 2019: [ATTACH] When a high-demanded service or website is hosted on a Server, they are usually designed such that there are multiple balancing nodes. These nodes make sure that when one node fails, there are other nodes which can take care. In [...] This post What is File Share...
  10. Cluster File share witness failed frequently

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cluster File share witness failed frequently: I have Windows 2012 2 node fail over cluster and File share witness configured. File share witness frequently goes offlin and triggers this events. When I check the File share witness its accessible. Its coming online when I manually bring online. This continues frequesntly...