Windows 10: new folder and content in a specific folder on local network made by me, is only seen by my...

Discus and support new folder and content in a specific folder on local network made by me, is only seen by my... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello, if i make a subfolder on one very specific directory on our local network, this folder and content is only seen by me and also has no security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tomes_k, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Tomes_k Win User

new folder and content in a specific folder on local network made by me, is only seen by my...

hello,

if i make a subfolder on one very specific directory on our local network, this folder and content is only seen by me and also has no security tab.

all other workstations in our network can not see the folder and the content.

content in this folder say in the "detail" tab -availability=available -offline status =offline (synchronization neccessary) -approved for user= EMPTY !!

THIS EXISTING FOLDER WHERE I MAKE THE SUBFOLDER WITH CONTENT HAS ALSO NO SECURITY TAB ... all others have one and make no problem

on other directories on the network i have no problem, only on this one specific folder.

it must have something to do with the workstation, not with the logged user on this workstation !

where and how can i handle this, where is this restricted?

thanks a lot for help !

tomes

:)

Tomes_k, Dec 13, 2019

2. Sync folder between Air and PC locally

I'm looking for a software which will keep folders on my Mac Air and PC synced via the local wireless network.

I usually take my Mac with me everywhere and as such have tons of large downloaded files that I have to manually copy over to the PC. I'm looking for something that'll transfer the files over the local wireless network in my home.

Any suggestions?

aayman_farzand, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Frogger Win User
    ?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile new folder and content in a specific folder on local network made by me, is only seen by my... :)

Frogger, Dec 13, 2019
  4. new folder and content in a specific folder on local network made by me, is only seen by my...

Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

new folder and content in a specific folder on local network made by me, is only seen by my...

1. new folder and content in a specific folder on local network made by me, is only seen by my... - Similar Threads - folder content specific

2. List folder contents only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    List folder contents only: Hello,Is there any possible way to set permissions to a folder for "list folder contents" only? I've tried with icacls commands which I read somewhere that could work, like: icacls "{folder}" /grant:r {user or group}:CIRC,RD,RA,REA,X,GR and icacls "{folder}" /grant:r {user or...
  3. List folder contents only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    List folder contents only: Hello,Is there any possible way to set permissions to a folder for "list folder contents" only? I've tried with icacls commands which I read somewhere that could work, like: icacls "{folder}" /grant:r {user or group}:CIRC,RD,RA,REA,X,GR and icacls "{folder}" /grant:r {user or...
  4. List folder contents only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Compress new folder content in compressed folder

Compress new folder content in compressed folder: I have several folders on my filesystem that I've set to compress everything inside including subfolders. When I set the folder to compress, everything was compressed as expected.However, new content I add files and folders are not compressed, it seems. At least they are not...
  6. Compress new folder content in compressed folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compress new folder content in compressed folder: I have several folders on my filesystem that I've set to compress everything inside including subfolders. When I set the folder to compress, everything was compressed as expected.However, new content I add files and folders are not compressed, it seems. At least they are not...
  7. Compress new folder content in compressed folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Network Computer - Local User Account is not seen in Users folder

Network Computer - Local User Account is not seen in Users folder: I have 2 Windows 10 Pro computers: - one is Surface Pro version 2004 - one is Dell Venue Pro version 20H2 When accessing either computer on the network, the "Users" folder does not show the user's local account. For example: The account "hjhop" is not seen. Same thing...
  9. specific folder on local network made by me, is only seen by my workstation

specific folder on local network made by me, is only seen by my workstation: hello, if i make a subfolder on one very specific directory on our local network, this folder and content is only seen by me and also has no security tab. all other workstations in our network can not see the folder and the content. content in this folder say in the...
  10. specific network folder made by me, is only seen by my workstation

specific network folder made by me, is only seen by my workstation: hello, if i make a subfolder on one very specific directory on our local network, this folder and content is only seen by me and also has no security tab. all other workstations in our network can not see the folder and the content. content in this folder say in the...