Windows 10: New font doesn't show up the time character properly

Discus and support New font doesn't show up the time character properly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've switched to the Google Sans font across all my devices (Android and Windows) but there's a small cosmetic problem in visibility of the ":"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bl00keRs, Feb 2, 2019.

1. bl00keRs Win User

New font doesn't show up the time character properly

I've switched to the Google Sans font across all my devices (Android and Windows) but there's a small cosmetic problem in visibility of the ":" character in taskbar clock, as you can see it on attached screenshot. I also use small taskbar icons and don't want the date to be there, but it's there. Switched to normal size and back to small but it won't disappear. Completely don't understand this situation as when I've had the Windows Segoe UI font as standard system font, the ":" character showed up just fine, and there was no date when small taskbar icons switch was on. The character shows up properly in all other programs like Word, Wordpad, Notepad as well so it's just clock related.

New font doesn't show up the time character properly [​IMG]

Can someone see anything incorrect in the registry file which I used to switch the font? Could it be coding?

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts] "Segoe UI (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Light (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Semibold (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Symbol (TrueType)"="" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes] "Segoe UI"="Google Sans"[/quote] The names of all Google Sans installed font are:

:)

bl00keRs, Feb 2, 2019

2. Times new roman bold font

To further isolate the concern, we suggest that you restore default settings and check if it helps. See steps below:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click on Control
      Panel.
    • Change the View by to large/small
      icons, and then click on Fonts.
    • On the left pane, click on Font settings.
    • Under Font settings, click on Restore default font settings.

If restoring the default font settings does not bring back the Times New Roman Regular font, we suggest that if you have another computer with Windows 10, you can copy the Times New Roman Regular font into your PC's Font folder.

Patricia Yu, Feb 2, 2019
  3. jerbil Win User
    Why is font not displayed in Character Map

Recently upgraded to Win 10. Since then, added new font, Helvetica Neue. It shows in File Explorer, it shows in apps generally (see image) but it doesn't show in Character Map. Why not?

jerbil, Feb 2, 2019
  4. drenstin Win User

how to show korean fonts/characters on 5800xm?

how to show korean fonts/characters on 5800xm?

drenstin, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

1. New font doesn't show up the time character properly - Similar Threads - font doesn't show

2. Characters missing from fonts in new install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Characters missing from fonts in new install of Windows 10: As the subject states, a new install of Windows 10 is missing certain characters from most fonts. On other Windows 10 computers I use or have used in the past, these characters are displayed correctly, without ever having installed supplementary fonts. For example, the...
  3. System font on new computer displays weird characters

in Windows 10 Support
    System font on new computer displays weird characters: New computer displays symbols for special characters. For example, in the lower right corner the time reads 729AM and in File Explorer a file name that should be VCMC T&O.docx reads VCMC T^0O.docx. I tried changing the system font but that did not help so I changed back to...
  4. System font on new computer displays ASCII characters

in Windows 10 Support
    System font on new computer displays ASCII characters: New computer displays ASCII symbols for special characters. For example, in the lower right corner the time reads 729AM and in File Explorer a file name that should be VCMC T&O.docx reads VCMC T^0O.docx. I tried changing the system font but that did not help so I changed...
  5. Start menu doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu doesn't show up: HI, my pc is having this simple problem: when left clicking on the start icon the start menu doesn't show up, instead the icon background chances colour from black to white. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Other info: - full screen start menu mode works. - the start menu works with...
  6. Keyboard showing incorrect characters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard showing incorrect characters: Cannot get pound symbol, while @ and " symbols appear to have swapped. I have ensured UK English is on the Control settings and makes no difference...
  7. Synaptics 'Show Video' doesn't play video properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics 'Show Video' doesn't play video properly: Hi, I was just looking at the Synaptics features in looking at a poster's issue, when I found that 'Show Video' opens a window as if to play it but only blinks 'Opening media'. Now the videos are wmv's and mpg's and play correctly in my default player if I open them from...
  8. Why is font not displayed in Character Map

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is font not displayed in Character Map: Recently upgraded to Win 10. Since then, added new font, Helvetica Neue. It shows in File Explorer, it shows in apps generally (see image) but it doesn't show in Character Map. Why not? [img] 23862
  9. Font Doesn't Show Too Well; How To Change It ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Font Doesn't Show Too Well; How To Change It ?: Hello, Opened up a program (Just BASIC) that has a big help file. For reasons I can't understand, the text is in grey, over a white background. Just about impossible to red, at tleast with my eyesight. Big File. Any way to have the program show it with a normal...
  10. uninstalled fonts not showing up in folder

in Windows 10 Support
    uninstalled fonts not showing up in folder: I have over 25,000 fonts and have been trying to organize them. I have sorted them into folders such as serifs, san serifs etc. The san serif folders says that it has 1322 fonts in it but only about 1/3 of them are showing up. The last one showing is Eamon. Before I realized...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why doesnt a font show up in character map

2. phone doesnt show symbols properly