Windows 10: New Folders

Discus and support New Folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Getting a little frustrated here, Empty folders in Windows should have zero files, a new folder does, but recently after renaming a new folder or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DougDorsey, Jan 23, 2021.

1. New Folders

Getting a little frustrated here,

Empty folders in Windows should have zero files, a new folder does, but recently after renaming a new folder or changing it to be optimized for Pictures for example, it magically gains one unseen file. No amount of tweeking the folder will make this file go away, so I delete the folder and try again same result. Where is this phantom file coming from and is there a way to absolutely prevent them?

Doug

:)

DougDorsey, Jan 23, 2021

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Jan 23, 2021
  3. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 23, 2021
  4. New Folders

Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

New Folders

1. New Folders - Similar Threads - Folders

2. Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11: Hi dears.... Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11 installed on laptop. It happened after I downloaded a few files and was in the process of renaming them. Now the download folder is not opening even after restart and goes into 'not responding' mode. The files being...
  3. Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11: Hi dears.... Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11 installed on laptop. It happened after I downloaded a few files and was in the process of renaming them. Now the download folder is not opening even after restart and goes into 'not responding' mode. The files being...
  4. Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...
  6. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...
  7. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

8. After an update all my files & folders are noww located on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After an update all my files & folders are noww located on my desktop.: Using Windows 11.. I recently did a Windows update on my 4 month old Dell desktop and now ALL my files are located on my desktop. THEY ARE NOT SHORT CUTS.I called Dell.. BIG MISTAKE.. and they deleted them and had me reload from my backup. It happened again. Then I called...
  9. After an update all my files & folders are noww located on my desktop.

After an update all my files & folders are noww located on my desktop.: Using Windows 11.. I recently did a Windows update on my 4 month old Dell desktop and now ALL my files are located on my desktop. THEY ARE NOT SHORT CUTS.I called Dell.. BIG MISTAKE.. and they deleted them and had me reload from my backup. It happened again. Then I called...
  10. How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?

How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?: I have windows 10, and cannot delete this file from my Downloads folder:Abstract 4629_ Expression of cancer-associated proliferating cell nuclear antigen caPCNA in various stages and types of neoplasia breast, cervix, colon, gastric, lung, ovary, thyroid, and uterus _ Cancer...