Windows 10: new folders in c:

Discus and support new folders in c: in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; so. i just got on my laptop after an update the other day or so (cant remember, when it updates, i set it down then forget about it) i noticed the two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sstewart2967, Jan 31, 2017.

1. new folders in c:

so. i just got on my laptop after an update the other day or so (cant remember, when it updates, i set it down then forget about it) i noticed the two new folders, the top one and bottom...dated the 19th of Jan. any idea what they are? i assume they're not delete-able, along with the windows.old folder. lol
    thanks
    new folders in c: [​IMG]

:)

sstewart2967, Jan 31, 2017

2. issues with auto arrange of files

Last time when I did CTRL + A, it set the focus on the last file in the list, which i can't consistently reproduce. Closed and reopened the folder.. this time I opened the folder I did CTRL + A (before clicking anywhere in the folder) and the selection remained
    at the first file.

Copy as Path results in this case, were in the correct order.

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 1.txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 2.txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 3.txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 4.txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 5.txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 6.txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 7.txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 8.txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 9.txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 10.txt"

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jan 31, 2017
  3. issues with auto arrange of files

Ok. When I select all files, and SHIFT right-click an empty folder area, the last file gets listed first.

Because when you do CTRL+A, the last file seems to be selected..that's where the focus is in.

You can see in the screenshot last file in the list is selected when I do CTRL+A.

It looks like a bug anyway.

Here is what I get.

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (17).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (1).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (2).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (3).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (4).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (5).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (6).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (7).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (8).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (9).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (10).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (11).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (12).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (13).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (14).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (15).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (16).txt"

As I said, it seems to start from the current (selected) file.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jan 31, 2017
  4. asusG Win User

new folders in c:

one on bottom w10 upgrade is self explanatory.

asusG, Jan 31, 2017
  5. mrgeek Win User
    The one at the top contains your previous Windows install files, similar to Windows.old in prev versions (you'll have both in the newest upgrade). Do not delete it for a few days in case you need to roll back due to an unexpected issue. It will delete itself after 10 days or if you're sure that the upgrade is running properly, you can delete it yourself running disk cleanup, as prev suggested, and get back the space.

mrgeek, Jan 31, 2017
  6. thanks to all for the advice.

sstewart2967, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

new folders in c:

1. new folders in c: - Similar Threads - folders

2. Windows update just defaulted my windows folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update just defaulted my windows folder: I did a windows update today, and it made a ''windows.old'' folder from what im assuming was my windows folder, and created a new one. Is this normal? It also defaulted a bunch of things i had changed in my windows settings. submitted by /u/pipjersey [link] [comments]...
  3. Does anyone have tried to move users folder to another drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone have tried to move users folder to another drive?: What method did you use and did you have any problems after that with system stability or other issues? submitted by /u/evolution800 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lttqts/does_anyone_have_tried_to_move_users_folder_to/
  4. USER FOLDER NAME CHANGED TO VIDEOS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USER FOLDER NAME CHANGED TO VIDEOS: I really messed up everything today while trying to change game dvr storage location. Now My username folder shows up as video. I have attached the images with the contents of the "videos" folder which has the content of my user folder. Game dvr seems to be storing files...
  5. Prompt users to move Windows known folders to OneDrive on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Prompt users to move Windows known folders to OneDrive on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to show all the client users a notification to move Windows […] This article Prompt users to move Windows known folders to OneDrive on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. How to automatically backup files & folders on Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 News
    How to automatically backup files & folders on Windows 10 computer: [ATTACH]We never know when our hard drive will stop work and we lose our […] This article How to automatically backup files & folders on Windows 10 computer first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. I know that you need all vs studio c++ distros but can i uninstall/move the installer's folder?

I know that you need all vs studio c++ distros but can i uninstall/move the installer's folder?: I know that you need the installer of an app in case the app is damaged and you need to repair the app but can i move the installer. The issue i have is, can i move this folder encircled in red from these protected folders in windowsbelow is the image of what I'm...
  8. Script for quick folder access

Script for quick folder access: Good day everyone, Please accept my apologies in advance if this topic have already been discussed in the forum. I couldn't find anything to help me, so I I thought to ask. I am looking for a simple solution where a folders can be access quickly. I am not talking for a...
  9. Quick access to folders

Quick access to folders: Good day everyone, Please accept my apologies in advance if this topic have already been discussed in the forum. I couldn't find anything to help me, so I I thought to ask. I am looking for a simple solution where a folders can be access quickly. I am not talking for a...
  10. Deleted some Important windows files in system32 folder.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted some Important windows files in system32 folder.: I messed up with some files in windows32 and now I'm not able to use windows 10 properly, I can't even open images or videos, cant save more stuff. I tried factory reset, but it says *No changes were made*....