Windows 10: New Folder does not work

Discus and support New Folder does not work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All of a sudden I cannot make a new folder. Either in a current folder or right click on desktop. When I right cclick on the desktop there is NO "new"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Graham Laughlan, Jan 14, 2019.

1. New Folder does not work

All of a sudden I cannot make a new folder. Either in a current folder or right click on desktop. When I right cclick on the desktop there is NO "new" button I can click on. This has just started overnight. I have not installed anything and I have restarted but it makes no difference.

Can anybody help?

:)

Graham Laughlan, Jan 14, 2019

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Jan 14, 2019
  3. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 14, 2019
  4. gudiya#1 Win User

New Folder does not work

creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Thanks, the step you mentioned

Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.
    • Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

It's working for me. But my new folder option is not working anywhere not in desktop as well as not in file explorer. Whenever I am placing my cursor on new folder option, its first spinning for few seconds then goes to close the file
    explorer and refresh the desktop once.

gudiya#1, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

New Folder does not work

1. New Folder does not work - Similar Threads - Folder does

2. Does there need to be a shortcut to OneDrive inside the Documents folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does there need to be a shortcut to OneDrive inside the Documents folder?: My Documents folder resides on OneDrive and locally on drive G: OneDrive. Why is there a shortcut to the OneDrive folder inside my Documents folder? Is this just some remaining debris after I removed OneDrive from my PC and then reloaded it everything is working fine now.....
  3. Does there need to be a shortcut to OneDrive inside the Documents folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does there need to be a shortcut to OneDrive inside the Documents folder?: My Documents folder resides on OneDrive and locally on drive G: OneDrive. Why is there a shortcut to the OneDrive folder inside my Documents folder? Is this just some remaining debris after I removed OneDrive from my PC and then reloaded it everything is working fine now.....
  4. Changing to windows 10 from windows 7. Does folder structure in my documents/app data...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing to windows 10 from windows 7. Does folder structure in my documents/app data...: Hi all,So after many years, I decided to switch to Win 10, mostly due to a GPU upgrade.I have accumulated a ton of profiles and settings in both, my documents and application data folders.Can I safely copy the whole application data folder, after Win 10 installation or...
  5. Changing to windows 10 from windows 7. Does folder structure in my documents/app data...

Changing to windows 10 from windows 7. Does folder structure in my documents/app data...: Hi all,So after many years, I decided to switch to Win 10, mostly due to a GPU upgrade.I have accumulated a ton of profiles and settings in both, my documents and application data folders.Can I safely copy the whole application data folder, after Win 10 installation or...
  6. Changing to windows 10 from windows 7. Does folder structure in my documents/app data...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Folder That Does Not Exist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder That Does Not Exist: I download multiples archives through, but during the process, I delete some of it. And now, there are folders that exist and I simply can't delete them, and they hinder all file transfers. When I try to delete them, Windows says it can't find the folder, even though it shows...
  8. Folder That Does Not Exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder That Does Not Exist: I download multiples archives through, but during the process, I delete some of it. And now, there are folders that exist and I simply can't delete them, and they hinder all file transfers. When I try to delete them, Windows says it can't find the folder, even though it shows...
  9. Folder That Does Not Exist

10. Why does my computer keep installing amsdk.sys in my drivers folder?

Why does my computer keep installing amsdk.sys in my drivers folder?: I keep getting an error that a driver cannot load because my memory integrity is turned on and to disable it in order to load the driver.... the thing is I have NO IDEA why this driver is there in the first place. Reading up it claims to be Advanced Malware Protection from...