Windows 10: New Flash Player Zero-Day in The Wild

Discus and support New Flash Player Zero-Day in The Wild in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A new flaw in latest version of Flash to be patched next week. On my systems I use the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit to protect my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Phone Man, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Phone Man Win User

New Flash Player Zero-Day in The Wild

A new flaw in latest version of Flash to be patched next week.
    On my systems I use the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit to protect my systems.
    I guess we will see another updated from MS also.

https://blog.malwarebytes.org/zero-d..._medium=social

Jim *Cool

:)

Phone Man, Oct 14, 2015

2. I need to install “Windows Update Standalone Installer”, but I am getting the message:- “The update is not applicable to your computer.”

FWIW/FYI

Although I'm neither a Windows 10 user (I'm on Win 7)nor have I Adobe Flash Player installed: I do use Firefox and have no problems whatsoever with playing online videos.

In addition:

Adobe Flash Player has lots of issues....

AFAIK it got updated today to Version 28.0.0.161

I assume that Microsoft will provide the respective update tomorrow or so.

You might want to read:

Regards...

Jsssssssss, Oct 14, 2015
  3. Shilohbob Win User
    Shilohbob, Oct 14, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

5. Cluster Head, Oct 14, 2015
  6. Phone Man Win User
    Phone Man, Oct 15, 2015
  7. Almighty1 Win User
    Wonder when will Microsoft release the update for the Microsoft browsers.

Almighty1, Oct 16, 2015
  8. AndyG Win User

I've said so many times. GET rid of FLASH. It's a malware vector outdated piece of junk. Needless to say, I disable it.

AndyG, Oct 16, 2015
  9. zooburner Win User
    I tend to agree, I have it set to 'always ask'

zooburner, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. New Flash Player Zero-Day in The Wild - Similar Threads - Flash Player Zero

2. Flash player update on new computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash player update on new computer: Just bought a new @tLenovo laptop 30 days ago office depot. Some sites are saying that I need to update my flash player. Do I really need to & if so how do I do it?...
  3. Cisco zero-day exploited in the wild to crash and reload devices

in Windows 10 News
    Cisco zero-day exploited in the wild to crash and reload devices: The Cisco security team has revealed earlier the existence of a zero-day vulnerability affecting products that run Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) and Firepower Threat Defense (FTD) software. The vulnerability has been exploited in the wild, according to a security...
  4. Adobe readies emergency patch for Flash zero-day bug exploited in the

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adobe readies emergency patch for Flash zero-day bug exploited in the: Adobe readies emergency patch for Flash zero-day bug exploited in the wild Adobe has told users that an emergency patch is being prepared for a Flash zero-day vulnerability being exploited in the wild which can give attackers complete control. On Tuesday, the tech...
  5. Second Flash Player zero-day exploit found in Hacking Team's data

Second Flash Player zero-day exploit found in Hacking Team's data: Even though they fixed an exploit last week, guess what we'll be patching, once again, this week? *Rolleyes Second Flash Player zero-day exploit found in Hacking Team's data | PCWorld 8193
  6. Emergency Flash Player patch fixes zero-day critical flaw

Emergency Flash Player patch fixes zero-day critical flaw: Adobe Systems has released an emergency patch for Flash Player in order to fix a critical vulnerability that attackers are already taking advantage of. The vulnerability, tracked as CVE-2016-7855 in the Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures database, is a use-after-free...
  7. Java zero-day security flaw exploited in the wild

Java zero-day security flaw exploited in the wild: Oracle is working with Trend Micro to patch the problem. Until a fix is issued, users concerned about falling victim to the exploit should temporarily disable Java in their browser. The Java zero-day is reportedly being exploited through drive-by downloads on the latest...
  8. Flash zero-day flaw under attack to spread ad malware...

in Windows 10 News
    Flash zero-day flaw under attack to spread ad malware...: Cybercriminals are exploiting a newly discovered flaw in Adobe Flash Player to distribute a botnet and adware, according to security researchers. Adobe is investigating reports that a zero-day flaw in Flash Player is being used by an exploit kit known as Angler. Following...
  9. Kaspersky Lab discovers Adobe Flash Zero Day used in the wild

in Windows 10 News
    Kaspersky Lab discovers Adobe Flash Zero Day used in the wild: Woburn, MA – October 16, 2017 – The Kaspersky Lab advanced exploit prevention system has identified a new Adobe Flash zero day exploit, used in an attack on October 10, 2017 by a threat actor known as BlackOasis. The exploit is delivered through a Microsoft Word document and...
  10. New Flash zero-day targets Windows, Mac users

in Windows 10 News
    New Flash zero-day targets Windows, Mac users: Adobe has issued an advisory warning of a previously undiscovered security vulnerability in Flash Player. The company said Monday the zero-day flaw exists in the latest version of Flash Player, version 16.0.0.296 (and earlier), and if exploited could cause a crash that allows...