Windows 10: New folder isn't working as expected

Discus and support New folder isn't working as expected in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For some reason, every folder I try to create in c drive/desktop, doesn't happen in d drive needs admin access. The option to create next txt document,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by the lost red orb, Jun 26, 2021.

1. New folder isn't working as expected

For some reason, every folder I try to create in c drive/desktop, doesn't happen in d drive needs admin access. The option to create next txt document, ms word document, compressed zipped folder is gone too. Although I am using an admin account and admins can write/modify/have full control over files in c drive, Idk why I should be facing this issue. Pls lmk how to fix it. Thanks

:)

the lost red orb, Jun 26, 2021

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jun 26, 2021
  3. Jakub578 Win User
    Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Jun 26, 2021
  4. New folder isn't working as expected

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jun 26, 2021
Thema:

New folder isn't working as expected

1. New folder isn't working as expected - Similar Threads - folder isn't working

2. "New" Minseweeper is not working as expected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "New" Minseweeper is not working as expected: Hello thereI was playing minesweeper for a long time enjoyed it in most versions so far. On Windows 10 Home with all the latest updates that were available i was playing it mostly in adventure mode. 2-3 days ago it was "upgraded" to a "newer" version. At the first launch of...
  3. "New" Minseweeper is not working as expected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "New" Minseweeper is not working as expected: Hello thereI was playing minesweeper for a long time enjoyed it in most versions so far. On Windows 10 Home with all the latest updates that were available i was playing it mostly in adventure mode. 2-3 days ago it was "upgraded" to a "newer" version. At the first launch of...
  4. Backup not working as expected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup not working as expected: Hi, I have W'10, and two external drives that I backup selected sub-directories to.The problem seems to have started when I added by second physical backup drive Drive_T and Drive_S.When I was staying with Drive_T only, backup worked fine. But now when I switch from Drive_T...
  5. Folder customization not working as expected in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder customization not working as expected in Windows 11: There are actually two issues. The first one leads to the second. I rip music to my MUSIC folder under my user profile. Here it is in a predefined folder type of "MUSIC" with a predefined view. If I copy the files to a a sub-folder under the MUSIC folder I get another "MUSIC...
  6. Folder customization not working as expected in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder customization not working as expected in Windows 11: There are actually two issues. The first one leads to the second. I rip music to my MUSIC folder under my user profile. Here it is in a predefined folder type of "MUSIC" with a predefined view. If I copy the files to a a sub-folder under the MUSIC folder I get another "MUSIC...
  7. New folder not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    New folder not working: I am so scared that the new folder is not working, the problem i have did is that i have opened dropbox and I have set upped it and I stopped it at middle, and full desktop is in control of dropbox, after few when i was removing unnecessary waste, I deleted the folder...
  8. Workgroup not working as expected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Workgroup not working as expected: Hi all I am having trouble getting my workgroup to work properly between my pc (ethernet) and laptop (wifi). My PC can see the shared folders from the laptop, but the laptop cannot see the shared folders from the PC. I note that under the network folder my laptop can see...
  9. [Solved] "Right click > New > Folder" isn't working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [Solved] "Right click > New > Folder" isn't working properly: Idk when but today when i try to create a new folder it just prompt me to create a shortcut although i did made sure that i didn't accidentally click it...
  10. "Right click > New > Folder" isn't working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Right click > New > Folder" isn't working properly: Idk when but today when i try to create a new folder it just prompt me to create a shortcut although i did made sure that i didn't accidentally click it...