Windows 10: New File Viewers for OneDrive, SharePoint and Teams

Discus and support New File Viewers for OneDrive, SharePoint and Teams in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; OneDrive's vision is to enable you to share and work together on all your files in a simple and secure way, inclusive of your personal files as well as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 1, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

New File Viewers for OneDrive, SharePoint and Teams

Source: New File Viewers for OneDrive, SharePoint and Teams - Microsoft Tech Community - 189182

:)

Brink, May 1, 2018
  2. Julie Ram Win User

SharePoint 2013 and Outlook

Hi Gloria,

We do understand that you want to work on your documents coming from SharePoint to Outlook. However, it is not possible to attach the files by default SharePoint as a copy. A connection is established between Outlook and SharePoint, when
    we attach a file they are attached from a cloud location and that’s why the files are attached as a link rather than a copy.

Here's a workaround, you can first try to sync the SharePoint files on your system
    locally and then browse the local folder to attach them directly as a file. To sync the files to your system, you have to use the OneDrive for Business Next Generation Sync Client. You can check this
    article
    for a detailed steps on how to install the sync client and how to sync the SharePoint and OneDrive files.

Regards.

Julie Ram, May 1, 2018
  3. Documents in Office Hub on Windows Nokia Lumia Icon (Windows Phone 8) not syncing with Office 365.

OK then. Consider that the phone doesn't sync with the laptop, but rather with the cloud. Just a technicality, but the point is the file needs to make it to the cloud (SharePoint/OneDrive) before the phone has any hope of getting any changes. I haven't
    quite got my head around how the two sections, my OneDrive (my files) and the SharePoint (business shares) work. I get that the OneDrive @ files are mine and I can create files and save them there from the phone, or wherever. Files on the SharePoint (Team)
    area are a bit different. I cannot create and send a file there from the phone, though I can see those files 'check them out' and edit them, and they go back whence they came. Once open I can 'save them as', making a new file either on the phone or even in
    my Business or consumer OneDrive. I don't think you have too many people here on this 'consumer' forum that have a lot of experience with the Business offerings. I have had pretty good luck using the O365 Business forums, and even MS support. You are paying
    for support with your subscription. Not putting you off, just not sure I understand how it should work well enough to understand what might be wrong.

Sven Johannsen, May 1, 2018
Thema:

New File Viewers for OneDrive, SharePoint and Teams

1. New File Viewers for OneDrive, SharePoint and Teams - Similar Threads - File Viewers OneDrive

2. OneDrive: transfer Sync Path of Sharepoint Sites not files to the new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive: transfer Sync Path of Sharepoint Sites not files to the new PC: Good morning everyone,We are moving a user to a new computer, and they have around 10 different SharePoint sites, and a few OneDrive folders synced to the computer. Is there a way to copy the settings to a new computer, without going to every site and syncing. I've looked at...
  3. MS Teams not syncing with Sharepoint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Teams not syncing with Sharepoint: Hello, I am in process of reorganizing my Teams channels - which requires files and folders to be moved around. I have completed this activity in Sharepoint and have synced back to Teams...or at least, tried to sync. The syncs are claiming to be successful and each...
  4. MS Teams not syncing with Sharepoint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Teams not syncing with Sharepoint: Hello, I am in process of reorganizing my Teams channels - which requires files and folders to be moved around. I have completed this activity in Sharepoint and have synced back to Teams...or at least, tried to sync. The syncs are claiming to be successful and each...
  5. MS Teams not syncing with Sharepoint

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. team viewer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    team viewer: I keep getting phones from team viewer refund dept. They claim that everyone who has microsoft windows subscribes to this. They are going out of business and want to refund my money. I don't remember subscribing to this and refuse to open my bank account so they can wire...
  7. New integrations with AutoCAD for Microsoft OneDrive and SharePoint

in Windows 10 News
    New integrations with AutoCAD for Microsoft OneDrive and SharePoint: Across OneDrive and SharePoint, our vision is to provide simple and secure access to files wherever—and however—your team works. No matter your role, specialization, or industry, we’re always working to expand and connect with the content you find critical. Today, we’re...
  8. New Updates to OneDrive for Business & SharePoint Team Site Versioning

in Windows 10 News
    New Updates to OneDrive for Business & SharePoint Team Site Versioning: On May 15th we announced on the Office 365 Roadmap (ID 30544) that we’re updating the versioning settings on all OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online team site document libraries, including both group-connected team sites and team sites not connected to an Office 365...
  9. Office 365 ATP for SharePoint, OneDrive and Microsoft Teams available

in Windows 10 News
    Office 365 ATP for SharePoint, OneDrive and Microsoft Teams available: When moving your organization to cloud services, security concerns add another layer of consideration; one of trust. Security and compliance is an ongoing process, not a steady state. It is constantly maintained, enhanced, and verified by highly-skilled, experienced and...
  10. New SharePoint and OneDrive capabilities

in Windows 10 News
    New SharePoint and OneDrive capabilities: Today, during the SharePoint Virtual Summit, we unveiled a new wave of innovations that build upon the vision we set forth last year to reinvent content collaboration and usher in a new generation of mobile and intelligent intranets. Customers’ successes inspire us and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file viewers onedrive