Windows 10: New Folder Creation

Discus and support New Folder Creation in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have this problem where when I try to create a New Folder on my Desktop it is automatically named New Folder (2), which indicates that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AblazeTheCore, Nov 6, 2020.

1. New Folder Creation

New Folder Creation hf7E9edYmEfU8-b5uaB36zpZJ4TrfLJWjnW95GV3Tzg.jpg

I have this problem where when I try to create a New Folder on my Desktop

it is automatically named New Folder (2), which indicates that there is already a folder somewhere

on the desktop with the same name (New Folder)

I have tried locating it through various searches in the file explorer, (hidden files was checked)

I have also tried to change the default naming template from the Regedit to New Folder, but that doesn't seem to do anything

still pops up as New Folder(2)

The only reference I have to this folder is this pop-up message that appears when I try to rename to New Folder.

https://preview.redd.it/a8hxsfjp3px...bp&s=8923b1076fe9b8285b5f6802808e588bba915ef5

I wish to find this folder and delete/rename it because my OCD has been burning my insides for years now.

submitted by /u/AblazeTheCore
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AblazeTheCore, Nov 6, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

New folder creation

Hi Marlon,

One possible cause why you may have an issue creating folder is, can be due to corruptions. To better isolate your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when you try to create a folder?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Nov 6, 2020
  4. New Folder Creation

creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

New Folder Creation

1. New Folder Creation - Similar Threads - Folder Creation

2. Some files and folders with wrong creation dates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some files and folders with wrong creation dates.: I'm a windows 11 pro user. I have installed the OS to a new Drive on August 2023, But there is an empty folder called perflogs which's creation date is 6/5/2021 and also there are some files in the windows folder which has nonsense creation dates like 6/5/2021, 2/23/2017,...
  3. Some files and folders with wrong creation dates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some files and folders with wrong creation dates.: I'm a windows 11 pro user. I have installed the OS to a new Drive on August 2023, But there is an empty folder called perflogs which's creation date is 6/5/2021 and also there are some files in the windows folder which has nonsense creation dates like 6/5/2021, 2/23/2017,...
  4. AUTO-CREATION OF "XboxGames" FOLDER ON STARTUP OF MY PC

AUTO-CREATION OF "XboxGames" FOLDER ON STARTUP OF MY PC: hi, so i downloaded efootball23 from microsoft store in pc few days ago to test it for the first time. my laptop didn't meet 2 of the system requirements so i uninstalled the game after a few minutes of laggy gameplay. during that time i had to create an xbox account of the...
  5. AUTO-CREATION OF "XboxGames" FOLDER ON STARTUP OF MY PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AUTO-CREATION OF "XboxGames" FOLDER ON STARTUP OF MY PC: hi, so i downloaded efootball23 from microsoft store in pc few days ago to test it for the first time. my laptop didn't meet 2 of the system requirements so i uninstalled the game after a few minutes of laggy gameplay. during that time i had to create an xbox account of the...
  6. AUTO-CREATION OF "XboxGames" FOLDER ON STARTUP OF MY PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Configure user folder name on user creation, NOT with display name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Configure user folder name on user creation, NOT with display name: Office 365 organization with several users, we use some extended characters for user names, like call it to a designer optionIssue, as a user creates an account within windows, the user folder gets name after the display name, not after de user email, and that's seems a bug,...
  8. Configure user folder name on user creation, NOT with display name

Configure user folder name on user creation, NOT with display name: Office 365 organization with several users, we use some extended characters for user names, like call it to a designer optionIssue, as a user creates an account within windows, the user folder gets name after the display name, not after de user email, and that's seems a bug,...
  9. folder creation and sharing, i want to create an admin user that have only permission to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    folder creation and sharing, i want to create an admin user that have only permission to...: Hi,I have an issue related to folder creation and sharing, i want to create an admin user that have only permission to modify folders and file but not have domain admin access.He can create delete share files and folders.Please help....
  10. folder creation and sharing, i want to create an admin user that have only permission to...

folder creation and sharing, i want to create an admin user that have only permission to...: Hi,I have an issue related to folder creation and sharing, i want to create an admin user that have only permission to modify folders and file but not have domain admin access.He can create delete share files and folders.Please help....