Windows 10: New folder problem

Discus and support New folder problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have had this issue on my Win10 Machine for a while now. Whenever I create a new folder, anywhere on the pc it is automatically named New Folder (2),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AblazeTheCore, Oct 25, 2020.

1. New folder problem

I have had this issue on my Win10 Machine for a while now. Whenever I create a new folder, anywhere on the pc it is automatically named New Folder (2), which is what it should be named if you already have folder named New folder. I have checked all of my drives, all my folders, used Win Search but I could not find any "New folder". It is really fraustrating, anyone has any idea why this is happening?

submitted by /u/AblazeTheCore
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AblazeTheCore, Oct 25, 2020

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Oct 25, 2020
  4. enso Win User

New folder problem

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

New folder problem

1. New folder problem - Similar Threads - folder problem

2. Shared printer problem but not shared folder issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared printer problem but not shared folder issue: Hi, I have a Win7pro PC that shares HP Officejet 800 on a local network. It's a small office of 6 Windows10 machines. The Win7pro machine has also a shared folder in case anyone would like to drop off the file to it and print it off the machine. All of it works well with...
  3. How to fix the problem "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same...

How to fix the problem "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same...: My WindowsC: drive is running out of space, and I have a lot of programs. When I try to move the 'Documents' folder, I receive an error that says,'Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected.' I looked online for ways to fix...
  4. 2020 and ctrl-z problem deleting folders continues

2020 and ctrl-z problem deleting folders continues: Hello, I've seen posts about this problem since at least 2014. How it continues? I copy files from my phone to my pc. Remove files from phone. Accidentally hit ctrl-z outside my work in progress and every file i just copied from my phone disappear. Already tested softwares...
  5. OneDrive Removal - Default Folders Problem

OneDrive Removal - Default Folders Problem: I have uninstalled OneDrive but find that the OneDrive folder / directory remains, under which there is the default folders for music, documents and pictures. I would like to ask if it is possible to remove the OneDrive folder completely, and if so what happens to all those...
  6. Folder Creation problem.

Folder Creation problem.: I have been running Windows 10 on a Lenovo desktop for many years. Recently, I could no longer create new folders on the desktop by right clicking or in File Explorer. Nothing happens. Over the past week I have tried multiple fixes that I have found on various support...
  7. Problem Moving default Picture Folder and using OneDrive Backup Function

Problem Moving default Picture Folder and using OneDrive Backup Function: Hi, my setup: OneDrive default location on c:\ small ssd custom picture folder on d:\ a lot of disc space I have successfully 'moved' i.e. set a new path my default Win 10 Picture folder from the small ssd under c:\ to the larger d:\ drive both separate physical drives....
  8. Problem about changing the name of the Users folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem about changing the name of the Users folder: The name of my Users folder is the first 5 letters of the email I used to create my Microsoft account. This is obviously very annoying and I absolutely hate it. I searched around and I found that you can't directly rename it, but you have to create a new local account with...
  9. Temp files/folder problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temp files/folder problem.: There's a problem with my Mom's temp folder in %appdata%/Local/Temp. I can't print anything or save MS Paint files on her laptop. I can mitigate that problem by renaming the current temp folder or deleting it, and creating a new one. It works, but only until you turn the...
  10. Folder permissions problems, please HELP!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder permissions problems, please HELP!: I accidentally denied myself from using one of my folders. When I try to give my rights back it says I can't, because I have no rights. When I changed permissions I changed admin's permissions. So any idea how can I get use it again? submitted by /u/Saksamies [link]...