Windows 10: New Folder

Discus and support New Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am unable to create a new folder on my desktop using any method ie right click, File Explorer, Ctrl+Shift+N... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SusanLadoucer, May 9, 2019.

1. New Folder

I am unable to create a new folder on my desktop using any method ie right click, File Explorer, Ctrl+Shift+N

:)

SusanLadoucer, May 9, 2019

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, May 9, 2019
  3. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 9, 2019
  4. New Folder

Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, May 9, 2019
Thema:

New Folder

1. New Folder - Similar Threads - Folder

2. Need advice for delete undeleteable files/folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need advice for delete undeleteable files/folders: Hi guys I ran into issue with the Wacom tablet driver, that I want to uninstall then reinstall ItAfter manually uninstall software driver in Control Panel >> Programs >> Uninstall a program It seems that there are some of remaining Wacom utility files still working in the...
  3. Need advice for delete undeleteable files/folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need advice for delete undeleteable files/folders: Hi guys I ran into issue with the Wacom tablet driver, that I want to uninstall then reinstall ItAfter manually uninstall software driver in Control Panel >> Programs >> Uninstall a program It seems that there are some of remaining Wacom utility files still working in the...
  4. What is sentry folder in %appdata%/local?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is sentry folder in %appdata%/local?: What is the folder named sentry in my appdata/local?is it safe to delete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-sentry-folder-in-appdatalocal/8b60627c-6f3b-4c78-bab1-8da24e297943
  5. What is sentry folder in %appdata%/local?

What is sentry folder in %appdata%/local?: What is the folder named sentry in my appdata/local?is it safe to delete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-sentry-folder-in-appdatalocal/8b60627c-6f3b-4c78-bab1-8da24e297943
  6. I accidentally merged the Downloads Folder and the Videos folder while redirecting location...

I accidentally merged the Downloads Folder and the Videos folder while redirecting location...: I accidentally merged the Downloads folder with the Videos folder while redirecting the location of the folders from the C:/ to D:/ drives. I can't use File History to restore it. I can't move them back to previous locations or restore the folders to previous versions. I also...
  7. I accidentally merged the Downloads Folder and the Videos folder while redirecting location...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally merged the Downloads Folder and the Videos folder while redirecting location...: I accidentally merged the Downloads folder with the Videos folder while redirecting the location of the folders from the C:/ to D:/ drives. I can't use File History to restore it. I can't move them back to previous locations or restore the folders to previous versions. I also...
  8. When I use the snipping tool, it doesn't show notifications, nor does it go to my folder????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I use the snipping tool, it doesn't show notifications, nor does it go to my folder????: I try to use the snipping tool, and it works fine, except it doesn't go to my corresponding folder [pictures] and it doesn't pop a a notification! I have my notis turned on, help????????...
  9. When I use the snipping tool, it doesn't show notifications, nor does it go to my folder????

When I use the snipping tool, it doesn't show notifications, nor does it go to my folder????: I try to use the snipping tool, and it works fine, except it doesn't go to my corresponding folder [pictures] and it doesn't pop a a notification! I have my notis turned on, help????????...
  10. DELETE A FOLDERS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DELETE A FOLDERS: I CANT DELETE SOME FOLDER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-folders/f3753170-dd5b-4313-939d-847298c58cc0