Windows 10: New folders now appearing in Win Explorer

Discus and support New folders now appearing in Win Explorer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This has happened a lot over the years, not as frequently as it does now though. Pretty straight forward issue, when I create a folder it will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ShaneWookie, Jan 2, 2021.

1. New folders now appearing in Win Explorer

This has happened a lot over the years, not as frequently as it does now though. Pretty straight forward issue, when I create a folder it will not appear until I refresh the window. Same with renaming the folders, I have to refresh the thing to get it to appear.

Any ideas why, and suggestions on how to keep this from happening again?

Thanks

submitted by /u/ShaneWookie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ShaneWookie, Jan 2, 2021
  2. wolf2009 Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Jan 2, 2021
  3. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 2, 2021
  4. Kreij Win User

New folders now appearing in Win Explorer

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

New folders now appearing in Win Explorer

1. New folders now appearing in Win Explorer - Similar Threads - folders appearing Explorer

2. Corrupted Folders in Win Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted Folders in Win Explorer: Hello, I recently did a huge mass-delete of deeply nested files, but the process left behind 3 folders that can't be deleted.E:\Deep Scan F\Recovery_20220724_150611\Miscz\auxE:\Deep Scan F\Recovery_20220724_150611\Miscz\conE:\Deep Scan...
  3. Corrupted Folders in Win Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted Folders in Win Explorer: Hello, I recently did a huge mass-delete of deeply nested files, but the process left behind 3 folders that can't be deleted.E:\Deep Scan F\Recovery_20220724_150611\Miscz\auxE:\Deep Scan F\Recovery_20220724_150611\Miscz\conE:\Deep Scan...
  4. Corrupted Folders in Win Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Program folders not appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program folders not appearing in File Explorer: I have a few program files that aren’t visible in the File Explorer app, but are visible through a 3rd party app WinDirStat.I have already checked all the “view” settings and set everything to be visible, including hidden files, and program-essential files. The ones I’m...
  6. Program folders not appearing in File Explorer

Program folders not appearing in File Explorer: I have a few program files that aren’t visible in the File Explorer app, but are visible through a 3rd party app WinDirStat.I have already checked all the “view” settings and set everything to be visible, including hidden files, and program-essential files. The ones I’m...
  7. Program folders not appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Onedrive is back to appearing in Explorer as a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive is back to appearing in Explorer as a folder: Current version of Windows 10 Pro. I followed a tutorial here do uninstall OneDrive. While using Explorer today (on this laptop), I see that OneDrive folder keeps reappearing. I don't find evidence that OneDrive has managed to reinstall itself -- which is to say, I can't find...
  9. New Files or Folders Not Appearing

New Files or Folders Not Appearing: When I create a new folder in explorer, it won't appear unless I go up one level and then re-enter the folder. This is also true if I create a new file. I have disable all the content menus as one online article suggested context menu helpers might be the culprit. It is...
  10. Win 10 Explorer Delay in Producing New Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Explorer Delay in Producing New Folders: Hi everyone, First post, apologies if this has been covered before, could not find any existing references. Recent issue occured on all 3 of my Win 10 Home PC's which I can't resolve. All Win 10 Home, versions, 2004 19041.630, V.1909 18363.189 and V.20H2 Have registered the...