Windows 10: New Firefox Quantum 57.0.2: Some Youtube Videos Have Green Lines?

Discus and support New Firefox Quantum 57.0.2: Some Youtube Videos Have Green Lines? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; So my CPU is being used much more now because I've disabled "hardware acceleration" in Firefox? Thanks! Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by NiceAndShy, Dec 7, 2017.

1. New Firefox Quantum 57.0.2: Some Youtube Videos Have Green Lines?

So my CPU is being used much more now because I've disabled "hardware acceleration" in Firefox?

Thanks!

NiceAndShy, Jan 1, 2018
  2. Callender Win User

Try about:config in address bar then search for browser.cache via the search box

Note down current settings before changing anything

Change browser.cache.disk.enable to false
    Change browser.cache.memory.enable to true

Create new preference browser.cache.memory.capacity and set it to -1

Close Firefox then relaunch it.

Also get a copy of speedyfox and run it once per week at least. (firefox must be closed before running speedyfox)

SpeedyFox - Boost Firefox, Skype, Chrome, Thunderbird in a Single Click!

Callender, Jan 1, 2018
  3. Well turn it on if you can deal with the crashes. Right now Firefox 57.0.3 is using 0.05% of my CPU. Not that high eh*Smile

Josey Wales, Jan 1, 2018
  4. New Firefox Quantum 57.0.2: Some Youtube Videos Have Green Lines?

Your reply is appreciated!

After disabling "hardware acceleration" in Firefox, it seems like the problem of the green lines appearing in videos has been solved.

Did you see that post?

NiceAndShy, Jan 1, 2018
  5. Since disabling "hardware acceleration" Firefox seems to put a lot of strain on my CPU while it's playing 1080P video on Youtube. My CPU is a quad core Q9400.

NiceAndShy, Jan 1, 2018
  6. Callender Win User
    I did see it. I should have made it clear that my reply was in response to:

Callender, Jan 1, 2018
  7. I really like the idea of making my apps work faster, especially Firefox, but I don't want to install another app just to do it...

Thanks for your suggestion though!

NiceAndShy, Jan 5, 2018
  8. Callender Win User

New Firefox Quantum 57.0.2: Some Youtube Videos Have Green Lines?

No problem. Just to let you know it's portable and runs without installation. It just takes a few seconds.

New Firefox Quantum 57.0.2: Some Youtube Videos Have Green Lines? [​IMG]

I believe that Ccleaner has the same functionality if you choose the "Compact Databases" option.

New Firefox Quantum 57.0.2: Some Youtube Videos Have Green Lines? [​IMG]

Callender, Jan 6, 2018
  9. Upgrade to Fx 57.0.4 , If you have a high end GPU then turn it on or watch at 720 *Wink

Josey Wales, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

New Firefox Quantum 57.0.2: Some Youtube Videos Have Green Lines?

1. New Firefox Quantum 57.0.2: Some Youtube Videos Have Green Lines? - Similar Threads - Firefox Quantum Youtube

2. YouTube video preview in Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    YouTube video preview in Firefox: Hi, is there a Firefox plugin, or a configuration change, to preview YouTube videos while using Bing Search Engine (and hopefully Google Search Engine as well) just like in Internet Explorer? [img] 105287
  3. Firefox Quantum Question

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Quantum Question: I've been trying out the new Firefox browser (version 58), and so far, like it. My question is: when running the browser in private window mode, is that the same security as using a VPN? The reason I ask is because my current VPN service expires in a couple of months, and may...
  4. Firefox 57 Ready Extensions

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox 57 Ready Extensions: Just in case you want to know what extensions will work with Firefox 57 as of today the link in below:*tip*BSOD https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...er=54.0&page=2 89428
  5. Firefox Photon Firefox 57

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Photon Firefox 57: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3029098 Mock-up of the changes to Customize mode as part of the upcoming design refresh https://i.imgur.com/ljjlqb4.jpg The first mockup shows Firefox running the Photon user interface, and the about:home page of...
  6. 'return' in YouTube on some videos and in Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    'return' in YouTube on some videos and in Firefox: Discovered something weird and also ONLY in Firefox on YouTube, a small sentence 'return' pops up for one second and then it disappears. All my uploaded videos have this awkward problem. But not in Opera or Chrome. Only in Firefox and Edge this small thingy pops up. Not...
  7. Firefox Quantum suspicious activity

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Quantum suspicious activity: Hi. My Firefox browser auto-updated to quantum last night. I am willing to give it a try, even thought it doesn't support the addons I use. My issue is that every time I run FQ my internet security software (ESET) notifies me multiple times about two addresses its blocking....
  8. Firefox 57

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox 57: I see that 57 is available. I have a laptop at 55 and a desktop at 56. But I'm unwilling to move up to 57 until I'm clear on one point ... My plugins/extensions all say "compatible with multi-process" ... except for one: ScrapBook X. Will that not work with FF 57 ?...
  9. Introducing the New Firefox: Firefox Quantum

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the New Firefox: Firefox Quantum: It’s fast. Really fast. Firefox Quantum is over twice as fast as Firefox from 6 months ago, built on a completely overhauled core engine with brand new technology stolen from our advanced research group, and graced with a beautiful new look designed to get out of the way and...
  10. Firefox Fights Back - Firefox 57

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Fights Back - Firefox 57: UPDATE 11/14: Introducing the New Firefox: Firefox Quantum - Windows 10 Forums ...The message isn’t subtle: Firefox 57, a massive overhaul due November 14, is ready for battle. Its main rival is Google’s Chrome, which accounts for 54 percent of browser usage today as...