Windows 10: New folders are created in the OneDrive directory, how to change this?

Discus and support New folders are created in the OneDrive directory, how to change this? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I've had Windows 10 final release installed on my pc for a couple of days, and it has been proving a quite good experience. I just came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by J0nDaFr3aK, Aug 2, 2015.

1. New folders are created in the OneDrive directory, how to change this?

Hi everyone,
    I've had Windows 10 final release installed on my pc for a couple of days, and it has been proving a quite good experience. I just came across something though. I was editing a cpp file in Notepad++ and wanted to save it to a newly created folder in Documents. The thing is that, when I click on Save as and then on the New Folder icon, the new folder is placed in OneDrive\Documents. In the folder browser of the "Save as" box, when I select Libraries from the left menu, the local Documents folder and the OneDrive one are displayed, but I don't seem to be able to change the default Documents folder as in Windows 8.1. Is there a way to remove OneDrive from the User folders?

I hope I was clear, English isn't my native language.

EDIT: When I click on "This PC" then "Documents", I can only see the local Documents folder. It happens only when I click on Libraries > Documents

:)

J0nDaFr3aK, Aug 2, 2015
  2. Luke38 Win User

How to actually change the default save location

I understand you can change it in word and tried to point out that I have done that exact thing two times after that clean install. I tried to explaining by the long description that this is not relevant to one program but to the operating system and why
    I thought the question is a Windows setting question.

For example OneDrive has a user environment variable and when I changed the OneDrive autosave to "OneDrive" all my programs that use the documents folder to save start saving to the OneDrive documents folder instead of PC documents folder. However, when
    I change the OneDrive autosave to "This PC Only” instead of going to the documents folder I mentioned I moved it creates a new directory on my OS drive (C:/user/documents).

The question is it possible to actually change the default save locations on my PC? Like the user environment variable for OneDrive.

Luke38, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Folders being created in drives

how I can change directory to create this folder?

Leonardo Fiewski Soares, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

New folders are created in the OneDrive directory, how to change this?

1. New folders are created in the OneDrive directory, how to change this? - Similar Threads - folders are created

2. OneDrive creating New Documents folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive creating New Documents folder.: Hello. I recently decided I don't want to use Onedrive on my PC anymore so I started the process of removing it. The problem I'm running into is some of my gaming folders where stored in documents/onedrive. I copied everything from the folder and deleted the folder but every...
  3. OneDrive creating New Documents folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive creating New Documents folder.: Hello. I recently decided I don't want to use Onedrive on my PC anymore so I started the process of removing it. The problem I'm running into is some of my gaming folders where stored in documents/onedrive. I copied everything from the folder and deleted the folder but every...
  4. Creating a new directory in "This PC"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating a new directory in "This PC": Hello, I am trying to make a new directory to This PC but I can't find much on how to do this.I want to create a new folder here but as I said, I really don't know how to do this....
  5. Windows / OneDrive created a new folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows / OneDrive created a new folder: What caused my PC with OneDrive to create a new Folder on OneDrive called "Recovery"? It contains two subfolders called "Customizations" and "OEM". The "Customizations" folder contains a huge usmt file. I recognize that this is a migration file, but I did not knowingly ask...
  6. How To Create New Folder ...

How To Create New Folder ...: ... and add it to This PC as per image : . [img] 169351
  7. How to Create a Folder Directory

How to Create a Folder Directory: How can I create a list of folders, sub-folders, and files within those folders? Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-folder-directory/700f4fd1-c2fb-470a-ae0a-ea23e770efe6"
  8. OneDrive Creates New Folders

OneDrive Creates New Folders: My OneDrive keeps creating new folders which contain some of my files from another folder. I've inserted a snip of what it does. Some of the files in the folder "Current Grants and Contracts" end up in folders which start with "CURRENT~1~..." I didn't create these folders....
  9. How to change the directory of a folder?

How to change the directory of a folder?: Hi, I am quite stuck right now trying to make it so that i can change the directory of one folder to another. I have researched the web about this but all of the solutions which i have received were only for changing the directory of the User Folder(Desktop, Downloads etc.)...
  10. How to stop OneDrive automatically creating new Documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop OneDrive automatically creating new Documents folder: We have upgraded two PCs and a laptop to Windows 10 and use OneDrive to synchronise certain folders between them all. It seemed to work fine under windows 7. However, under Windows 10, OneDrive insists on creating a new Documents folder under OneDrive - both online and on the...