Windows 10: New Folders from Desktop after 1903 update

Discus and support New Folders from Desktop after 1903 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Cannot, using Rt Clk menu on Desktop (or a Folder0 to get create a New Folder,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeterJohnson1936, Sep 2, 2019.

1. New Folders from Desktop after 1903 update

Cannot, using Rt Clk menu on Desktop (or a Folder0 to get create a New Folder,

:)

PeterJohnson1936, Sep 2, 2019

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 2, 2019
  3. gudiya#1 Win User
    creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Thanks, the step you mentioned

Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.
    • Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

It's working for me. But my new folder option is not working anywhere not in desktop as well as not in file explorer. Whenever I am placing my cursor on new folder option, its first spinning for few seconds then goes to close the file
    explorer and refresh the desktop once.

gudiya#1, Sep 2, 2019
  4. New Folders from Desktop after 1903 update

Not all Hotmail Folders are Updated

MichaelSingapore, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

New Folders from Desktop after 1903 update

1. New Folders from Desktop after 1903 update - Similar Threads - Folders Desktop 1903

2. new folder on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    new folder on desktop: every time I make a new folder on the desktop it places it at the top left corner I have everything organized in a certain way but every time I make a new folder or move something to the desktop it goes to the top left corner and messes up all the organizing i had and i have...
  3. Desktop not loading after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop not loading after 1903 update: Looking for ideas! After updating to 1903, I type my password on the login screen, and then it starts to load into my profile. However the desktop doesn't load. The toolbar and start appears but flickers on and off every second continuously as if it's crashing then...
  4. New Update 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Update 1903: A lot of us don't like the new update with the grayish-white taskbar, and menu. It so distracting it seems no cares for it. Does anyone know how we can let Microsoft know we would like it changed back? Any suggestions? Thanks, Carol...
  5. Delete temporary folders from 1903 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delete temporary folders from 1903 update?: I've just finished updating to 1903 from 1809. However, there are 2 folders that I see left over from the update named "Windows10Upgrade" and "$WINDOWS.~TMP" . Is it now safe to delete these folders?...
  6. Folder security after 1903 update...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Folder security after 1903 update...: The Windows 10 v.1809 had been updated to v.1903. The system has two physical drives, one for Windows (C), the other is for data (E). After the v.1903 update, everything seemed normal, standard user accounts had no issues with accessing the "E" drive and the folders on this...
  7. After UPDATE 1903 - right click is not working on desktop to open *new* folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After UPDATE 1903 - right click is not working on desktop to open *new* folder: I can rightclick on a folder in my desktop. I can rightclick on a tooldbar. BUT when I rightclick on the desktop the entire screen blinks and comes back. THere are many complaints about this problem with a google search. even on this board where one person claims...
  8. New OEM Partition after 1903 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New OEM Partition after 1903 Update: On my laptop, the C and E partitions used to be adjacent. (Don't ask why there's no D partition.) About a week ago, I extended C, using MiniTool Partition Wizard, then I upgraded to 1903. Now there's a hidden OEM recovery partition between C and E. I'd like to extend C again,...
  9. File Explorer will not read a specific folder after update to 1903 from 1809.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer will not read a specific folder after update to 1903 from 1809.: File Explorer will not read a specific folder after the update to 1903 from 1809. I open "File Explorer", scroll down to the folder in question, left click on the folder, the contents (files) display for about 2 seconds then the folder closes and "File Explorer" also...
  10. New Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Desktop Folder: Since the last Windows update I can no longer create a new file by right clicking and selecting new. The options are there but If I try to do that my computer momentarily freezes then nothing happens. Googling this issue shows I am not alone but I have not yet found a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. google not working after update 1903 shortcut

2. on the last window 10 undate 1903 i started getting page fault in nonpage area NETwtw06.sys