Windows 10: new folders in c:

Discus and support new folders in c: in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; so. i just got on my laptop after an update the other day or so (cant remember, when it updates, i set it down then forget about it) i noticed the two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sstewart2967, Jan 31, 2017.

1. new folders in c:

so. i just got on my laptop after an update the other day or so (cant remember, when it updates, i set it down then forget about it) i noticed the two new folders, the top one and bottom...dated the 19th of Jan. any idea what they are? i assume they're not delete-able, along with the windows.old folder. lol
    thanks
    new folders in c: [​IMG]

:)

sstewart2967, Jan 31, 2017

2. issues with auto arrange of files

Last time when I did CTRL + A, it set the focus on the last file in the list, which i can't consistently reproduce. Closed and reopened the folder.. this time I opened the folder I did CTRL + A (before clicking anywhere in the folder) and the selection remained
    at the first file.

Copy as Path results in this case, were in the correct order.

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 1.txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 2.txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 3.txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 4.txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 5.txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 6.txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 7.txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 8.txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 9.txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document 10.txt"

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jan 31, 2017
  3. issues with auto arrange of files

Ok. When I select all files, and SHIFT right-click an empty folder area, the last file gets listed first.

Because when you do CTRL+A, the last file seems to be selected..that's where the focus is in.

You can see in the screenshot last file in the list is selected when I do CTRL+A.

It looks like a bug anyway.

Here is what I get.

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (17).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (1).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (2).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (3).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (4).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (5).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (6).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (7).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (8).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (9).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (10).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (11).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (12).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (13).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (14).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (15).txt"

"C:\Users\Ramesh\Desktop\New folder\New Text Document - Copy (16).txt"

As I said, it seems to start from the current (selected) file.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jan 31, 2017
  4. asusG Win User

new folders in c:

one on bottom w10 upgrade is self explanatory.

asusG, Jan 31, 2017
  5. mrgeek Win User
    The one at the top contains your previous Windows install files, similar to Windows.old in prev versions (you'll have both in the newest upgrade). Do not delete it for a few days in case you need to roll back due to an unexpected issue. It will delete itself after 10 days or if you're sure that the upgrade is running properly, you can delete it yourself running disk cleanup, as prev suggested, and get back the space.

mrgeek, Jan 31, 2017
  6. thanks to all for the advice.

sstewart2967, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

new folders in c:

1. new folders in c: - Similar Threads - folders

2. How do I make Screenshots go straight into my Screenshot folder like they used to?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make Screenshots go straight into my Screenshot folder like they used to?: until recently I could take a screenshot and it went directly into my Screenshot folder without having to paste it somewhere else and save it. How do I restore it to make it automatically go there again please?...
  3. idk if this is false positive because it says its in my steamgames folder but i need help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    idk if this is false positive because it says its in my steamgames folder but i need help: this is the screenshot it says its a trojan virus/ severe [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/idk-if-this-is-false-positive-because-it-says-its/3f162616-8a60-4c58-bc7f-163070cf1329
  4. Two Document folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Two Document folders: I have 2 Document folders both with same properties.How has this happened (one has a push pin icon next to it)It is safe to delete one of them? 153742
  5. Something similar to xp's Folder Options File Types? Must affect standard users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Something similar to xp's Folder Options File Types? Must affect standard users: Is there anything besides FileTypesMan that can do something similar to Windows XP's "File Types" tab in Folder Options? The problem with FileTypesMan is twofold. It requires elevation, and then it edits things for that admin account, NOT the standard account I'm trying to...
  6. Windows 10 Temp folder filling up with thousands of files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Temp folder filling up with thousands of files: I have been having issues with the Disk going to 100% and basically making my Windows 10 system (Version 1903 OS Build 18362.720) unusable. I tried many many potential solutions to no avail. Search the internet many times. I notice when I ran antivirus scan, the disk usage...
  7. in Windows 10, how to copy photos to a new folder

in Windows 10, how to copy photos to a new folder: In the original folder, I select the photo and click the copy option. In the new folder there is no paste option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-how-to-copy-photos-to-a-new-folder/f3ebd236-13a2-45c5-8a1a-deb2a5bb192d
  8. Upload - Folder option missing

Upload - Folder option missing: I'm trying to upload a Folder to One Drive but can only see the option for File upload? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upload-folder-option-missing/c04d6dc7-5f34-4a2a-90f7-294e11f98fb0
  9. File Explorer is showing a folder and its contents twice. How do I fix?

File Explorer is showing a folder and its contents twice. How do I fix?: I have a folder that and its contents that appears twice. Since I have multiple drives I was concerned that somehow that I might be some how putting files on different drives or different folders which could explain file loss misplacement . [ATTACH]...
  10. I messed up with icon files and now the deafult folder icon changed to something I don't want

in Windows 10 Customization
    I messed up with icon files and now the deafult folder icon changed to something I don't want: I've been trying to change the deafult folder into something else, a .ico file. I followedthis tutorial and now even the "new folder" button looks like this and every new folder I make looks like that, a blank sheet instead of a folder. What did I do wrong and how do I fix...