Windows 10: new folders in c:

Discus and support new folders in c: in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; so. i just got on my laptop after an update the other day or so (cant remember, when it updates, i set it down then forget about it) i noticed the two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sstewart2967, Jan 31, 2017.

1. new folders in c:

so. i just got on my laptop after an update the other day or so (cant remember, when it updates, i set it down then forget about it) i noticed the two new folders, the top one and bottom...dated the 19th of Jan. any idea what they are? i assume they're not delete-able, along with the windows.old folder. lol
    thanks
    new folders in c: [​IMG]

:)

sstewart2967, Jan 31, 2017

2. issues with auto arrange of files

Last time when I did CTRL + A, it set the focus on the last file in the list, which i can't consistently reproduce. Closed and reopened the folder.. this time I opened the folder I did CTRL + A (before clicking anywhere in the folder) and the selection remained
    at the first file.

Copy as Path results in this case, were in the correct order.

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 1.txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 2.txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 3.txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 4.txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 5.txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 6.txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 7.txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 8.txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 9.txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 10.txt"

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jan 31, 2017
  3. issues with auto arrange of files

Ok. When I select all files, and SHIFT right-click an empty folder area, the last file gets listed first.

Because when you do CTRL+A, the last file seems to be selected..that's where the focus is in.

You can see in the screenshot last file in the list is selected when I do CTRL+A.

It looks like a bug anyway.

Here is what I get.

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (17).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (1).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (2).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (3).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (4).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (5).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (6).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (7).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (8).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (9).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (10).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (11).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (12).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (13).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (14).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (15).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (16).txt"

As I said, it seems to start from the current (selected) file.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jan 31, 2017
  4. asusG Win User

new folders in c:

one on bottom w10 upgrade is self explanatory.

asusG, Jan 31, 2017
  5. mrgeek Win User
    The one at the top contains your previous Windows install files, similar to Windows.old in prev versions (you'll have both in the newest upgrade). Do not delete it for a few days in case you need to roll back due to an unexpected issue. It will delete itself after 10 days or if you're sure that the upgrade is running properly, you can delete it yourself running disk cleanup, as prev suggested, and get back the space.

mrgeek, Jan 31, 2017
  6. thanks to all for the advice.

sstewart2967, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

new folders in c:

1. new folders in c: - Similar Threads - folders

2. My documents folder links to OneDrive instead of the local one. The local one doesn't seem...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My documents folder links to OneDrive instead of the local one. The local one doesn't seem...: I've recently unlinked my microsoft account from my PC, but when I open my documents folder, the path is "C:/Users/My Username/my OneDrive folder/Documents" and I want to revert it, how can I do it?Obs: My account is unlinked from OneDrive on the PC....
  3. My documents folder links to OneDrive instead of the local one. The local one doesn't seem...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My documents folder links to OneDrive instead of the local one. The local one doesn't seem...: I've recently unlinked my microsoft account from my PC, but when I open my documents folder, the path is "C:/Users/My Username/my OneDrive folder/Documents" and I want to revert it, how can I do it?Obs: My account is unlinked from OneDrive on the PC....
  4. My documents folder links to OneDrive instead of the local one. The local one doesn't seem...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Found Answer - How to Pin Local Pictures folder to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Found Answer - How to Pin Local Pictures folder to Quick Access: This was in response to this post, which was sadly locked: Windows 11, Version 22H2: How do I pin my local Documents folder to - Microsoft CommunityI had the same question myself, which was a problem with pinning my local Pictures folder to quick access instead of the...
  6. Found Answer - How to Pin Local Pictures folder to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Found Answer - How to Pin Local Pictures folder to Quick Access: This was in response to this post, which was sadly locked: Windows 11, Version 22H2: How do I pin my local Documents folder to - Microsoft CommunityI had the same question myself, which was a problem with pinning my local Pictures folder to quick access instead of the...
  7. Found Answer - How to Pin Local Pictures folder to Quick Access

8. Found Answer - How to Pin Local Pictures folder to Quick Access

9. Downloads Folder not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Folder not opening: My downloads folder opens and closes after loading. I have too many big files inside the folder. How can I delete unwanted files without opening downloads folders?...
  10. Downloads Folder not opening

Downloads Folder not opening: My downloads folder opens and closes after loading. I have too many big files inside the folder. How can I delete unwanted files without opening downloads folders?...