Windows 10: New Folder

Discus and support New Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have lost the ability to make a new fold on desktop. When I click new folder I get <%3 NULL:Opt Text> What does this mean and what do I do to correct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ben Daniels, Nov 16, 2017.

1. New Folder

I have lost the ability to make a new fold on desktop. When I click new folder I get <%3 NULL:Opt Text> What does this mean and what do I do to correct and get the ability to create a new desktop folder
    Thanks
    Ben

:)

Ben Daniels, Nov 16, 2017

2. new folder

So if you right-click and select New > Folder in Explorer, it creates 4 New folders? What are their names? And where are you trying to create folders?

Might be better if you upload a screenshot of what you see after creating a folder.

RobertJWin, Nov 16, 2017
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    New folder

Hello Russell,

The issue is possibly related to the restrictions set on your device. To isolate the issue, we would like you to answer the following questions:

• What happens when you right click a folder in File Explorer?
    • Can you include a
      screenshot
      ?
    • Does the issue occur in all folders?
    • Do you see a New folder button when you click Home in File Explorer?
    • Which
      Windows 10 build and version
      is installed on your device?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Nov 16, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

New Folder

dalchina, Nov 16, 2017
Thema:

New Folder

1. New Folder - Similar Threads - Folder

2. Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing When Creating New Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing When Creating New Folders: DescriptionA problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: AppHangB1Application Name: explorer.exeApplication Version: 10.0.19041.4239Application Timestamp: 4202072eHang...
  3. Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing When Creating New Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing When Creating New Folders: DescriptionA problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: AppHangB1Application Name: explorer.exeApplication Version: 10.0.19041.4239Application Timestamp: 4202072eHang...
  4. Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing When Creating New Folders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Is it ok to modify Windows users/groups permissions for a specific folder/ files on an EC2...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it ok to modify Windows users/groups permissions for a specific folder/ files on an EC2...: There are these folders and files which are used as logs. Is it possible to change these following Windows users / groups permissions for better security?NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller:IF NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller:IOICIIOF NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:IF NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:IOICIIOF...
  6. Is it ok to modify Windows users/groups permissions for a specific folder/ files on an EC2...

Is it ok to modify Windows users/groups permissions for a specific folder/ files on an EC2...: There are these folders and files which are used as logs. Is it possible to change these following Windows users / groups permissions for better security?NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller:IF NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller:IOICIIOF NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:IF NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:IOICIIOF...
  7. Is it ok to modify Windows users/groups permissions for a specific folder/ files on an EC2...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. How do I open a .pages folder in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I open a .pages folder in Windows 11?: I could not find the answer to this anywhere. Instead of a .pages file, somehow I have a .pages folder in my hard drive when I backed things up. Now I have no idea how to open it in my Windows 11 PC, because all the solutions are for .pages files. I've attached copies of the...
  9. How do I open a .pages folder in Windows 11?

How do I open a .pages folder in Windows 11?: I could not find the answer to this anywhere. Instead of a .pages file, somehow I have a .pages folder in my hard drive when I backed things up. Now I have no idea how to open it in my Windows 11 PC, because all the solutions are for .pages files. I've attached copies of the...
  10. Issue with Unwanted Folder Creation on Alternate Drive

Issue with Unwanted Folder Creation on Alternate Drive: Recently, I have been facing an unusual problem where certain folders are being created on an alternate drive in my system, specifically within the directories of "ProgramFiles," "WindowsApp," and "XboxGames." Despite numerous attempts, including reformatting the disk and...