Windows 10: New files/folders move to main display when copied/created

Discus and support New files/folders move to main display when copied/created in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Sometimes when I drag a file/folder to my desktop from a different location, it will move it to my main display and align it with the rest. Auto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KatzeWolf, Jan 22, 2020.

1. New files/folders move to main display when copied/created

Sometimes when I drag a file/folder to my desktop from a different location, it will move it to my main display and align it with the rest. Auto arrange is turned off.

The same goes if I create a folder on my second display, it will appear when I want to create it, I name it and press enter. It then moves to my primary display... And I end up needing to minimise everything to open it.

Is there a solution for this?

submitted by /u/KatzeWolf
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KatzeWolf, Jan 22, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Jan 22, 2020
  4. New files/folders move to main display when copied/created

creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

New files/folders move to main display when copied/created

1. New files/folders move to main display when copied/created - Similar Threads - files folders move

2. How To Stop Blue Arrows Showing When Creating New Folder Or Moving Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Stop Blue Arrows Showing When Creating New Folder Or Moving Files: How To Stop Blue Arrows Showing When Creating New Folder Or Moving FilesI went overboard with my storage now all my files & folders are full of blue arrows & everytime i create a new folder or move files from my phone storage to my laptop the blue arrows show how do i get rid...
  3. How To Stop Blue Arrows Showing When Creating New Folder Or Moving Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Stop Blue Arrows Showing When Creating New Folder Or Moving Files: How To Stop Blue Arrows Showing When Creating New Folder Or Moving FilesI went overboard with my storage now all my files & folders are full of blue arrows & everytime i create a new folder or move files from my phone storage to my laptop the blue arrows show how do i get rid...
  4. 20 second delay when copying files or creating folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    20 second delay when copying files or creating folders: Hello,There is a 20 second delay when I'm copying files or creating folders. I'm on Windows Pro 21H2. It started about two days ago. All I can think about as changes are installing NVIDIA display drivers and installing Davinci Resolve. I uninstalled both but it doesn't help....
  5. 20 second delay when copying files or creating folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    20 second delay when copying files or creating folders: Hello,There is a 20 second delay when I'm copying files or creating folders. I'm on Windows Pro 21H2. It started about two days ago. All I can think about as changes are installing NVIDIA display drivers and installing Davinci Resolve. I uninstalled both but it doesn't help....
  6. 20 second delay when copying files or creating folders

7. Copying files to new folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copying files to new folders: I have a main folder (A), many subfolders and a file (B). Every time I create a new folder in A, I wanna copy C inside that new folder. Is that possible? submitted by /u/kolbyng [link] [comments]...
  8. Randomly some files in a folder in a sub folder of the main folder are moved to the main...

Randomly some files in a folder in a sub folder of the main folder are moved to the main...: I have a folder named Music, with several subfolders and the subfolder has further sub folders. e.g. Music - The rest - Artie Shaw. For some reason the "Artie Shaw" folder copies itself to "Music" (from "The rest") and moves a few of the files from Artie Shaw. The original...
  9. File rename tool that will create new folders and move files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File rename tool that will create new folders and move files: I used to use Breeze Systems Downloader Pro to import my photos. I want to rename photo files based on date and time, and add a sequence number. Also, I want each day's photos to be in a separate folder, based on date. Downloader Pro can do all that, and will move files into...
  10. create a new folder or copy a file to a specific folder it doesn't a

in Windows 10 Support
    create a new folder or copy a file to a specific folder it doesn't a: Hi everyone, It seem my windows 10 Home having problem, a simple malfunction which I don't understand why this happening, the problem related to each time I create a new folder or copy a file to a specific folder it doesn't appear until press the F5 key to refresh. Does...