Windows 10: New Folders Created in my HDD show up on both the HDD root, and desktop screen

Discus and support New Folders Created in my HDD show up on both the HDD root, and desktop screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As title specifies, whenever I create a new folder in my hard drive the same file-not a shortcut-appear on my desktop screen, when I only want it to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Another_MemeLord, Oct 18, 2020.

1. New Folders Created in my HDD show up on both the HDD root, and desktop screen

As title specifies, whenever I create a new folder in my hard drive the same file-not a shortcut-appear on my desktop screen, when I only want it to be confined to my hard drive.

submitted by /u/Another_MemeLord
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Another_MemeLord, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Oct 18, 2020
  4. New Folders Created in my HDD show up on both the HDD root, and desktop screen

HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

New Folders Created in my HDD show up on both the HDD root, and desktop screen

1. New Folders Created in my HDD show up on both the HDD root, and desktop screen - Similar Threads - Folders Created HDD

2. HDD not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD not showing up: Hi, today suddenly my HDD Seagate 500GB that is connected via USB 3.0 to SATA suddenly disappeared and now I am not able to get it back.Both HDD and SATA adapter are in good condition, when I connect HDD it sounds ok, no loud noise or malfunction but still, no signs of it on...
  3. HDD not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD not showing up: Hi, today suddenly my HDD Seagate 500GB that is connected via USB 3.0 to SATA suddenly disappeared and now I am not able to get it back.Both HDD and SATA adapter are in good condition, when I connect HDD it sounds ok, no loud noise or malfunction but still, no signs of it on...
  4. HDD not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. HDD not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My new HDD is not showing up on disk manager, but shows up in BIOs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new HDD is not showing up on disk manager, but shows up in BIOs: Hello, i recently got a new 4TB HDD from western digital's black brand and it's just not showing up anywhere, not as an unknown disk, but just not at all on windows, like it's not even plugged in, even though both sets of SATA cables I used are working properly due to me...
  7. hdd showing up as folder on another hdd. How do I get the hdd back to show up as a hdd on...

hdd showing up as folder on another hdd. How do I get the hdd back to show up as a hdd on...: I have a SSD with partitions C:and D: on it. I also have another hdd with partitions M: and O: on it. The drive M: now shows up as a folder m on drive O: How do I get it back as a seperate partitiom m:...
  8. Folders being created on my gaming HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folders being created on my gaming HDD: [ATTACH] Hi the screenshot below shows my HDD which is only for storing games. For some reason I am getting folders created msdownload.tmp, Program Files, WindowsAPps, WpSystem. Is there a way to permanently remove these files and stop them from being created on this HDD ?...
  9. Cannot Create a Folder HDD

Cannot Create a Folder HDD: [ATTACH] I have a HDD named "Storage A" which I recently noticed that I cannot create or delete folders. This was not an issue before. I noticed this problem when steam games suddenly stopped working and my games are stored on this HDD. When I try to create folder it...
  10. HDD not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD not showing up: Hi! I recently installed a new hard drive in my computer and it only shows up in device manager. I look at disk manager and it does not show up. Please help!...