Windows 10: new folder delay 30 seconds

Discus and support new folder delay 30 seconds in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I right click and choose 'new folder' it now takes 30 seconds for it to complete that task. It just seems to go dead until it finally gives me the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DoyleAllen, Dec 23, 2018.

1. new folder delay 30 seconds

When I right click and choose 'new folder' it now takes 30 seconds for it to complete that task. It just seems to go dead until it finally gives me the new folder I requested. This started after this last major windows update 2 days ago. I have Windows 10.

Thanks for any help on this new problem.

Merry Christmas. Hope you have a good whatever you celebrate.

Doyle

:)

DoyleAllen, Dec 23, 2018

2. Renaming and creating new folders crashes for 30 seconds

Hello Oliver,

• Can you let us know what hat happens when you try performing Safe Boot?
    • Also can you try creating new folders for testing purpose on other drivers?
    As well try performing Clean boot by following the steps I have provided in the earlier post.

Let us know the results so that we can help you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 23, 2018
  3. vernvan Win User
    Delay on file explorer operations of about 2 to 3 seconds

I have an annoying delay on the use of my computer since upgrading to Windows 10. The most obvious place is when using the file explorer. I get a 2 to 3 second delay on most operations. These would include: dragging a file into a folder, renaming a file, naming a new folder, etc. When I drag a file into a folder, it does not sort the new file, but the file stays at the bottom of the list. Pretty annoying. I see this same delay in quite a few operations.

I have an i7-2700K processor, 16GB ram, a 250 GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro along with a 2 TB storage drive with ample space on both. I did not have this delay in Windows 7 that I upgraded from.

vernvan, Dec 23, 2018
  4. new folder delay 30 seconds

Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

new folder delay 30 seconds

1. new folder delay 30 seconds - Similar Threads - folder delay seconds

2. 30 second delay when printing documents to print server

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    30 second delay when printing documents to print server: We have an issue that seems to have started over the last month or so. Client machines are running W10 21H1, print server is running Windows Server 2016 Datacenter 1607.*Any* print jobs sent to *any* printer tested with Canons, Konicas and HPs have around a 30 second delay...
  3. 30 second delay when printing documents to print server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    30 second delay when printing documents to print server: We have an issue that seems to have started over the last month or so. Client machines are running W10 21H1, print server is running Windows Server 2016 Datacenter 1607.*Any* print jobs sent to *any* printer tested with Canons, Konicas and HPs have around a 30 second delay...
  4. 30 second delay when printing documents to print server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Startup, 20-30 second delay before login screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Startup, 20-30 second delay before login screen: Background, I just removed an NVideo card from my machine, and reverted to Intel Graphics i7-6700k cpu.After the switch I see the system boots fine, I see the Window pane graphic and the rotating circle, then the screen flashes and goes light gray for 20-30 seconds... and...
  6. Annoying audio delay for 2 seconds after at least 30 seconds of no sound played

Annoying audio delay for 2 seconds after at least 30 seconds of no sound played: I bought a new fresh Lenovo Ideapad S340 which everything seems to be pretty fine at first until i connected my headphones. My computer's audio have a silent 2 second delay that is caused after leaving the pc to not play any sound or any video in the system for at least 30...
  7. A 20 second delay to select 'New'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A 20 second delay to select 'New': On my desktop using Windows 10 Education v.1809 After I right-click to ' open context menu', then move my pointer to 'New', there is a 20 second delay to wait until 'Folder' shows in the sub context menu. This is very abnormal and I need help to fix it....
  8. Windows 10 New Folder on desktop delay

Windows 10 New Folder on desktop delay: Windows Version: 10 Pro, 1809 When I right click on the desktop & hover over new, there is about a 5 second delay before the options appear. Anyone know how to fix this?...
  9. File explorer takes 30'' (seconds) to create a new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer takes 30'' (seconds) to create a new folder: Hi, as in the title file explorer takes 30'' to create a new folder, is there a solution to this? I have already verified that the disk is not "sleeping" when I create the folder. This happens to me with both ssd and spinning drives, on different pc ( HP and Asus) and also...
  10. Right click on folder/file 30 second delay + Settings & Task Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click on folder/file 30 second delay + Settings & Task Manager: I have recently installed windows 10, really stuck with this one, everytime I rightclick I feel myself getting a little older. It's not only the right click by the way, windows 10 settings takes just as long to open along with task mamanger. Microsoft Edge has disappeared...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new folder delay

2. delay new folder

3. new folder lag

4. delay in creating new folders windows,
  5. when I click new folder it takes 30 seconds tp appear,
  6. 30 second lag in accessing a network drive,
  7. delay creating new folder