Windows 10: New font doesn't show up the time character properly

Discus and support New font doesn't show up the time character properly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've switched to the Google Sans font across all my devices (Android and Windows) but there's a small cosmetic problem in visibility of the ":"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bl00keRs, Feb 2, 2019.

1. bl00keRs Win User

New font doesn't show up the time character properly

I've switched to the Google Sans font across all my devices (Android and Windows) but there's a small cosmetic problem in visibility of the ":" character in taskbar clock, as you can see it on attached screenshot. I also use small taskbar icons and don't want the date to be there, but it's there. Switched to normal size and back to small but it won't disappear. Completely don't understand this situation as when I've had the Windows Segoe UI font as standard system font, the ":" character showed up just fine, and there was no date when small taskbar icons switch was on. The character shows up properly in all other programs like Word, Wordpad, Notepad as well so it's just clock related.

New font doesn't show up the time character properly [​IMG]

Can someone see anything incorrect in the registry file which I used to switch the font? Could it be coding?

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts] "Segoe UI (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Light (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Semibold (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Symbol (TrueType)"="" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes] "Segoe UI"="Google Sans"[/quote] The names of all Google Sans installed font are:

:)

bl00keRs, Feb 2, 2019

2. Times new roman bold font

To further isolate the concern, we suggest that you restore default settings and check if it helps. See steps below:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click on Control
      Panel.
    • Change the View by to large/small
      icons, and then click on Fonts.
    • On the left pane, click on Font settings.
    • Under Font settings, click on Restore default font settings.

If restoring the default font settings does not bring back the Times New Roman Regular font, we suggest that if you have another computer with Windows 10, you can copy the Times New Roman Regular font into your PC's Font folder.

Patricia Yu, Feb 2, 2019
  3. jerbil Win User
    Why is font not displayed in Character Map

Recently upgraded to Win 10. Since then, added new font, Helvetica Neue. It shows in File Explorer, it shows in apps generally (see image) but it doesn't show in Character Map. Why not?

jerbil, Feb 2, 2019
  4. drenstin Win User

how to show korean fonts/characters on 5800xm?

how to show korean fonts/characters on 5800xm?

drenstin, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

1. New font doesn't show up the time character properly - Similar Threads - font doesn't show

2. Font is installed but it only shows up in Character Map

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font is installed but it only shows up in Character Map: Windows version: 24H2I installed a font via Windows font viewer, but it only appears in Character map, the font is there, but it can only be used in browsers....
  3. Font is installed but it only shows up in Character Map

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font is installed but it only shows up in Character Map: Windows version: 24H2I installed a font via Windows font viewer, but it only appears in Character map, the font is there, but it can only be used in browsers....
  4. Unicode Devnagari fonts showing up as either blocks or just English characters.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unicode Devnagari fonts showing up as either blocks or just English characters.: Hi, I am trying to use some unicode Devnagari fonts. But when using them to create slides in PowerPoint, I am getting either blocks or latin/English characters. I am using Windows 10 Home single language. These fonts I have used on my previous machine which had win 10 pro and...
  5. Unicode Devnagari fonts showing up as either blocks or just English characters.

Unicode Devnagari fonts showing up as either blocks or just English characters.: Hi, I am trying to use some unicode Devnagari fonts. But when using them to create slides in PowerPoint, I am getting either blocks or latin/English characters. I am using Windows 10 Home single language. These fonts I have used on my previous machine which had win 10 pro and...
  6. Times New Roman Missing Characters

Times New Roman Missing Characters: A couple of months ago, my Times New Roman font seems to be missing some characters. I tried using other fonts at the moment, but it irks me to see that I don't have a clue on how to resolve this problem. I would greatly appreciate any of you guys who would help me out on...
  7. Fonts showing oriental and other characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Fonts showing oriental and other characters: When I go to Windows > Fonts, I see several fonts (TrueType and OpenType) whose icons show what seems to be Japanese and/or other oriental language and other stuff. ▼ But if I open one of these font files, the preview shows the occidental alphabet with its symbols and stuff,...
  8. Fonts/Unicode Characters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fonts/Unicode Characters: So I was deleting some preinstalled fonts like Microsoft fonts and things like Arial Bold. The reason I did this is because there are a lot of preinstalled fonts and I'm always downloading new fonts for creative purposes. I deleted a bunch of these fonts so that it would be...
  9. Changed Fonts and a strange character appeared on the time on taskbar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changed Fonts and a strange character appeared on the time on taskbar.: Good day! So I changed fonts using the reg file tweak trick and now there is this strange box thing in the time on the taskbar where the colon is supposed to be.[ATTACH] Now, I already changed back to the default font, but it's still the same after restarting my phone. What...
  10. Fonts not showing up in the font folder .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fonts not showing up in the font folder .: I cant use any of my fonts . It says they are there but i don't see them . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fonts-not-showing-up-in-the-font-folder/a47a6d69-5683-4579-bd56-d63e754a32fd

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why doesnt a font show up in character map

2. phone doesnt show symbols properly