Windows 10: New files created on the network won't open with other computer. But sharing permissions...

Discus and support New files created on the network won't open with other computer. But sharing permissions... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/joshmillsdesign [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/joshmillsdesign, Feb 23, 2021.

1. New files created on the network won't open with other computer. But sharing permissions...

/u/joshmillsdesign, Feb 23, 2021

2. cannot open files on network shared drive

we use kitchen design software, and store all the drawings on a separate computer (sort of like a server, as it also hosts our quickbooks company files). I have enabled all available permission settings, and i still have an issue. the program saves the drawings as *.kit files, which can be opened by double clicking them. the only way to open the file is to drag and drop it to the desktop, and then it opens. is there any way to set something up where i can double click the file in the shared folder to open the drawing? when i double click the file on the shared folder, the design program opens up but it does not load the drawing. so would this be an issue with the program, or the shared folder?

karolpl2004, Feb 23, 2021
  3. User can't copy files from network share. Permission error.

Remove the group association from the users account and have the user log off. Add the group association back to the user account and have them log back in.

Test.

Double check if the user is a member of any other group with lower access level which might conflict with this shared folder/file. Edit if necessary

Test.

Are there issues transferring other files from the same folder. If not create a copy of the file. Purge all permissions and access rights from the copy.. recreate permissions from scratch and copy it over the original.

Test.

TRIPTEX_CAN, Feb 23, 2021
  4. New files created on the network won't open with other computer. But sharing permissions...

How could this be? File transfer wizard won't work

all right... networking is strange thing... go to the old computer and look at all your "file sharing" setups. Then you have to mirror the specs onto the new one.
    If they say you dont have the ability to have access, that would mean that you are using a log in type of windows.. go into your Admin. and have the ability to share files from all accounts... if you don't have this problem, then just go to network settings and make it to where you can share that folder... Then when you have it, throw a pic or something into the folder.

Step by Step.
    1. Look at admin. to see if your allowing file sharing.
    2. Make sure you are file sharing for everyone in your network.
    3. Go into your network folder and see if you are allowing through that.
    4. Drop something in your share folder
    5. see if it is visible for both computers.

If you get stuck just pm me.

Cold Storm, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

New files created on the network won't open with other computer. But sharing permissions...

1. New files created on the network won't open with other computer. But sharing permissions... - Similar Threads - files created network

2. No permission to open files created on other computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No permission to open files created on other computer?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/joshmillsdesign [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lrs9or/no_permission_to_open_files_created_on_other/
  3. Permissions Problem in Network Sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permissions Problem in Network Sharing: The last Windows update completely destroyed my computer so I had to do a reset and reinstall all of my programs. The last remaining problem is with network permissions/sharing. The other two computers call them 2 and 3 in the office can see my computer and have full...
  4. permission to open local internet shared files.

permission to open local internet shared files.: I don't have permission to open local internet shared files. I have turned on sharing and permissions in security and settings and allowed in media streaming....
  5. How to talk to and share files on other Computers on a Network?

How to talk to and share files on other Computers on a Network?: How do you to talk to and share files on other Computers on a Network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-talk-to-and-share-files-on-other-computers/d758a089-c4e4-455c-b50f-ff560e152788
  6. File Sharing Permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Sharing Permissions: I am trying to share files between two WIN 10 1909 PCs, and have set all the sharing options according to instructions. I am still getting an error on both that they do not have the required permissions. I have enabled file sharing with Everyone - read, write, everything....
  7. Network Sharing - Unable to share the files on my pc with others on the network

Network Sharing - Unable to share the files on my pc with others on the network: Hello, I am trying to set up my PC for file sharing across the network at my work. I have changed all of my settings to allow network sharing but whenever someone else tries to access it says access denied I have allowed permissions to everyone while trying to set it up and...
  8. network sharing permissions

network sharing permissions: how to sharing drive and network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-sharing-permissions/bbbdb1da-460a-4ac0-a4b7-b4607c900698
  9. Permission issues to access files shared over a network

Permission issues to access files shared over a network: From computer B, I don't have permission to access a path on computer A. However certain folders on computer A show up on computer B and are accessible. On computer A the folder has been set to share. Kaspersky on computer A has been temporarily disabled. Why are some...
  10. Sharing Networked drives with other applicaions on other computers

Sharing Networked drives with other applicaions on other computers: Hi there Is there a way to share a Network drive with another computer (via File sharing - not via standard networking access) For example I have say computer A that has shared networked drives from computer C (\\server\shared drive) Now say I want to run PLEX or...