Windows 10: New folder

Discus and support New folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can add a new folder but my son can't on the same computer. Why would his windows account be preventing this but mine isn't?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeffParker8, Feb 22, 2021.

1. New folder

I can add a new folder but my son can't on the same computer. Why would his windows account be preventing this but mine isn't?

:)

JeffParker8, Feb 22, 2021

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Feb 22, 2021
  3. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 22, 2021
  4. New folder

Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

New folder

1. New folder - Similar Threads - folder

2. Compressing parent container of a .vscode folder will ignore it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Compressing parent container of a .vscode folder will ignore it.: Hello everyone,as I was compressing my code project parent folder named Project that contains:- Folder: .vscode- Folder: bin- Folder: lib- Folder: source- File: README.mdI soon noticed that the folder named .vscode was ignored. As this one contains the launch.json and...
  3. Compressing parent container of a .vscode folder will ignore it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compressing parent container of a .vscode folder will ignore it.: Hello everyone,as I was compressing my code project parent folder named Project that contains:- Folder: .vscode- Folder: bin- Folder: lib- Folder: source- File: README.mdI soon noticed that the folder named .vscode was ignored. As this one contains the launch.json and...
  4. Compressing parent container of a .vscode folder will ignore it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive wouldn't upload folders during sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive wouldn't upload folders during sync: There has been issues with my onedrive not uploading up folders but can download from the Shared Company OnceDrive. When OneDrive syncs, it only downloads, but does not upload new information/data from my workstation...
  6. OneDrive wouldn't upload folders during sync

OneDrive wouldn't upload folders during sync: There has been issues with my onedrive not uploading up folders but can download from the Shared Company OnceDrive. When OneDrive syncs, it only downloads, but does not upload new information/data from my workstation...
  7. Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...: Just recently, I took the time to declutter my downloads folder by deleting a bunch of unnecessary files. However, it seems that as a consequence, some of my icons’ textures have gone missing. Now I’m wondering what steps I should take to address this issue....
  8. Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...

Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...: Just recently, I took the time to declutter my downloads folder by deleting a bunch of unnecessary files. However, it seems that as a consequence, some of my icons’ textures have gone missing. Now I’m wondering what steps I should take to address this issue....
  9. why cant i open windows apps folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why cant i open windows apps folder: when I open the windows apps folder an error pops up saying:you dont currently have permission to access this folderclick continue to permanently get access to this foldercontinue cancelI am a administrator on my pc and idk how to send imagesPls help...
  10. why cant i open windows apps folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cant i open windows apps folder: when I open the windows apps folder an error pops up saying:you dont currently have permission to access this folderclick continue to permanently get access to this foldercontinue cancelI am a administrator on my pc and idk how to send imagesPls help...